[How To] Using Microsoft Exchange with Oxygen OS (including Calendar and Contacts).

1. aheuser
    Froyo Apr 4, 2015

aheuser , Apr 4, 2015 :
    If you have a profession, then there is a good chance that you need Microsoft Exchange services (as dirty as it might feel, some of us need it for work), and if this is the case, you were probably upset to find no exchange services in Oxygen OS. The good news is that Exchange now works through GMail, only it is not set up on any non-Nexus device. To get it working, all you need to do is go here: http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...ge-services-6-5-1729047-android-apk-download/

Steps:

1. Download the apk and install it as you usually would (adb or file browser)
    2. Open GMail and add an account.
    3. You should now have the option to add an Exchange account. Follow the steps as you did on CM11S, and you should be set.

I can confirm that this works on my OPO, that I now have my work calendar syncing with Google's, my mail is there, and my contacts sync.

_x_MaD_x_, tycman, miledrive and 25 others like this.
  2. BEDECO
    Donut Apr 5, 2015

BEDECO , Apr 5, 2015 :
    This is one of these very usefull posts, thanks!!

aheuser likes this.
  3. gertjanvc
    Cupcake Apr 6, 2015

gertjanvc , Apr 6, 2015 :
    You don't even need the exchange services app. You can just input the exchange info as an imap account.

However, adding an exchange account only works for the gmail app for me. I can't seem to make it work for my calendar...

4. dgdfgsdfgsg
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 6, 2015

dgdfgsdfgsg , Apr 6, 2015 :
    Yes, in Lollipop GMail app supports Exchange. I need for work also and I use the Outlook app. I know it is not the same, but I rather go this way to keep business and family separated but synced at the same time.

o.marinov and armmani2001 like this.
  5. aheuser
    Froyo Apr 6, 2015

aheuser , Apr 6, 2015 :
    That is precisely why I made this post, using IMAP does not actually give the functionality of an exchange account would. Following the method outlined in the OP, you obtain full exchange functionality, which includes the calendar and contacts.

6. aheuser
    Froyo Apr 6, 2015

aheuser , Apr 6, 2015 :
    I considered doing that, but I do not want to have to use two calendars. I like to see my entire agenda in one place, and this gives me that ability without a third party app. You can always tell it to sync the calendar, but not the email.

veryannoyingname and dgdfgsdfgsg like this.
  7. Deactivated User
    Apr 9, 2015

aheuser likes this.
  8. Orange72
    Gingerbread Apr 9, 2015

aheuser likes this.
  9. treaty
    Donut Apr 9, 2015

treaty , Apr 9, 2015 :
    Wanted to say thank you for this. Easy fix and it works. I was also unable to get the native Outlook app to work until I installed this apk. Once installed, you can also use the native Outlook app against Exchange.

aheuser likes this.
  10. Deactivated User
    Apr 9, 2015

11. addisuw
    Donut Apr 9, 2015

addisuw , Apr 9, 2015 :
    I installed Mailwise from play store and everything is good now; If you want you can even make it not to be your device administrator so it won't force you to set password or PIN

veryannoyingname and aheuser like this.
  12. mwebsterpgh
    KitKat Apr 9, 2015

aheuser likes this.
  13. bumptheposts2
    Gingerbread Apr 9, 2015

bumptheposts2 , Apr 9, 2015 :
    I extracted the email and exchange apk's from the CM12 image. They work great. I could not get gmail working nicely with exchange accounts. They would not sync and were very unstable.

14. aheuser
    Froyo Apr 9, 2015

aheuser , Apr 9, 2015 :
    I have been using it for a few days now with no issue, if you are having sync issues, maybe try a re-install.

15. sridiculous
    Gingerbread Apr 9, 2015

veryannoyingname likes this.
  16. dermotnorton
    Donut Apr 10, 2015

17. Rajeev Saraiya
    Froyo Apr 10, 2015

Rajeev Saraiya , Apr 10, 2015 :
    Try to use Nine for Exchange from Play Store. Really good app in case you are facing importing your corporate ssl certificate.

anant479 and frisat like this.
  18. rusyJoy
    Cupcake Apr 10, 2015

aheuser likes this.
  19. stevenmc1060
    Donut Apr 10, 2015

stevenmc1060 , Apr 10, 2015 :
    While the IMAP solution works its not ideal. Exchange ActiveSync does a better job of enforcing security (important for some IT groups) and is a way more flexible protocol all around. This was short sighted in my mind on OnePlus. Oxygen OS should have the native "Corporate" or "Exchange Service" profile to enable this. Regardless...if you just install Outlook you'll be able to get your email, calendar and contacts. One drawback? Its does not sync with the native address book and calendar apps.

20. joesweeney413
    Jelly Bean Apr 10, 2015