How to setup OnePlus TV with a external speaker?

1. Steven X.
    OnePlus TV Software PM Staff Member Nov 15, 2019

Steven X. , Nov 15, 2019 :
    OnePlus TV supports three kinds of audio outputs: HDMI ARC, Optical Cable and Bluetooth. You can use either of them to connect to your external speaker. The HDMI ARC is recommended as it ensures the best quality if your speaker supports.

图片 1.png

Setup Audio Output via HDMI ARC
    1. Ensure that your home audio receiver supports HDMI ARC function
    2. Connect the HDMI cable to both the OnePlus TV HDMI ARC Port (Port 2) and the home audio receiver.
    3. Turn the TV and home audio receiver on. Set the TV’s input to match the connection you used (HDMI-1 ,HDMI-2, etc.). Then, change Audio Out pipeline in OSD-settings.
    4. Set Audio Out format to your preferred setting. We suggest pass-through for all HD audio content.
    图片 2.png

Setup Audio Out via Optical cable
    1. Ensure that your home audio receiver can support Optical/Stereo Audio function, and optical input port is available.
    2. Switch into optical audio source on your external speaker settings.
    3. Turn the TV and your device on. Set the TV’s input to match the connection you used. Then. change Audio Out pipeline in OSD-settings.
    4. Set Audio Out format to your preferred setting. We suggest that use PCM or Pass-through for all SD & HD audio content.
    图片 3.png

Audio Out options breakdown
    • Digital PCM: The TV encodes the audio as PCM for transmission to the amplifier or soundbar. (2 channels)
    • Digital Legacy: The TV encodes the audio as Dolby Digital for transmission to the amplifier or soundbar. (5.1/7.1 channels)
    • Digital Auto: The TV encodes the audio as Dolby Digital Plus for transmission to the amplifier or soundbar. If the amplifier or Soundbar does not support Dolby Digital Plus, encodes the audio as Dolby Digital. (5.1/7.1 channels)
    • Digital Pass-though: If the audio played on the TV is DTS or Dolby Digital Plus, the TV does not encode the sound and sends it directly to the amplifier or Soundbar. The TV plays audio in other formats, the TV encodes the audio as PCM for transmission to the amplifier or soundbar. (2/5.1/7.1 channels)
    Setup Bluetooth Audio Out for Bluetooth speaker
    1. Ensure your External BT device is on, press Pairing Key to trigger the device's Bluetooth Pairing Mode. For more information about how to trigger pairing mode, please refer to the user documentation that came with the device.
    2. Now, you can search for the speaker & headphone using your OnePlus TV with following sequence: Settings - Remotes & Accessories - Accessories - Add Accessory.

Your OnePlus TV will then start searching for available Bluetooth devices nearby, please make sure your External Bluetooth device in pairing mode and close-by.

3. Once the device is paired, it will show in UI list and broadcast a status to you.

To Rename or Unpair Bluetooth Device
    1. Choose you Bluetooth device under Settings - Remote & Accessories Page and then select Forget/Unpair
    2. You can also customize your Bluetooth device's name, by selecting Rename.

2. vickyboss05
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2019

vickyboss05 , via OnePlus 5 , Nov 21, 2019 :
    hello everyone... I have a doubt in connecting external speakers to my one plus tv... I need sound in my external speakers which am connecting to the tv and as well as in the inbuilt speakers of the tv.. but I get in either one.. is there any option so both the speakers work simultaneously.. (tv speakers + external speakers)

thank you

Deen4533 likes this.
  3. johnv301
    Donut Dec 5, 2019

johnv301 , Dec 5, 2019 :
    Hi,
    I too have a problem getting the TV speakers, soundbar connected on the HDMI-ARC and headphones connected via optical cable to play simultaneously without going through the tedious setting adjustments every time. Right now, my optical cable connection is not functioning at all. Should I replace the TV? Please help Steven X.
    Col. Jacob.

Deen4533 likes this.
  4. johnv301
    Donut Dec 5, 2019

5. sbhmnaik
    Froyo Dec 9, 2019

sbhmnaik , Dec 9, 2019 :
    Hi Guys,
    Can you guys try setting Audio out to digital legacy ?
    Not sure of both tv and speaker can work simultaneously.

6. vickyboss05
    Cupcake Dec 12, 2019

vickyboss05 , via OnePlus 5 , Dec 12, 2019 :
    nope... either one is allowed.. we can enjoy sound in external speakers or tv speakers.. then is no option uptil now to enjoy sound in both tv and external speakers simultaneously.. hope they may add an option in software update if more people request OnePlus ..

Deen4533 likes this.
  7. Deen4533
    Donut Dec 14, 2019

Deen4533 , Dec 14, 2019 :
    Same issue here, can't get sound on both ,either one of them gets silenced which is not fair on part of OnePlus development team ,i wish they will fix it in upcoming update, consumers should get a choice to choose either one or both ,otherwise it is not fair as most of us had soundbars before the tv arrived from one plus,so it is suggested to fix it in update.
    Hope it meets expections of community of OnePlus !!

vickyboss05 likes this.
  8. ginzon
    Froyo Jan 2, 2020

ginzon , Jan 2, 2020 :
    Most TV sets are either or.. never both...

vickyboss05 and Venky61 like this.
  9. ĎhàñřåjBûddÿ
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2020

ĎhàñřåjBûddÿ , Jun 26, 2020 :
    Sir when im connecting my boat soundbar with hdmi arc then it is taking 1 min to get audio. It is delayed whenever i restart my oneplustv. The audio is not getting spontaneous. Plz help me out. I even tried audio output format as - pass through all but it automatically default to digital legacy

10. B1535419556475
    Cupcake Jul 28, 2020

11. Rick Y.
    OnePlus TV Software Engineer Staff Member Jul 28, 2020

Rick Y. , Jul 28, 2020 :
    Please check the following settings:
    1. Connection: your home theater system -> [ARC port] <-- HDMI Cable --> [HDMI ARC port] TV;
    2. Settings: Then set the audio out of the TV: Settings -> Sound -> Audio Out -> Auto or HDMI ARC & Digital Auto;
    If there is no sound output from the power amplifier,
    1. Please try to increase the volume;
    2. Please unplug all other HDMI devices from the TV port to help isolate the issue.

12. B1535419556475
    Cupcake Jul 28, 2020

13. Rick Y.

Rick Y. , Jul 28, 2020 :
    What is your amplifier model? Can you give me the recorded video during the operation? Please also upload the log (bug report).

14. B1535419556475
    Cupcake Jul 28, 2020

B1535419556475 , via OnePlus 6T , Jul 28, 2020 :
    Its Sony Home Theatre System
    1595936362051.jpg

Model # DAV-DZ290

I have connected HDMI Cable to HDMI ARC in TV and in Home Theatre only one HDMI SLOT it's connected and it was perfectly working with Samsung HD 3D SMART TV for almost 8 years i used and i have sent bug report from basu.ns4u@gmail.com

15. Rick Y.

Rick Y. , Jul 28, 2020 :
    I checked the product manual and this device does not support ARC. How did you connect with the Samsung TV before? It seems that our TV does not have an interface compatible with the amplifier. Thanks!

16. B1535419556475
    Cupcake Jul 29, 2020

Rick Y. likes this.
  17. Deepak_Santhanam
    Cupcake Aug 16, 2020

Deepak_Santhanam , Aug 16, 2020 :
    Hi, I haves issues with connecting already paired bluetooth devices. For the first time while pairing, the device gets connected. For the subsequent use, I see the device getting listed below paired devices but it does not get connected automatically and there is no option that allows me to connect the device like we have in a mobile phone / laptop. Can you please point me towards a solution for this?

18. Rick Y.
    OnePlus TV Software Engineer Staff Member Aug 17, 2020

Rick Y. , Aug 17, 2020 :
    Hi, Deepak_Santhanam,
    The Bluetooth device should be able to connect to the TV automatically when it is in the connectable state next time. please confirm:
    1. The Bluetooth device is not connected with other devices;
    2. The Bluetooth device is in a connectable state;

19. O1597167979562
    Cupcake Sep 7, 2020

O1597167979562 , Sep 7, 2020 :
    Hi I bought One Plus Q series TV and connected it to my HT-RT3 home theatre. Digital legacy is not working. However the Digital PCM is working fine. Please help and advice.

20. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Sep 21, 2020

Venky61 , Sep 21, 2020 :
    Legacy mode is meant for old Music Systems that only supports DD or DTS. Auto and Passthrough are the modes meant for the newer systems.