How to Turn off standby LED light?

1. TheAshishArora
    Cupcake Jan 27, 2020

TheAshishArora , Jan 27, 2020 :
    I've been searching a lot but couldn't find it's fix if it exists. This standby LED light is really bright and annoying while sleeping at night. Please confirm if there's a fix, and if not, then please create one :(

Regards
    Ashish Arora

2. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Jan 28, 2020

Venky61 , Jan 28, 2020 :
    Hi,
    Right now the only option is to Turn off the Power from Source. I am not sure if the team will implement the feature to turn it off but will surely pass the feedback to the team.

Bouncer71 likes this.
  3. ginzon
    Froyo Jan 29, 2020

ginzon , Jan 29, 2020 :
    +1 to this suggestion.. As if you are installing a huge game example Real Racing 3 (Downloading all assets) this took at least 30 mins for me... The screen was on for no reason.. So I guess, turning off the screen temporarily without suspending on going operations would be good..

Venky61 likes this.
  4. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Jan 29, 2020

Venky61 , Jan 29, 2020 :
    OP's request was different. He is talking about the IR (red Light) LED that is ON. In Q1 variant apparently it's located in a very noticeable position.
    And about turning off screen with music ON, this feedback was provided to the team and they said that it won't be possible.
    PS: I think you can install game or app by keeping the TV in sleep mode. I do huge file transfers from PC to TV in this mode only ;)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020

G_plusone and Bouncer71 like this.
  5. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Jan 29, 2020

Bouncer71 , Jan 29, 2020 :
    Hi Venky... :)
    Doing great work here in the TV department...!!! :D
    It'll probably be years till they sell the TV in Europe... :(

But one question...
    Has the TV an screensaver that could run while music is playing...?
    If so, could there be a blank screensaver...?

Venky61 likes this.
  6. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Jan 29, 2020

Venky61 , Jan 29, 2020 :
    Hi mate :)
    Thank you... It's because of the inspiration from users like you :D

Yes. One can start a screensaver manually while playing music through Apps on TV (Not Casting). And yes Black image can be used as Screensaver.
    But it won't serve much purpose as the power consumption won't change. And in pitch dark scenario, the edge lighting wouldn't make the screen pitch black too.

Why do you think it will take years for TV in Europe?

Bouncer71 likes this.
  7. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Jan 29, 2020

Bouncer71 , Jan 29, 2020 :
    Ohh.. Thanks my friend...!! :D

Now I'm blushing....

Maybe it's not just to save power but not be distracted by the screen... ;)

The competition is fierce around here...
    Last week I saw an Xiaomi Android 9 IPS-LED TV , 55 inch, UHD, Triple Tuner, CI+slot, Wlan, etc... for 400€...

Venky61 likes this.
  8. ginzon
    Froyo Jan 30, 2020

ginzon , Jan 30, 2020 :
    The IR red light, never noticed... :)

Ok, let me try... Will keep to download from playstore and put the tv on sleep mode.. Thanks..

Venky61 likes this.
  9. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Jan 30, 2020

Venky61 , Jan 30, 2020 :
    Most welcome :)

Then there is Bluetooth Stereo Mode that can be used to easily use TV as Bluetooth Speaker and in that mode, you can turn the screen to black with just bare min track info at the bottom, with just a down button. This feature I guess would best suit your need IMO.

The competition is tough here too. There's a 4K android TV releasing every alternative week in India and that too for half the price.

10. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Jan 30, 2020

Bouncer71 , Jan 30, 2020 :
    Sounds like a solution... :)

But then again I could just stream to the home Cinema system or use it's build in Spotify or internet radio functions...
    I was actually just asking out of curiosity... ;)

So you think OnePlus TV will get cheaper if they release the next irritation...?

Venky61 likes this.
  11. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Jan 31, 2020

Venky61 , Jan 31, 2020 :
    Hey... I just tried this and I can confirm that it's working. Kept three large games for download and then TV to Sleep, let it brew :)

12. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Feb 1, 2020

Venky61 , Feb 1, 2020 :
    Ha ha.. I got that... Just wanted to make you aware of the options available ;)
    I doubt they will reduce the price. They might include more features though.

Bouncer71 likes this.