How to take picture directly by power button

1. Himanshu kamboj
    Cupcake Nov 7, 2017

Himanshu kamboj , Nov 7, 2017 :
    I have heard about this feature that it can click photos even when the screen is off . can anyone help me find how to do that

2. Photoman9988
    KitKat Nov 7, 2017

3. Yourlocalbartender
    Froyo Nov 7, 2017

Yourlocalbartender , Nov 7, 2017 :
    Open the stock Camera app, open the hamburger menu in the top left, then hit the settings gear in the top right, and turn on Quick Capture. this allows you to double-tap the power button to turn on the screen, open the camera app, and immediately snap a picture without you having to hit the shutter button. However, as mentioned, this will turn on the screen, and it should be noted that the process itself still does take at least a full second, especially if your phone uses the flash.

Cuyono and doggiewog like this.
  4. sk.one
    Gingerbread Nov 7, 2017

sk.one , Nov 7, 2017 :
    Photoman is right. you cant.

and think about it...in order to do such a thing, your camera would always have to be on, you'll be creating another useless thread complaining about poor battery life too.
    you would have crappy pictures without focus too.

Photoman9988 likes this.
  5. muzikman80
    Eclair Nov 8, 2017

6. Gav_W86
    Moderator Moderator Nov 8, 2017

Gav_W86 , Nov 8, 2017 :
    And of course if the OP is in India that doesn't work as they have the emergency call shortcut.

Yourlocalbartender likes this.
  7. Yourlocalbartender
    Froyo Nov 8, 2017

Yourlocalbartender , Nov 8, 2017 :
    Are you sure? (I'm not, I'm genuinely asking, don't mean to be snarky here.) I was under the impression that that the double-tap would still open the camera app and that the way to initiate an emergency call was to triple-tap the power button?

This is what I've read on the forums elsewhere, though not being from India I haven't been able to test this myself.

Cuyono likes this.
  8. Gav_W86
    Moderator Moderator Nov 8, 2017

Gav_W86 , Nov 8, 2017 :
    The emergency call is a triple tap. But they have disabled the double tap to avoid confusion.

Yourlocalbartender likes this.
  9. Yourlocalbartender
    Froyo Nov 8, 2017

Yourlocalbartender , Nov 8, 2017 :
    Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification!

10. U1528981288245
    Cupcake Feb 6, 2020

U1528981288245 , Feb 6, 2020 :
    I have used this feature in Lenovo Vibe K4 Note. After that I searched for this feature in all other devices. I couldnt find one. I dont think this feature is available in Oneplus. U can just set a shortcut button to open a camera or u can set double press power button to open camera. But it doesnt click a pic. Where as in Lenovo K4, we could directly click pic usin power button and volume down button without any one noticing that we are taking a pic.

11. Waveform Modifier
    Marshmallow Feb 6, 2020

12. Philip_Philippou
    Cupcake Jul 24, 2020

Philip_Philippou , Jul 24, 2020 :
    I found the double click option would open the camera but not take a picture. I was able to take a picture by saying "Ok Google, take a picture". Probably no good under water though.

13. ktp1976
    Eclair Nov 27, 2021

ktp1976 , Nov 27, 2021 :
    I know this thread is quite old... Just to document this in case anybody else stumbles over it like me... I came here searching for a solution on my OnePlus 9 Pro because I want to take some photos and videos unter water with a waterproof phone pouch. I knew about the double press the powerbutton setting to open the camera app but honestly was to dumb to realize that the app uses the volume buttons to take pictures or start/stop recording videos. At least with the 9 Pro stock camera app.