How to wipe off all the data / factory reset (broken screen and touch screen not work)

1. RaymondTKC
    Froyo Dec 22, 2014

RaymondTKC , Dec 22, 2014 :
    Hi all,
    One of my un-root OPO got broken screen and touch not work. Already have RMA authorized for repair, yes I need to spend $201 for this fix. However before I mail it out to OPO, need to wipe off all the data. Pls advise how to do this? Is it only way to using USB cable, go to fastboot mode and run "fastboot oem unlock"? Or there is other command just wipe off all data inside the phone? Thanks

2. bbrant
    Honeycomb Dec 22, 2014

bbrant , Dec 22, 2014 :
    You could try going to Google.com/android/devicemanager and see if you can remotely wipe it. Not 100% sure that will work but worth a shot. Pretty sure they will wipe it themselves anyways.

3. Wishmaster
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 22, 2014

Wishmaster , Dec 22, 2014 :
    hard reset, go into recovery there u dont need touches and reset from here or boot into bootloader and back to stock

4. abhibhan89
    KitKat Dec 22, 2014

abhibhan89 , Dec 22, 2014 :
    Use this: [GUIDE] OnePlus One - How to Unlock Bootloader, Install Custom Recovery and Root
    to unlock bootloader..

Unlocking the bootloader, wipes the device completely..

5. RaymondTKC
    Froyo Dec 22, 2014

Thanks Bros. I forgot I can boot into recovery mode by pressing vol down and power which is the simple way to wipe data. Since my phone is still in low battery mode and cannot power on, I need to charge it up at least half hr and confirm I can boot into recovery mode. Will update this later. Anyway thanks for all fast response.

6. RaymondTKC
    Froyo Dec 22, 2014

After half hr charging, I boot into the recovery mode and wipe / factory reset the broken phone. Now it is safe to mail it back to OPO for repair. Thanks Bros.

7. hrajesh74
    Cupcake Sep 8, 2015

hrajesh74 , Sep 8, 2015 :
    My OPO was crushed under a vehicle and i have lost both the screen and the back, the phone is still alive and would like to know if i can retrieve the data (my bad i did not enable Google backup and forgot to back up myself for almost 2 months - lot of data accumulated during this time).

I have a pattern lock on the phone and don't know how i can unlock that without the screen display? (i searched the internet and saw the MHL does not work in OPO and not sure how to get the display and use a USB based mouse to perform the unlock pattern)?

Any help on this would be a huge help.

8. LEOPWNSU
    Gingerbread Sep 8, 2015

aditilamkhede likes this.
  9. hasmis
    Donut Sep 8, 2015

hasmis , Sep 8, 2015 :
    I just repaired a 1+ with a new screen, and that was the most difficult thing I ever did. Much harder than the old n5. A week later the son leaves in the subway, and I can't do a remote wipe because there was no security on it. :)

10. psunnylfc1892
    Cupcake Jan 13, 2016

psunnylfc1892 , Jan 13, 2016 :
    Hi Hasmis, you recently repaired the screen. Did you do it through Oneplus RRR or from a repair shop near you? How much did it cost? Just wondering. My OPO broke her screen today :(

11. charbs06
    Eclair Mar 17, 2016

charbs06 , Mar 17, 2016 :
    Don't forget to delete any backups in twrp after a factory reset before sending it back to Oneplus.

12. aditilamkhede
    Cupcake May 10, 2016

aditilamkhede , May 10, 2016 :
    I can't thank you enough LEOPWNSU.
    Finally managed to unlock phone with OTG and now can backup data and reset.