[Submitted] How to uninstall Zen Mode

1. D1554475993034
    Cupcake Oct 19, 2019

D1554475993034 , Oct 19, 2019 :
    The Zen mode keeps popping up and telling me that it's time to put down the phone.

How do I uninstall it? it is a really dumb app that notifies in the middle of the night when the phone hasn't been used for hours.

I actually purchased this phone with my own money and therefore I should be able to use it in any way that I want
    I don't need poorly designed app telling me that I've been on the phone too much. I'm sixty years old and can generally manage my life without a nanny phone app trying to tell me that I cannot use the phone that I bought. Because of this, this will probably be the last one plus phone I buy.

2. axxtion
    Eclair Oct 20, 2019

axxtion , Oct 20, 2019 :
    I want Zen OFF, I want to REMOVE it. It is a TRACKER. It is a STRESS CREATOR. I use my phone for business, not a toy. OnePlus is tracking everyone with this on their phone. I WANT TO UNINSTALL IT.

AlbertoK, T1572111280362 and anonimno like this.
  3. libove
    Froyo Nov 11, 2019

libove , Nov 11, 2019 :
    On my OnePlus 5T (OxygenOS 9.0.9) Zen Mode (v1.4.0.191010153717.ccdb527) it is impossible to disable, uninstall, or turn off notifications from Zen Mode.
    And, as this thread starter says, Zen Mode does not work correctly when the phone is set to not sleep when plugged in. It pops up notifications when I haven't used the phone in some time.
    And in any case IT'S NOT ONEPLUS' F****** PLACE TO TELL US WHEN/WHETHER/HOW TO USE *OUR* DEVICES.
    Zen Mode must be disableable, preferably completely uninstallable.

AlbertoK and T1572111280362 like this.
  4. AlbertoK
    Froyo Jan 22, 2020

Last edited: Jan 22, 2020

5. Rocdsand
    Gingerbread Sep 11, 2020

Rocdsand , via OnePlus 5 , Sep 11, 2020 :
    Zen mode, game space and a few more forced apps. OnePlus should be ashamed of themselves. They keep sneaking these little bits of bug brother in updates. One of the reasons I bought this device for the minimalistic overlay of pure Android. No app should be preloaded on any device that can't be easily uninstalled. We should be able to choose what apps we use, which ones we don't. Just because someone asks for or thinks it's a good idea, not everyone going to like it. To me Zen mode is useless, I am an adult. If I needed something like that I would check the app store an find the one that most fits my needs. Don't play games or watch movies on my device, why am I forced to have these apps using data and storage? Who gave OnePlus that right? I know it's not just OnePlus, most companies are looking to increase revenue. Sad that I will be looking hard at other options for my new device.