how to transfer my WhatsApp conversations

1. O1519466290468 Cupcake Feb 24, 2018

2. rish5435 Froyo Feb 24, 2018

3. idkwhoiam322 Nougat Feb 24, 2018

idkwhoiam322, Feb 24, 2018 :
    Easy.
    I'll make it as simple as possible.
    Open Whatsapp>3 dots(Or however the menu looks like on iOS)>Chats>Chat Backup> BACK UP button using Google Drive.
    Next when you sign in to the same account(using the same number), it will restore automatically in the background(Media in the background, chats before it enters WhatsApp).

Nick 59 likes this.
  4. O1519466290468 Cupcake Feb 24, 2018

5. O1519466290468 Cupcake Feb 24, 2018

O1519466290468, Feb 24, 2018 :
    Thank you for the explanation, but WhatsApp doesn't have a Google drive access on iPhone devices

K1511501034206 likes this.
  6. idkwhoiam322 Nougat Feb 24, 2018

Rick Manders likes this.
  7. Rick Manders KitKat Community Expert Feb 24, 2018

O1519466290468 and idkwhoiam322 like this.
  8. sanket105 Cupcake Feb 24, 2018

sanket105, Feb 24, 2018 :
    not sure about ios file system.
    but if you can, copy whatsapp folder from iphone to your op5t, install whatsapp and during set up it will check for backup.

i used to do it in past for android to android.

O1519466290468 likes this.
  9. idkwhoiam322 Nougat Feb 24, 2018

O1519466290468 likes this.
  10. O1519466290468 Cupcake Feb 24, 2018

idkwhoiam322 and Rick Manders like this.
  11. phillipbaker Cupcake Mar 11, 2018

phillipbaker, Mar 11, 2018 :
    Does anyone have any ideas, on how to transfer/ migrate whatsapp media from iOS to Andriod. Google Drive isn't an option and i cannot see to find any other way to transfer this across. Can anyone recommend a program or method that's free or paid that may do this.

12. julien.brown04 Donut Sep 13, 2018

julien.brown04, Sep 13, 2018 :
    Did this thing work for you? I also switched from iPhone to OnePlus 6 and would like to copy my chats to my new OnePlus.

Update: None of the method posted in that "ifonetips" website worked for me. But after spending few more hours on google, found this: https://www.easyphonerecovery.com/transfer-whatsapp-chat-history-messages-iphone-to-android.html It helped me transfer all the WhatsApp chats and media from iPhone to my new OnePlus 6. It couldn't transfer some videos and few images look blurry on my OP6. Other than that everything worked as expected. Whole process took some time and here are the steps:

1. Launch the app on your computer and connect your iphone to your computer. iTunes should be installed on your computer. You'll also need to disable 'find my iPhone' and iCloud backup on your iPhone.

2. Software will take some time to recognize your device. When you see your WhatsApp chats on the software interface click 'backup messages' button to transfer all the messages from your iPhone to your computer.

3. Now, insert the SIM on your OnePlus device, download the WhatsApp and verify your phone number.

4. Enable USB debugging mode on your OnePlus and connect your computer via USB cable. Software might ask you to downgrade your WhatsApp messenger app on your device.

5. Now, click on the database that you've made in step 3 and select 'transfer messages from database to phone' option.

I tried this on my OP6 running Android Pie beta but it should work with other device too. Hope it helps!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018

13. N1546416332369 Cupcake Jan 2, 2019

N1546416332369, Jan 2, 2019 :
    iCloud or Google drive can not work with this. But this dr.fone - Restore Social App can help to transfer WhatsApp conversation from iPhone to OnePlus 5T directly.

14. G1545806960070 Cupcake Feb 27, 2019

G1545806960070, Feb 27, 2019 :
    How to transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android?
    1.Transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android via Email chat
    Step1.Find and go to WhatsApp on your iPhone, then click "Settings > Chats Setting > Chat History > Email Chat".

Step2. Choose the WhatsApp messages that you want to move to Android, then decide send with or without media files in the email message as you like.

Step 3. Type an email address and press "Send" button to begin the process. Then, you can login to your WhatsApp account on Android device, find the email that you just sent.

2.Transfer WhatsApp messages from iPhone to Android via Backup
    Step 1. Run WhatsApp on iPhone and click "Settings > Chats > Chat Backup". Click "Back Up Now" button to create a backup file of your iPhone WhatsApp messages.

Step 2. Uninstall WhatsApp application on iPhone and install it on Android device, then sign in with your own WhatsApp account.

Step 3. Here, you'll be required to verify WhatsApp account on the new device, and a pop-up window will appear and inform you "Message Backup Found". You can directly choose "Restore" button, then all chat history will be synced to the new Android device soon.

15. fsrishi Cupcake May 10, 2019

fsrishi, May 10, 2019 :
    iSkysoft Toolbox - Restore Social App
    https://toolbox.iskysoft.com/topic/whatsapp-transfer.html
    Backup & Transfer WhatsApp, Kik, LINE, Viber, Wechat

[​IMG]

Key Features of iSkysoft Phone Transfer:

The program can be used to back up all the data on your device including Music, photos, videos, apps and their data, messages, call logs, contacts, SMSs and other data.
    It can also be used to restore the backup you have created. You can also restore data from an iCloud backup file or an iTunes backup file.
    It is compatible with all Android devices and Android OS.
    Because it is a phone transfer tool, the program can also be used to transfer all types of data from one device to another.
    You can use to selectively backup data on your device. This unique feature means that you can choose to back up one of the videos on your device instead of backing up all of them.
    You can also restore data in a similar selective fashion because the program allows you to view the file in both the iCloud and iTunes Backup files.
    You can also use the program to completely erase all the device on your data. This is an ideal feature if you want to sell or recycle your device.
    Step-by-Step Guide to Backup Data on Android Device

Step 1. First, download and install iSkysoft Toolbox to your PC. Once installation is complete, launch the program on your computer. Connect the device to the PC using USB cables and then click "Backup&Restore" to open the backup window.

Step 2. In the resultant window, you should see all the data on your device displayed in the middle panel. Select the files you want included in the backup and then click "Backup".

0nce the process is done, all the selected data will be available on your PC ready to be restored whenever you need to.

You can use iSkysoft Toolbox - Backup&Restore (Android) to restore the backup you just created. The process is just as quick and easy.

Pros:

You can use it to backup and restore all types of data.
    It is 100% safe to use. The data on your device will not be altered or damaged in any way.
    You can selectively backup and restore data.
    It is very fast. Regardless of how much data you have on your device, the whole backup process will take no more than just a few minutes.

16. Z1558347073142 Cupcake Jun 27, 2019

Z1558347073142, Jun 27, 2019 :
    Using email is the most troublesome way, and WazzapMigrator is relatively simple. Anyway, thank you for taking the time to introduce the detailed steps.