[How To] Using Microsoft Exchange with Oxygen OS (including Calendar and Contacts).

1. miledrive
    Cupcake Oct 13, 2015

miledrive , Oct 13, 2015 :
    No methods seemed to work for removing the exchange account that I added. The account that I added would display the "sync" animation indefinitely, from within Gmail. In the Accounts Menu it was unlisted. Oxygen 2.1.0 added Exchange support, so I went ahead and restored my OP2 yesterday. I was able to add my Exchange account with no issues, and now email, calendar and contacts are all functioning normally.

2. anant479
    Cupcake Oct 16, 2015

anant479 , Oct 16, 2015 :
    Another vote for nine, I just downloaded it and am loving it.

3. wonger
    Cupcake Oct 27, 2015

wonger , Oct 27, 2015 :
    I also an stuck in trying to sync my exchange account and cannot delete it..

Edit: I disabled it and it deleted the exchange account. I then was able to re add the account and it works

Last edited: Oct 27, 2015

4. Natasjavdh
    Cupcake Oct 31, 2015

Natasjavdh , Oct 31, 2015 :
    When I did these steps I could still not manage to add my exchange e-mail account from university. I filled in everything that was needed but got stuck with "Can't connect to the server".

My wifi works good so that won't be the issue.

Can anyone help me please?

5. jstepa
    KitKat Oct 31, 2015

jstepa , Oct 31, 2015 :
    Ask for staff's help, they will suggest to you to flash Oxygen OS as they do to every other question ;)

6. Colmenareno
    Cupcake Nov 4, 2015

Colmenareno , Nov 4, 2015 :
    I thought I had this issue (the reason I am on this thread) but it turned out I could fix it by typing over the default 'server' which the 'add account' was suggesting. It suggested 'server' = <company>.com, as per my email address. But then I remembered that my company email is hosted on Office 365 so I changed 'server' to 'outlook.office365.com' and now everything seems to sync fine. I now have my company emails via the gmail app, contacts and calendar via the standard apps which came with the phone (also Google, I believe).

7. rupeshsharma17
    Cupcake Nov 9, 2015

rupeshsharma17 , Nov 9, 2015 :
    I have created my work mail account under Gmail. Have put in all the server details and same have been validated also but since last 2 days, it just shows getting your messages but not syncing. Have downloaded and installed apk also. Can anyone help.

8. Prashanth43
    Eclair Nov 9, 2015

9. giors
    Gingerbread Nov 13, 2015

giors , Nov 13, 2015 :
    Could you post the apk?

10. bumptheposts2
    Gingerbread Nov 16, 2015

bumptheposts2 , Nov 16, 2015 :
    I don't have them anymore. I deleted everything regarding to OxygenOS. It is not more then an alpha version and not officially supported. Just install COS 12.1 and everything will work great out of the box.

11. paparoup
    Cupcake Nov 18, 2015

paparoup , Nov 18, 2015 :
    Hello Everyone,

I just received my OPX and i'm really excited. One question though, if anyone came across to the same problem. I just configured Exchange account for my job email but i see that contacts that are only synced from the account and not registered, are not showing by Name but as unknown calling numbers.I looked everywhere but can't seem to find the solution

Thanks in advance

12. faldor
    Cupcake Nov 24, 2015

faldor , Nov 24, 2015 :
    Same here. I managed to sync my contacts through Lync which in turn syncs with the AD. When i look at my contact-list in the phone my company contacts are shown but if i search for a contact in the list, the result turns up empty. This must be a tagging/meta data problem with the contact/phone-app... very anoying!
    I'll try to use some exchange-app and see what happends.

13. paparoup
    Cupcake Nov 24, 2015

paparoup , Nov 24, 2015 :
    If you find any working app plz post back, it would be really helpful

Thanks

14. adot111
    Cupcake Nov 24, 2015

adot111 , Nov 24, 2015 :
    Does this app work on cm12,1 as well? Because my exchange account doesn't sync my calendar for my work. I need that.

15. ashwinrsaboo
    Cupcake Dec 13, 2015

16. cjd1990
    Cupcake Jan 19, 2016

cjd1990 , Jan 19, 2016 :
    Hi aheuser,

Thanks for your post. I have tried the steps above but with no luck. When I first got my one plus x phone, I did manage to set up an Exchange account with Hotmail email, contacts, and calendar all synced. However, my calendar was showing duplicate events so I removed the account and now it will not let me set up the exchange account again! It does give me the option to set up an exchange account but keeps denying it stating 'Can't connect to server'.

I don't understand why this will not work a second time around, am I missing something obvious? Any help would be greatly appreciated because this is starting to piss me off a little!

Cheers

17. lmmadic
    Gingerbread Jan 20, 2016

lmmadic , Jan 20, 2016 :
    I'm using mailwise atm. this does the trick and I also don't have to encrypt my phone to use exchange as requested by my company.

18. xored
    Cupcake Jan 21, 2016

xored , Jan 21, 2016 :
    Well i used CM12 on my OPO. I used boxes for the exchange part and it worked flawlessly.
    I broke the display of my OPO and ordered a OPX.

I tried Oxygen OS with my OPO in June - it was just to limited. What about today - what about exchange?

I had some issues with CM12 like bad radio, bad GPS and stuff, so i am currently thinking about sticking with OXOS if possible.

I use the exchange protocol to sync my calendar/contacts and mails with my Zimbra + zXtras for the exchange interface. It offers EAS only for now - so it should work.

What do you guys suppose?

19. villano666
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2016

villano666 , Aug 2, 2016 :
    Hi, I have a OPO 3 and I can't install the .apk. It shows an error, any ideas?
    I can install de outlook program and use it with my corporate mail but I need to add an exchange account to the phone so I can see the calendar in the google calendar app. If there's another way to do it, please let me know.

Thanks

20. edwin_L
    Cupcake Dec 20, 2016