HOW TO UPLOAD PHOTOS

1. strafer KitKat Dec 27, 2016

strafer, Dec 27, 2016 :
    DO NOT UPLOAD YOUR PHOTOS HERE!
    This thread is for showing you the best way to upload photos in OnePlus forums.
    Questions and hints are welcome but no photos.
    If you want to show your photos, please follow => the link <=.

I see many people who try to upload their photos, because they just want to show them or have a problem with the camera or several other reasons. Many do it with OnePlus app, but the results do not satisfy.

The OnePlus App cannot upload your photos but small previews only!
    This app cannot upload full size photos. They are reduced to small pictures which fits to HD display and the app. It resizes your fantastic 16 megapixel photos to less than 1 megapixel, not much better than a mediocre gif-pic.
    Even if other forum members upload full size photos - OnePlus app isn't able to zoom into them!
    It does not show you the full size Photo but a resized version. Any zoom is fake.
    So please don't use this app for photos, it's crap.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Uploading a full size photo isn't as simple as upload a preview photo with OnePlus app but it's the only way to get a good result.

OnePlus forum has a file size limit of 2 megabyte for photos but there is no pixel size limit. The photos we do with our phones are two or three times bigger. So you have to do something to get the photo files smaller.
    One way is to reduce the number of pixels but then you get a smaller photo. (No small photos please!) The other way is to reduce the amount of information inside a photo.

1.1 Resize the photo on Android phone
    Update July 2018: For 1,5 years I recommended you JPG Image Size Reducer. The results of this app are good, but a new star is born!

This app is blowing away your mind, the results are fantasic! And there are many options inside to edit your photos. You cannot find this app, made by forum member @hennes, in any app store but exclusively here at OnePlus forums! You don't have to pay anything for it but a little bit of your time to solve one of his riddles (he loves riddles) to get the download link.

1.2 Resize the photo on a Windows PC
    (by @pbergonzi )
    Let's include another way for those who have PC--use freeware irfanview. When one goes to SAVE an image, one has JPEG options--one of those is to SET FILE SIZE to 2048. This will save the image less than 2 mb and it can be uploaded.

2. Upload
    You can use any browser to upload your compressed photo file.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018

2. Ceasedd Marshmallow Dec 27, 2016

Ceasedd, Dec 27, 2016 :
    Or you can simply take a screenshot of pic and post it.

3. strafer KitKat Dec 27, 2016

strafer, Dec 27, 2016 :
    Yes. You can take a screenshot.
    When you upload it with the OnePlus app it will be reduced to stamp size like the screenshot posted here by @Rituraj Mishra

There are many ways to get a result but the quality is very different - and using OnePlus app is one of the worst ways.

4. Chrisvdw00 Cupcake Dec 27, 2016

5. Ceasedd Marshmallow Dec 28, 2016

Ceasedd, Dec 28, 2016 :
    Looks full size to me. Screenshot_20161227-160737.jpg

6. paulissimo Jelly Bean Dec 29, 2016

7. paulissimo Jelly Bean Dec 29, 2016

paulissimo, Dec 29, 2016 :
    Used the app on this post and I dont see any other icons besides the one on the lower left corner

1482970455736.jpg

1482970325206.jpg
    Can't even edit..

lordofvictory, TibiTibi and strafer like this.
  8. Ceasedd Marshmallow Dec 29, 2016

Ceasedd, Dec 29, 2016 :
    1482972269532.jpg

Lancelot_69 likes this.
  9. Ceasedd Marshmallow Dec 29, 2016

Baymax, otto2, strafer and 1 other person like this.
  10. paulissimo Jelly Bean Dec 29, 2016

Yeah it's crap, I also use a browser. Just installed / uninstalled the app, to see if i missed something :p

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016

otto2, strafer and Ceasedd like this.
  11. Ceasedd Marshmallow Dec 29, 2016

Ceasedd, Dec 29, 2016 :
    That last image was posted thru the app.It's a hit or miss with it.

otto2 likes this.
  12. strafer KitKat Dec 29, 2016

strafer, Dec 29, 2016 :
    Thanks! So I don't have to do it. :)

otto2 and paulissimo like this.
  13. paulissimo Jelly Bean Dec 29, 2016

It was just a quick testing :p. I don't see them fixing those issues any time soon :rolleyes:

otto2 likes this.
  14. pa5t1s Marshmallow Dec 29, 2016

Ceasedd, viraaj11 and strafer like this.
  15. TibiTibi Lollipop Jan 7, 2017

TibiTibi, Jan 7, 2017 :
    Most photos I shoot with FV5 camera app.
    Corrections and cropping I do with Snapseed and final resize with Photo resizer HD.

16. SirBacke Honeycomb Jan 9, 2017

SirBacke, Jan 9, 2017 :
    just tested. Quite nice, and really solves me the problem of reducing the filesize easily on the phone for mailing, posting or whatever.

17. G_dharmil_meisheri_Fgaa Donut Jan 9, 2017

18. TibiTibi Lollipop Jan 9, 2017

19. OmarFPG Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 2, 2017

OmarFPG, Mar 2, 2017 :
    I've downloaded my photos from my Google Photos back up (where I edited them for the B&W contest too), now I need to resize those over 2mb. I was about to try IrfanView, but at first I was getting the following error upon trying to even just open the files:

---------------------------
    IrfanView
    C:\Users\user\Desktop\OPX ?\B&W\IMG_20160506_090413.jpg : Can't read file header !

Unknown file format, empty/damaged file or file not found !
    Aceptar

I workaround this by moving the photos to another folder, now when I went to save I'm getting the following error:

IrfanView (stub)
    Can't load PlugIn: "RIOT.DLL" !
    Please install or update PlugIns from IrfanView homepage!
    Aceptar

I tried downloading the riot both as a standalone and as a plugin, even the DLLs directly, and placing them on the plugin folder for IrfanView, but no luck yet. Has anyone else had this issue?

Ceasedd and strafer like this.
  20. OmarFPG Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 2, 2017

OmarFPG, Mar 2, 2017 :
    OTOH: this worked out perfectly. And the app is really light, I was able to do this on a Blu Life Pure Mini. There's an option so you can even work with multiple files, but that didn't work well for me, I tried twice and the file sizes weren't right at all. Still, great app.

otto2 and strafer like this.