How To Wirelessly Charge Your Oneplus One.

1. Jabrnet
    Gingerbread Sep 3, 2014

Jabrnet , Sep 3, 2014 :
    Anyone find a charging receiver film that charges the OPO reasonably fast? I bought the one shown and it wouldn't charge it fast enough (Keeps discharging) while my google play music stuff was syncing. And it was only at 83% after 9 hours on the charger overnight. Needs a higher output than 500mA I think. :(

Last edited: Sep 4, 2014

2. RideBike
    Jelly Bean Sep 3, 2014

RideBike , Sep 3, 2014 :
    good experiment! well done

3. bzyg7b
    Cupcake Sep 3, 2014

4. Heartliquid
    Donut Sep 3, 2014

5. maeishoj
    Cupcake Sep 17, 2014

maeishoj , Sep 17, 2014 :
    still waiting for "real" wireless charging... like non-contact wireless charging...

6. TekBoi
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2014

TekBoi , Sep 20, 2014 :
    It's not just about lazyness. A lot of people complain about how difficult it is to do soldering in the USB connector to a Qi charging plate.

Lemme tell you how difficult it is to solder a brand new microUSB port...LAME!

Using Qi charging allows you to prolong the lifespan of the MicroUSB port on the phone.

crossIT likes this.
  7. mwoolley
    Jelly Bean Sep 20, 2014

mwoolley , Sep 20, 2014 :
    nice work, personal preference i guess! as long as it charges the phone thats the main thing right :p

8. Daniel DS
    Donut Oct 16, 2014

Daniel DS , Oct 16, 2014 :
    After reading your comment I'm thinking again before buying one of those adapter, can I have other opinions?

9. trycak
    Honeycomb Oct 16, 2014

10. Senchoo
    Cupcake Oct 16, 2014

Senchoo , Oct 16, 2014 :
    Really like the idea. Hope this will be in the two later on. I for one like it not because "i'm a lazy *******" but because this eliminates the risk of busting the USB-port. The less things that go in and out the less potential there is that something breaks.

11. GeertBerkers
    Lollipop Oct 16, 2014

GeertBerkers , Oct 16, 2014 :
    I bought a set on D.X but the charging is so slow.
    Only 1% last night.

Think I make a refund!

12. rritambhar
    Jelly Bean Oct 16, 2014

rritambhar , Oct 16, 2014 :
    good job on the experiment..
    but : -10(read minus ten) out of 10 would try...
    sorry but dont really see the requirement to be so lazy. besides, u have to plug something in everytime anyway.. so there is no added advantage..

13. slc18t
    Eclair Nov 10, 2014

slc18t , Nov 10, 2014 :
    Wireless charging is not for you. We get it move on. Are high heels for you? Do you go on high heel threads and ***** how they are not for you? Maybe you should. Or maybe you should start wearing high heels. Or don't. Its not on my list of things to worry about.

I just moved to my OPO from my Nexus 5 and am seriously missing the wireless charging. I have 3 Nokia chargers. One by the bed, one at my home office and work office. The chargers in my offices are the stand type and I move around a lot at the office so picking them up and placing them back on the charger is perfect for me. Still trying to dig through all the info to decide on what route I want to take. Thanks for all the great info everyone.

roberkules likes this.
  14. Methanoid
    Gingerbread Nov 17, 2014

Methanoid , Nov 17, 2014 :
    i assume as there wasnt enough space in the device itsself for the equipment that the older method(s) of using a palm touchstone modification is also out of the question.

15. hamdhoon
    Froyo Nov 17, 2014

hamdhoon , Nov 17, 2014 :
    I am waiting for one plus two...hope i could get an invite ....so i will do fire-wire in +2...

16. ucrdave
    Gingerbread Nov 18, 2014

ucrdave , Nov 18, 2014 :
    the issue for me is dropping the phone while its charging. Ive dropped my nexus 7 and broke the charging port. I had to purchase a new port and service it myself. Im now looking for a dock that uses the pin charging. As for my OPO Im looking into wireless charging since I dont want to damage my phone charging port. All this has nothing to do with being lazy.

17. j1ntran
    Gingerbread Nov 18, 2014

j1ntran , Nov 18, 2014 :
    Does this create a lot of heat on the phone? My friend got a nexus 5 and it's pretty darn hot when he utilizes the wireless charging feature. Anybody experiencing that also?

18. ExpertTrigger
    Eclair Nov 18, 2014

19. tEf0o
    Jelly Bean Nov 18, 2014

tEf0o , Nov 18, 2014 :
    My g3 do not get hot with qi charge, it will also increase battery life as charged with half the current.
    Aka, 2amps in to qi pad yelds 1amps in to battery.

Cheap crap chargepads dont work unless mobile is turned off, they might destroy the internals cus of badly done regulation.

I have swithed to cu tabs (pictures in other thread).

20. Craeshe
    Honeycomb Nov 18, 2014

Craeshe , Nov 18, 2014 :
    That's kind of what I was thinking. Slow charging + too lazy to plug in???