How To Wirelessly Charge Your Oneplus One.

1. mikeyfrog
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 17, 2014

mikeyfrog , Jul 17, 2014 :
    I had the receiver on my gs3 too, it is nice, but i found i dont use it as much because i cant charge and use the phone at the same time, and the charging rate was super slow.

2. Simian
    Honeycomb Jul 17, 2014

Simian , Jul 17, 2014 :
    Yeah, and getting it to actually connect was a PITA too. Of course, that was probably due to the cheap Qi pad I had.

3. mikeyfrog
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 17, 2014

mikeyfrog , Jul 17, 2014 :
    I have a couple nokia pads and they worked through my speck case at any angle i laid the phone (didnt have to align vertically or anything). Speck case is decently thick with plastic and rubber on inside, so likely the cheap pad you have.

4. inaudible101
    Gingerbread Jul 17, 2014

inaudible101 , Jul 17, 2014 :
    I have a wireless charger at home, work, and in my car mount. I find it very inconvenient to not have it after using it on several other devices.The memory capacity isn't a deal breaker either, but I really enjoy the simplicity of storing everything on a memory card that I can easily switch between devices and take out of my phone if anything happens to the hardware or software.

5. inaudible101
    Gingerbread Jul 17, 2014

inaudible101 , Jul 17, 2014 :
    I use a nokia one at work and at home and never had any problems. A few of the cheaper ones can be a bit finicky, but once you figure out their sweet spot it usually wasn't an issue. My car one has always worked phenomenally and I've never had it disconnect if my phone shifts.

6. Simian
    Honeycomb Jul 17, 2014

Simian , Jul 17, 2014 :
    The more they've tried to make phones water resistant the less accessible the memory cards have gotten anyways. Honestly, it's time to bite the bullet and start relying on cloud storage more anyways.

7. kmdkmd
    Eclair Jul 17, 2014

8. AznNinja
    Gingerbread Jul 17, 2014

9. Simian
    Honeycomb Jul 19, 2014

10. krusade
    Jelly Bean Jul 20, 2014

krusade , Jul 20, 2014 :
    Did anyone actually tried the method? wud love to see pics or even a video

11. inaudible101
    Gingerbread Jul 21, 2014

inaudible101 , Jul 21, 2014 :
    None of the pins appear to carry current. I tested them to see if they were shorted or had any voltage when the phone was plugged in. I highly doubt these will be useful for anything related to charging the phone. I rearranged the receiving coil but once I snap the back on it seems to cause major interference. I tried bellow the nfc antenna but it didn't really help. I can get it to work with the back on, but not through a case. I'm at the point where I'll probably end up drilling a small hold in the back and running the cords through so the receiver is on the outside. I think I'll wait until you can purchase replacement backs to see how much they'll cost.

12. Simian
    Honeycomb Jul 21, 2014

Simian , Jul 21, 2014 :
    Damn. Well, so much for the idea of a stock Qi charging back. C'est la vie.

13. ajekti
    Donut Jul 25, 2014

ajekti , Jul 25, 2014 :
    It has not to do with lazy but convenience. In time the distance and speed of charging will both increase & this will be a nice technology. It also will expand to more devices besides phones, ie medical tech.

14. onurdemirci
    Eclair Jul 25, 2014

onurdemirci , Jul 25, 2014 :
    I don't have a Oneplus (didn't get an invite yet, hint hint) but I was wondering whether you can hide the usb Qi sticker behind the battery door (is there even a removable door???) or do you have to have a case?

15. inaudible101
    Gingerbread Jul 26, 2014

inaudible101 , Jul 26, 2014 :
    If you read my thread about the process I took for this mod you will find that I tried leaving it all internal, but the NFC antenna is huge and interferes with the signal for some reason. I was unable to get a consistent charge with it under the back panel.

onurdemirci likes this.
  16. onurdemirci
    Eclair Jul 26, 2014

onurdemirci , Jul 26, 2014 :
    Thanks. That's somewhat discouraging but second best would be underneath a thin case. Would the Qi sticker interfere with the NFC capability then?

17. Vegas
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2014

Almason likes this.
  18. mramirkhan
    Honeycomb Aug 21, 2014

mramirkhan , Aug 21, 2014 :
    The biggest worry is heat. I had a similar receiver in my galaxy s3 (as it too didnt support QI OTB) and it got hot. If you were to sandwich this between the back and a TPU case, it might get too hot.

Seeing as the back of the opo seems to be fragile (see the post where someone complains about the sandstone peeling) I do wonder if its a good idea.

19. jay ray
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 21, 2014

20. JosephGLittle
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 21, 2014

JosephGLittle , Aug 21, 2014 :
    Its easier and less chance of the usb breaking