Other

How to register my OnePlus 6T with Servify 6 months late

1. francois.cabrol Cupcake Aug 8, 2019

francois.cabrol, Aug 8, 2019 :
    Hello everyone,

I ordered my OnePlus 6T along with a one-year Servify plan (directly from oneplus.com). I received the activation code by email, without any notification that I had only 7 days to do so. I did not manage to do it using the app, and I forgot about it.
    Of course, now my screen is cracked - and I know a little better about how to activate my plan - I cannot perform this activation because the code is rejected as "invalid".
    What can I do to have my plan activated? Otherwise, it means that I wasted $150 on a plan I won't be able to use, which sounds like a scam.

Thank you for your help,

François

2. pablofg1978 Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Aug 8, 2019

pablofg1978, Aug 8, 2019 :
    You should contact servify

francois.cabrol, ironass and drl431 like this.
  3. Gav_W86 Starting Point Expert Aug 9, 2019

Gav_W86, Aug 9, 2019 :
    If you received the activation code in a timely way, why would you think you didn't have to do anything with it? Did the email say "use this code to activate your cover" or did it say "we've sent you this but don't bother doing anything with it"?
    Overall though you need to speak to Servify re any activation issues.

4. francois.cabrol Cupcake Aug 16, 2019

francois.cabrol, Aug 16, 2019 :
    Does anyone who went through the same problem know a reliable way to contact Servify?

Thank you.

5. Rehan_Shaikh_Mumbaikar Cupcake Aug 16, 2019

francois.cabrol likes this.
  6. nickboldt Cupcake Aug 23, 2019 at 5:01 PM

nickboldt, Aug 23, 2019 at 5:01 PM :
    The Servify support team are pretty useless.

They emailed me this:

---
    Subject: Important - Plan Purchase Confirmation - OnePlus Protect Plus for OnePlus 6T - Accidental Damage from Handling

support@servify.in <support@servify.in> Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 7:30 PM
    Congratulations on the purchase of OnePlus Protect Plus for OnePlus 6T - Accidental Damage from Handling powered by Servify for your OnePlus 6T. To maximize these benefits and to experience a seamless claim process, register your OnePlus 6T under the Plan.

Your activation code is (redacted).
    For more information on the OnePlus Protect Plus for OnePlus 6T - Accidental Damage from Handling Plan, please read the Terms & Conditions.

Please write to us at or call for any questions or concerns. Enjoy the OnePlus 6T and welcome to Servify family.​
    ---

and after 2 weeks of emails they have yet to explain to me:
    * where to do the activation
    * if they've activated me

So I attempted to escalate to support@oneplus.com and after a week of emails with them...

I was told:

---
    Thank you for contacting OnePlus Customer Support, we really appreciate you taking out the time in writing to us

We understand that you would like to know how to activate the protection plan for your OnePlus device, we will surely assist you with this.

About your query, we would request you to please find the below steps to activate protection plans.
    This is an easy 2-step activation process

Step 1: You will receive an activation code and OnePlus Care mobile application download link on your registered Email ID & registered mobile number.

Step 2: Download the app and activate your Servify Service Contract by following the instructions provided in the mobile application.

The purchase & activation process of the Servify Service Contract must be completed within 30 days of purchasing the OnePlus device, and on the same device for which the OnePlus Protection Service Contract is purchased.

However, if you are unable to download the OnePlus care app, we request you to contact the insurance provider to activate.

Thank you for your understanding in this regard.​
    ---

TL;DR I can't use the app (because it can't be installed in Canada), so I'm stuck talking to Servify...

... who are ignoring my emails.

If this is the quality of support I'm to expect from OnePlus and Servify... I wonder if I'm better to cancel the plan and just buy a stronger case. :(