HOW TO UPLOAD PHOTOS

1. strafer
    Lollipop Mar 2, 2017

strafer , Mar 2, 2017 :
    I don't use Irfan View, I use Adobe Lightroom to manage my photos. But perhaps @pbergonzi knows how to deal with this problem.

pbergonzi and OmarFPG like this.
  2. pbergonzi
    KitKat Mar 2, 2017

pbergonzi , Mar 2, 2017 :
    Thanks @strafer.
    For starters, @OmarFPG, you are using a file path with invalid characters, i.e.--"?&." Try this--in your "downloads" folder, make a new folder called called "camera_temp" When you download from google photos, save your photos here in camera_temp. Make certain that they have ".jpg" extension before trying to open with irfanview.
    When you go to make different size, tell irfanview File->Save as->then a JPEG/GIF save options panel will open up->put quality 100%, put check for "save original exif data" and "save original iptc data" (and any other data that is already checked or that you want to check), put check in "Set file size" and enter 2048 for 2mb. If you still have Riot error after this, download the correct plugins (win32 if you're running win32 irfanview, or win64 for 64-bit) and put them into the irfanview/plugins folder. They must be unzipped if they download in a zip file, or you can use the plugin installer. If you want to run batch files instead of individually, irfanview has instructions on how to set the naming convention and the proper parameters for the save/resize (or in this case "set file size"). Let me know how it goes.

3. OmarFPG
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 2, 2017

OmarFPG , Mar 2, 2017 :
    Ty, nice catch about the odd icon in the path. Moving them away from that folder worked, now I see it's because the folder is named "OPX ♥" and IrfanView doesn't like this, lol.

For the RIOT.dll issue, I tried downloading the RIOT as a stand alone, as a plugin, and as zipped .dlls, tried everything, nothing worked. :/ Thanks for trying to help though! :)

4. pbergonzi
    KitKat Mar 2, 2017

5. OmarFPG
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 3, 2017

OmarFPG , Mar 3, 2017 :
    I'll try this, I only tried the 64-bit version. I'll try it later on tonight and come back with results. Tyvm for all your help mate!

pbergonzi likes this.
  6. David Y.
    OxygenOS Staff Member Apr 21, 2017

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017

strafer, paulissimo, TibiTibi and 2 others like this.
  7. strafer
    Lollipop Apr 23, 2017

8. strafer
    Lollipop Apr 23, 2017

strafer , Apr 23, 2017 :
    Hi David,
    thank you for information.

It's much, much better than before!
    But it is a relative answer - it's much better now, but not good enough, sorry.
    I think you are still not on the right way because the program reduces the pixel size, not information depth.
    I don't think you want a very small file size, much smaller than the 2MB which are allowed, because of your server capacity but to reduce forum users mobile data usage. But that's no reason to reduce pixel size.

Last week I was on vacation in the Netherlands (and got ill from first day on, not funny).
    This photo I took at a beach bar, the original file is 3,764,918 bytes, the file I uploaded is 373,948 bytes big. Just 1/10 of original file - but no pixel loss!

IMG_20170419_163054_001.jpeg

Now a detail from original file and compressed file (saved with JPG quality 100%).
    Do you see any differences? Which cut is from compressed photo? You can still see every detail, image quality is nearly the same. That's the reason why I want to push you to compress file size, not pixel size.

IMG_20170419_163054x.jpg
    IMG_20170419_163054_001x.jpg
    I used a private app made by @hennes for image compression, you can't find it at google play store. It uses similar compression methods like JPG Image Size Reducer. Maybe you ask him for some hints?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017

9. otto2
    Photography Expert Apr 23, 2017

otto2 , Apr 23, 2017 :
    Picture quality of your provided sample is not on par with the quality of the OP3 / 3T ,OP2, OPX,OPO

In my personal opinion it would be bad marketing to allow an official community app such a reducing in quality.
    i m using same app for compression as @strafer and this solution seems to bring good results. Please ask the coder himself about more details.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017

TibiTibi, hennes and strafer like this.
  10. otto2
    Photography Expert Apr 23, 2017

otto2 , Apr 23, 2017 :
    Great shot. Gutes Bild. Wuff. :)

TibiTibi, hennes and strafer like this.
  11. strafer
    Lollipop Apr 23, 2017

strafer , Apr 23, 2017 :
    Thanks for not asking for the number of drinks needed to find the right angle! :)
    (My family did.)

12. David Y.
    OxygenOS Staff Member Apr 24, 2017

David Y. , Apr 24, 2017 :
    Thanks @strafer , that's something! will pass to our developer.

TibiTibi, hennes, pgn0 and 3 others like this.
  13. hennes
    YaImCo Developer Apr 24, 2017

hennes , Apr 24, 2017 :
    @david.yang

On my opinion, if you don't want to compress images on our own as part of the forum app, and even if you consider about it, it is nevertheless incredibly important to integrate some intents to reach URIs from Apps who wants to share pictures.

I think, the process is as follows:
    You make a nice picture and think, wow, I share the picture with a few people in the forum, so you send the photo either from the gallery to a compression app and after compression you send the pic to the forums app, or even directly into the forums app, if the forums app masters the compression.
    There are only URIs that you have to pass through, and if you are already an official forum app, you also know the upload parameters of the Flash tool of the website to forward the URI.

All you need to do, add the two intent filters SEND and SEND_MULTIPLE to the app (Manifest), check the intents an put the incoming URIs into an array, if you want to make it quite nice, you take a listview and display a thumbnail of the image with the file name. By clicking on a button the image(s) will be uploaded.

The compression of images is not trivial, there is much to consider, starts with a good compression, and thereby not to drain the battery, and nevertheless is fast enough, and it doesn't ends with that, that the app can handle large pictures, so to not fall into the memory trap (OOM). Large images means, file sizes larger than 20 MB.

These are just my 2cents

TibiTibi, otto2, script and 1 other person like this.
  14. garybrimson
    Eclair Jul 1, 2017

garybrimson , Jul 1, 2017 :
    I tried but couldn't upload it

strafer likes this.
  15. ROLLER82
    Eclair Jul 1, 2017

strafer likes this.
  16. strafer
    Lollipop Jul 1, 2017

strafer , Jul 1, 2017 :
    Use the app, it's the best way.

17. garybrimson
    Eclair Jul 1, 2017

18. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Jul 1, 2017

Ceasedd , Jul 1, 2017 :
    Screenshot_20170701-084453.png works for me?

19. garybrimson
    Eclair Jul 1, 2017

Ceasedd likes this.
  20. garybrimson
    Eclair Jul 1, 2017