How to use Amazon Echo family (Alexa) to control OnePlus TV?

1. DeepakTS
    Donut Aug 13, 2020

DeepakTS , Aug 13, 2020 :
    Same in my case

2. Linus_Ramok
    Cupcake Sep 25, 2020

Linus_Ramok , Sep 25, 2020 :
    It's been a very long time when will it be resolved??

3. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Sep 25, 2020

Linus_Ramok likes this.
  4. Linus_Ramok
    Cupcake Sep 26, 2020

Venky61 likes this.
  5. G_Rajendra_Jhurawat_uckr
    Cupcake Sep 27, 2020

G_Rajendra_Jhurawat_uckr , Sep 27, 2020 :
    Hey
    OnePlus tv Q1 not properly working with Amazon Eco dot. It’s not taking specific command like play some specific song on YouTube by giving voice command from Alexa. The specific search in app is only working for prime video on OnePlus tv. For other apps like YouTube, Hotstar etc it’s not working. Kindly look into this.

6. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Sep 27, 2020

Venky61 , Sep 27, 2020 :
    Hi,
    Alexa's functionality is limited. What you are trying to achieve is out of Alexa's syllabus. You may have to wait till the abilities are added.

7. saransh186
    Cupcake Sep 27, 2020

saransh186 , Sep 27, 2020 :
    You won't be able to connect with alexa and oneplus until you install oneplus work with alexa app from your tv's play store. Omce you install it will connect with your alexa.

But before that you need to go to skills and games on your alexa app on mobile and link with same oneplus account as on tv.

8. G_Rajendra_Jhurawat_uckr
    Cupcake Sep 27, 2020

G_Rajendra_Jhurawat_uckr , Sep 27, 2020 :
    It’s not the limitation of Alexa functionality as per my knowledge. I am facing this issue with OnePlus Q1 tv otherwise on other brands smart tv Alexa working perfectly.

9. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Sep 27, 2020

Venky61 , via OnePlus 8 Pro , Sep 27, 2020 :
    Simple question...Are the other smart TV's running on android TV OS?

11. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Sep 28, 2020

Stickied Post

12. G_Rajendra_Jhurawat_uckr
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2020

G_Rajendra_Jhurawat_uckr , Sep 30, 2020 :
    Yes, They are running on android TV OS. In those TV echo dot (Alexa) working much more better the your oneplus tv. Kindly look into this and try to resolve this in your next update for Q1 series OnePlus tv.

13. G_Rajendra_Jhurawat_uckr
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2020

G_Rajendra_Jhurawat_uckr , Sep 30, 2020 :
    It’s not because of alexa functionality limitations as working with other android tv (l.e. Sony , Mi tv etc). So it’s limitations of OnePlus android tv functionality limit. As you are new in this market, so accept it and come up with update to resolve this issue. As I already made mind to return this tv because of this thing.
    And one more thing that, Your service is very poor as your so called technical person to solve this issue don’t have any Knowledge about your tv when he visited after complain raised by me. And also on call, your customer care employees don’t have good knowledge about your TV. While talking to them it’s look like they are confused and not able solve techno issues regarding your TV. So you can provide them good training so they can give good service as other TV companies provides.

14. E1603270536361
    Cupcake Oct 21, 2020

E1603270536361 , Oct 21, 2020 :
    hey hi am new to one plus family but am facing one issue with my oneplus tv y 43 inches its regarding google assistant and mic whether in search bar or on remote or any where when i press for mic command it shows allow and after allowing it goes away like it doesnt wait the way google assistant wait in mobiles to listen commands it comes and goes away win a sec and dont get commands need help in this and other thing is when i get into network and settings dont know it doesnt show up any bluetoot devices its keeps on searching this two issue is bit frustating can you peopl help me please