[How To] Using Microsoft Exchange with Oxygen OS (including Calendar and Contacts).

1. meor
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 10, 2015

aheuser likes this.
  2. cedalone
    Jelly Bean Apr 10, 2015

cedalone , Apr 10, 2015 :

did the same last week after facing this Oxygen first important pb for me.
    After trying outlook app, i've installed this package and gmail can do the exchange job now, without the drain of the outlook app. I think this is the best solution for exchange and OnePlus should add this in native for the next update of Oxygen

aheuser likes this.
  3. OALEXANDER
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Apr 10, 2015

4. joesweeney413
    Jelly Bean Apr 10, 2015

joesweeney413 , Apr 10, 2015 :
    fair enough

5. aheuser
    Froyo Apr 10, 2015

aheuser , Apr 10, 2015 :
    You do realize that the method I outlined is not IMAP, and works directly with Exchange, importing the calendar and contacts?

6. Phonestep
    Gingerbread Apr 10, 2015

aheuser likes this.
  7. stevenmc1060
    Donut Apr 10, 2015

stevenmc1060 , Apr 10, 2015 :
    If it doesn't use IMAP what does it use? Its not clear that it would be EAS.

8. aheuser
    Froyo Apr 10, 2015

aheuser , Apr 10, 2015 :
    As much as I might understand about Unix and Linux, I am pretty ignorant when it comes to Windows or anything Microsoft, but I am pretty sure this uses EAS. I can connect to my work account, which uses Office 365, get all email (including attachments on emails sent from my desktop), sync my calendar, and sync contacts. I do understand IMAP and POP protocols (I guess it should be IMA and PO protocols to be technically correct?), and know that this is not using either to connect, so unless Office 365 uses something other than EAS, Gmail is using EAS.

9. stevenmc1060
    Donut Apr 11, 2015

stevenmc1060 , Apr 11, 2015 :
    Thanks for the info. I would agree it sounds like EAS. I'll give it a shot. I went back to nightlies since oygenOS was not what I felt it should've been. I'm guessing you are happy with it?

10. webdevgirl
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 11, 2015

webdevgirl , Apr 11, 2015 :
    I use Nine email from the Google Play store. It's designed specifically to work with Exchange, Office 365, and Outlook.com. It's also the most feature-rich email app I've found.

11. aheuser
    Froyo Apr 11, 2015

aheuser , Apr 11, 2015 :
    I am happy with Oxygen, but only because I work to much to play around with my phone. It is very stable, and the few issues that exist (real issues, not a lack of functions), can mostly be dealt with. In my opinion, the biggest issues with Oxygen were the inability to stop Google play services from draining the battery, the default kernel settings, and the lack of exchange. If you install Xposed framework with the AppOps module then you have an app that functions much like Privacy Guard, so you can stop Google Play Services from draining the battery. No Frills CPU is a good free kernel tool that allow the default kernel settings to change (or you could probably set it in one of the *.prop files). Doing the above gives me an easy 1-2 days of battery with moderate use. As a side note, Nova launcher is a much nicer home app than google now launcher.

12. stevenmc1060
    Donut Apr 11, 2015

stevenmc1060 , Apr 11, 2015 :
    Thanks for the additional info. I gotta admit that I, like you, have limited time to "play" with my phone. CM11 seemed pretty stable and had great battery life but I did upgrade to CM12 "nightlies" in January and largely had a decent experience. I probably upgraded 4-5 times during 2 month time I've been on this track. I did try Oxygen and it seemed as though I needed to spend some time figuring it out with what appeared to be a lack of functionality. I didn't like that. I will give it another shot.

One thing that I do love about the 1+1 is the camera quality. Any suggestions on a good Camera app. I'm not overly enthused with any of the camera apps that I've seen. Thanks for your reply in advance.

13. aheuser
    Froyo Apr 11, 2015

aheuser , Apr 11, 2015 :
    I am not sure on a good camera. I am using the Google camera, simply because it works okay, and I have not spent anytime looking for a better one.

14. me.plus.me
    Froyo Apr 13, 2015

me.plus.me , Apr 13, 2015 :
    I can't believe OnePlus doesn't supply native apk for this. I don't really want to install a apk from unknown sources.

15. onovich
    Cupcake Apr 13, 2015

onovich , Apr 13, 2015 :
    I just used titanium backup to remove the gmail app, restarted my phone and then installed gmail from the play store, problem solved. Exchange is working great.

veryannoyingname likes this.
  16. SeekerDK
    Cupcake Apr 13, 2015

SeekerDK , Apr 13, 2015 :
    LIFESAVER. Thanks :)

Nb. If the account option in not immediately available, just force gmail down and open again.

aheuser likes this.
  17. axmxaxr
    Honeycomb Apr 14, 2015

axmxaxr , Apr 14, 2015 :
    Thanks for sharing. Unfortunately Gmail does not allow threaded / conversation view for non-Gmail accounts which is a deal breaker for me.

Nine is the best Exchange companion on Android.

18. jferraz
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 14, 2015

aheuser likes this.
  19. jferraz
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 15, 2015

jferraz , Apr 15, 2015 :
    @aheuser can you get it to sync all the appointments (like more than 30 days)? I've noticed that my past appointments won't show (except for the last week or so...)

This is a big deal to me as I use the outlook.com calendar to work :\

Thanks!

20. Deactivated User
    Apr 15, 2015