Cupcake Jun 3, 2014

2. gatenosix
    KitKat Jun 4, 2014

3. Smnol
    Gingerbread Jun 5, 2014

4. networkdood
    KitKat Jun 5, 2014

networkdood , Jun 5, 2014 :
    Thanks - this is what I am going to do first...

5. lotus49
    Eclair Jun 7, 2014

lotus49 , Jun 7, 2014 :
    Thank you for this. I have always rooted my Android devices (so I can use Titanium Backup, SixAxis etc) until I bought my Note 10.1 2014 with its stupid Knox efuse. That's the last Samsung device I buy which is why I'm looking here. It is reassuring to know that rooting the 1+ One will be straightforward.

6. FXA
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 7, 2014

pescator likes this.
  7. Tryminator
    Honeycomb Jun 7, 2014

8. KyleVPirate

KyleVPirate , Jun 7, 2014 :
    You know it is helpful to also make a video of this and upload to YouTube and stuff. Anuj Patel from AndroidRootz makes really good videos on how to root etc. Just saying, some people are more into visual learning then reading from a page..

9. Deciare
    Honeycomb Jun 7, 2014

Deciare , Jun 7, 2014 :
    I was wondering whether I'd have to live without root if the rarity of the 1+1 meant that no modders would be able to acquire the device before ordinary users did.

Thankfully, that is not the case. :D Thanks a lot!

10. Patrick Hill
    Honeycomb Jun 7, 2014

Patrick Hill , Jun 7, 2014 :
    I don't do that.. I don't spoon feed anyone.. I make things and assume people have done their homework enough to be able to follow the instructions.. If the instructions are too difficult.. Then read.. I'm a developer not a "how to" guy.. I didn't learn by how to videos.. That's why there are people who've been using Android way longer than me yet my knowledge surpasses theirs.. Because I took the time and learned.. I didn't take shortcuts and I refuse to provide them to others.

If what I provide isn't good enough.. Well too bad.. I help the entire android community out enough and don't have time to do "how to" videos for noobs.. I'm noob friendly.. But to noobs who take the initiative to learn on their own and not expect to be spoonfed on how to do something.

Since you're so keen on a "how to" why don't YOU do one? What have YOU contributed to the community? I have a laundry list of things and can give you links to all the articles about stuff I have done.. What have YOU done besides ask for more more more? People like you piss me off.. What I do isn't enough?!? Get the f**k out of here and stop acting so entitled.. Beggars can't be choosers.. Ever hear that expression?

puma95 likes this.
  11. housry23

housry23 , Jun 7, 2014 :
    His current phone is a Nexus 5 and he's asking for a how to video lol! If you have a Nexus, there's no way you should need a how to video to root this phone.

Patrick Hill likes this.
  12. xtopheralan81
    Gingerbread Jun 29, 2014

xtopheralan81 , Jun 29, 2014 :
    FYI - if anyone else is having problems flashing TWRP (you flash it, commands are all OKAY, but it keeps rebooting into Cyanogenmod Simple Recovery), here's the fix.

1. Disable CyanogenMod Recovery Protection:
    Open settings > developer options. Then look for an option that says 'Update recovery with system updates' and disable it.

After doing that, REFLASH TWRP and then it will work.

I was losing my mind wondering why the dang Cyanogenmod Simple Recovery kept popping up and not TWRP and this was the reason.

zoro25 likes this.
  13. riffraff81
    KitKat Jul 3, 2014

riffraff81 , Jul 3, 2014 :
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH SIR!!

spent 2 hours wrestling with this thing and this rather simple guide got things working!

14. agodo
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 3, 2014

agodo , Jul 3, 2014 :
    WARNING! IF U INSTALL CUSTOM RECOVERY (TWRP) YOU WILL NOT RECIEVE UPDATES VIA OTA

15. dkotoric
    Gingerbread Jul 3, 2014

dkotoric , Jul 3, 2014 :
    just wanted to add

Main reason I root all my phones is to change the density from 480 to 320, everything is so big otherwise, its useless having a phone with such a nice big screen if the same amount of stuff fits as on a small 1080p screen

16. So_ony
    Community Veteran Jul 3, 2014

So_ony , Jul 3, 2014 :
    Nice thread ! I think a lot of newbie ones will this help a lot ! Great work !

17. xtopheralan81
    Gingerbread Jul 3, 2014

xtopheralan81 , Jul 3, 2014 :
    Not true. I just got the new OTA update that was released today and I have TWRP installed and everything updated perfectly. In fact once you hit INSTALL it reboots into TWRP to install the update. Stop spreading misinformation.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014

18. Deactivated User
    Jul 3, 2014

19. Deactivated User
    Jul 3, 2014

20. Sebbe8910
    Honeycomb Jul 3, 2014