Working How to remove card package "icon" from 5t opening screen

1. MargaretAnnn
    Cupcake Feb 21, 2021

MargaretAnnn , Feb 21, 2021 :
    Suddenly today I see a "card package" icon (if you can call something that takes up a quarter of the screen) on my 5t. I didn't install it, there is no corresponding app I can find so I can delete it, and I am unable to get it off the screen, where it is taking up a quarter of the screen. Can anyone give me any help on this?

2. Swejuggalo
    Community Bug Hunter Feb 21, 2021

Artemus. likes this.
  3. Gav_W86
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Feb 21, 2021

Gav_W86 , Feb 21, 2021 :
    as said, can you show this on a screenshot?

Artemus. likes this.
  4. MargaretAnnn
    Cupcake Feb 22, 2021

MargaretAnnn , Feb 22, 2021 :
    I hope this works to send a screen shot

Attached Files:

5. Gav_W86
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Feb 22, 2021

Gav_W86 , Feb 22, 2021 :
    ok, and it is not a widget? what happens if you long press on it? does a menu pop up?
    The icons look like the OnePlus Card Package app

6. MargaretAnnn
    Cupcake Feb 22, 2021

MargaretAnnn , Feb 22, 2021 :
    When I long press, nothing happens. If I "open" it, it asks for "membership cards." I cannot find an app which seems to correspond to this. If I could, I'd remove it.

7. Gav_W86
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Feb 23, 2021

Gav_W86 , Feb 23, 2021 :
    so you don't get an option to remove it (like you do if you long press the Google search bar widget)?

8. camohan
    Nougat Moderator Feb 23, 2021

camohan , Feb 23, 2021 :
    Hi there, please check if your launcher is upto date.

Here is the link to the latest oneplus launcher from the playstore https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.oneplus.launcher

9. MargaretAnnn
    Cupcake Feb 23, 2021

MargaretAnnn , Feb 23, 2021 :
    I finally did see the "remove" option, but it disappears before I can get my finger to it. Even using two hands, holding a finger from one hand on the card package "thingy" and a finger from the other hand on the remove, does nothing. It just ignores me

10. MargaretAnnn
    Cupcake Feb 23, 2021

MargaretAnnn , Feb 23, 2021 :
    I was able to move the card package "thingy" off to the next screen so it is not on my default screen, but I cannot get rid of it. I have read a number of negative reviews of the new launcher to make me hesitant to download it. How would it help me with the problem of being unable to remove this "card package?"