How To Wirelessly Charge Your Oneplus One.

1. ziprom
    KitKat Jul 15, 2014

ziprom , Jul 15, 2014 :
    Geez, I overlooked that option :)

2. inaudible101
    Gingerbread Jul 15, 2014

farangutan and TheScience like this.
  3. rahulnigam
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2014

4. inaudible101
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2014

5. Boutchoo
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2014

Boutchoo , Jul 16, 2014 :
    You plug it in once and it's done. It won't move and you won't have to find it. It will save you from breaking your M-USB port over the time or your wire.

6. mikeyfrog
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 16, 2014

mikeyfrog , Jul 16, 2014 :
    but then you have a plug hanging off your phone at all times? no thanks

7. inaudible101
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2014

inaudible101 , Jul 16, 2014 :
    I'm assuming you are talking about the usb receivers? The plug isn't bad at all. It's super slim and is completely unnoticeable unless you are looking for it. The reason I soldered on internally is because I want to be able to use my USB port without having to try and unplug the adapter every time. I have to take my case off then pry the little male USB adapter out of the slot. I find it really inconvenient, but if you never need to unplug it they work great.

8. KratosPS
    KitKat Jul 16, 2014

KratosPS , Jul 16, 2014 :
    USB ports get loose over time

9. mikeyfrog
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 16, 2014

mikeyfrog , Jul 16, 2014 :
    I like your mod, nice job... would like to see a 3rd party release a battery with integrated wireless charging in it, and have that be replace, rather than testing my soldering skills on an expensive phone, lol. I dont have the steadiest of hands when it comes to soldering.

10. NandorHUN
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2014

11. inaudible101
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2014

12. inaudible101
    Gingerbread Jul 16, 2014

inaudible101 , Jul 16, 2014 :
    I completely agree. The only downside to this is you have to remove the tamper proof screw to access the battery plug, but it would be a lot less likely to screw anything up and would be a very easy mod. I really hope someone makes on, but I won't be holding my breath.

13. Boutchoo
    Gingerbread Jul 17, 2014

Boutchoo , Jul 17, 2014 :
    What are you talking about?
    Wireless charging works with a Backplate.
    Your micro-USB port is always free, you just have to place the phone on the Wireless charging plate and you are good to go.

14. Simian
    Honeycomb Jul 17, 2014

Simian , Jul 17, 2014 :
    First, because I find myself unable to not say it, the people that feel the need to run their mouths about the lack of utility of wireless charging need to STFU and move on down the road. This thread's about wireless charging. You don't like wireless charging? Great, that's your choice, but those of us that do don't really give a rat's tookus about your opinions.

I haven't been able to find any specific technical details, but looking at pictures of the back of the OPO I see a number of pins.
    [​IMG]

I'm wondering if any of those are battery contacts, and if something like this for the GS5 might be implemented: http://www.amazon.com/RAVPower®-Wireless-Charger-Charging-Receiver/dp/B00HR0TY3U/ref=sr_1_11?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1405619857&sr=1-11&keywords=Galaxy s3 Wireless charging

I'd say a whole wireless charging back cover, but honestly I think just the pad would be the best option, what with the upcoming variety of back covers.

15. mikeyfrog
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 17, 2014

mikeyfrog , Jul 17, 2014 :
    It doesnt have a passthrough, in the original post. The one user who modded it and soldered it, it does, but the original post occupies the the port, and you would be unable to use your port for charging otherwise. At least that is how it appears to me in the ebay listing that was posted.

16. Simian
    Honeycomb Jul 17, 2014

Simian , Jul 17, 2014 :
    Yup, the universal charger that the OP is using occupies the microUSB connector. There are variants that use POGO pins inside the case, but you first have to identify which are the battery pins, if they're even present. If that could happen then wireless charging without modfication or occupied microUSB connector would be feasible.

17. inaudible101
    Gingerbread Jul 17, 2014

inaudible101 , Jul 17, 2014 :
    Next time I pop open my back I'll check the pins with a multimeter, but I'm pretty sure they are for NFC and antennas.

18. Simian
    Honeycomb Jul 17, 2014

Simian , Jul 17, 2014 :
    Yeah, I was worried about that. Considering how much thought they put into the design I'm really shocked by the lack of simple things like a removable battery, SD card slot, and (probably) the easy addition of wireless charging capability.

19. inaudible101
    Gingerbread Jul 17, 2014

inaudible101 , Jul 17, 2014 :
    I completely agree. I'm very disappointed on having to settle on the micro sd and inductive charging. It's really silly considering there is room for the receiver in the back cover already. It would have cost very very little to include a copper coil. Still a great phone though. I'm coming from an S4 running CM11 and this feels so much smoother.

20. Simian
    Honeycomb Jul 17, 2014

Simian , Jul 17, 2014 :
    I gave it a lot of thought and decided it wasn't a deal breaker. I can use a simple OTG thumb drive to hold anything that won't fit, but I don't see that being a big problem. 64GB is a LOT of space for a phone, and I rarely watch locally stored video on my phone anyways. The biggest thing would be music playback, and with T-Mobiles Music Freedom thing I don't really even bother with locally stored MP3s either.

The wireless thing is a minor annoyance. I've had it before (on my GS3) and while it was cool it was also fiddly. The tech's getting there, but it's not quite ready for prime time yet. I do agree that it's not difficult to just plug the phone in, but I also know how cool it is to just set the thing down and have it charge. :D