How To Wirelessly Charge Your Oneplus One.

1. Methanoid
    Gingerbread Nov 21, 2014

Methanoid , Nov 21, 2014 :
    its actually ancient history for mobiles if your a previous palm user, weve been rocking that ancient tech since around 2009 already.

2. bnonymous
    Jelly Bean Nov 21, 2014

bnonymous , Nov 21, 2014 :
    post pictures of one+one

3. K.P. Smith
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 21, 2014

K.P. Smith , Nov 21, 2014 :
    I've actually done this with the OnePlus, using a top of the line QI antenna (5v 1,000mA manufactured by bluboon) and .... Yeah, it doesn't really work. When I say doesn't really work, I mean the phone recognizes the input, the status bar indicates it's charging, the LED indicator is green like it's charging, but after 6 hours on the charger mine moved exactly 0% lol. Obviously it was getting some kind of charge because after 6 hours I should at least lose some percentage.

I've got plenty of QI compatible phones so I know exactly what to expect, I wouldn't call this a solution for the OnePlus.

sien5 and oscarw like this.
  4. dwaynelson
    KitKat Nov 21, 2014

5. HyperMatrix
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2014

HyperMatrix , Nov 21, 2014 :
    Need help....super confused...

750mA/1000mA wireless qi receiver shows up at my door. I test it by plugging it into the micro usb port of my OnePlus, and holding the wireless receiver pad against my charger. Lights up and charges beautifully without issue. So I go about opening the OnePlus. While trying to figure out the best way to wire it in there, I decide to solder it on directly to the pins on the MicroUSB port (internally, of course). After soldering 2 wires on there, I test the phone to make sure nothing went wrong and plugging in USB cable to the PC immediately brings it up. So no issues. Then I solder the wires into the qi receiver pad. Before closing it up, I hold the wireless pad against my charger, and voila. It lights up. So I put the cover back on and set it on my charger, and I get nothing.

So at this point, I'm thinking maybe the NFC coil is interfering with it. I take the back cover off again and place the phone directly on the charger. Still getting nothing. As I come to lift the phone, I see the charge light flash for a second. So I do some testing. With the pad on the charger, it works fine. With the pad sticking to the inside of the back cover, placed on the charger, it works fine. But as soon as the distance between the receiver and the phone/phone battery is reduced, charging is interrupted. For example...I'll hold the pad against the charger, while the phone is held at a 40 degree angle and it will charge. As I move the phone closer to the charging pad by going to, let's say, a 70 degree angle, charging cuts off.

So...proximity to the phone or phone battery is preventing the charging pad from working....with or without the back cover on. I have no idea what could be causing this. At first I had just used the existing flat cable that came with the qi receiver to solder it in place. Thinking that maybe there was a problem with that cable, considering how thin it was, I decided to redo the wiring with proper cables. Same problem still exists. So at this point...I have no idea what to do because I have no idea what could be causing it.

Any input would be appreciated.

6. dariel086
    Froyo Nov 22, 2014

7. Radium_
    Gingerbread Nov 22, 2014

8. Radium_
    Gingerbread Nov 22, 2014

Radium_ , Nov 22, 2014 :
    There are 4 possible reasons for this.
    1. Did you solder the receiver properly? Did you use volt meter ti check it? The two pins on the right are 5V positive, so your positive end MUST be soldered there. The two on the left are negative, Your negative end MUST be soldered there. This is most likely your problem.

2. Your NFC antenna is interfering. Solution: Take off the antenna and try charging. If it works, Put the antenna somewhere else or relocate the QI receiver.

3. Your QI charger range cant reach it. This is the most common issue. Did you try using a different Wireless charger? If not, do so. This may fix your problem.

4. Your Receiver is cheaply made. Yes, I said it. I did the same thing with my HTC One. It works decently while directly placed on the charger but with the case, it didn't work at all. Sometimes the charging stops even though I don't actually move the phone.

Try these fixes and if it still doesn't work, then PM me. :) Have a good day.

9. Methanoid
    Gingerbread Nov 22, 2014

Methanoid , Nov 22, 2014 :
    hmm i thought the majority of threads regarding qi charging all stated its a bad idea to fit internally and instead to just fit the reciever pad to the inside of an opo case of your choosing, when the case is fitted you wont see the reciever anyways.

10. sigmaX
    Donut Nov 23, 2014

sigmaX , Nov 23, 2014 :
    My Oneplus one states that it will be fully charged after 6 !! hours of being powered into my enternally powered 4 amps usb 3.0 hub. I wonder then how much more time it will end up taking for it to charge on the wireless pad. Anyway, I find the wireless pad a very convenient solution, thanks for this thread: I already bought my external battery charging pad, and I am anxiously waiting for it to arrive down here (Uruguay, South America)

11. sien5
    Froyo Feb 9, 2015

sien5 , Feb 9, 2015 :
    How long dies it take to fully charge the OPO with this method? Cause I just ordered one.