Not open for further replies.
  1. drhait
    Cupcake Sep 19, 2014

drhait , Sep 19, 2014 :
    Sound GREAT !!!

2. TorbenLR
    Donut Sep 19, 2014

TorbenLR , Sep 19, 2014 :
    Reall good article. Of course I'll help to spread the word about One plus one to everybody when or if I get invited to buy one ;)

3. Matique
    Cupcake Sep 19, 2014

Matique , Sep 19, 2014 :
    I wonder if not making the StyleSwap backs is going to affect the profits to be gained from accessories?

4. desman
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2014

5. dsmathew
    Cupcake Sep 20, 2014

dsmathew , Sep 20, 2014 :
    You know one plus one, what you are doing is amazing! You guys are exposing the ridiculous profits that Apple and Samsung are making! At the same time, you maximise on inventory downtime by only producing phones that will be 100% sold. Keep it up! :)

6. kakkar_manish
    Froyo Sep 20, 2014

kakkar_manish , Sep 20, 2014 :
    I appreciate a new begining but would beg to differ on certain points. The venture for OPO is not a gratuitous or charity venture, hence it need to make money to survive and thrice. If product would not be available to masses, it would be difficult to sustain the costs. I agree with the fact that the cost of retail channel adds to the product cost but there has to be an alternative.
    First and foremost, a website, capable of selling to masses is a must. You can think of opening some distribution centers in key locations accross the world which keep the distribution cost minimal while keeping the supplier on going or Enter into strategic relationship with a logistics distributor to keep costs under check. Service still will be a challange, which can again be over come through inward centres(at the same distibution centres for repairs of hardware). Software issues can be addressed online service centres.
    Apologies for writing such a long message but I am a big fan and would want to see the product succeed and make it big in next few years.
    Cheers and all the best:).

patrickvons likes this.
  7. bipin90
    Cupcake Sep 21, 2014

bipin90 , Sep 21, 2014 :
    New innovative style to put the product in the market and creating a drive on consumer to get hands on the new phone

8. Iriniti
    Gingerbread Sep 21, 2014

9. Iriniti
    Gingerbread Sep 21, 2014

Iriniti , Sep 21, 2014 :
    Speaking of issues addressed directky i made this thread so this great phone finally has a great case ! Please spread the word

10. nooble123
    Cupcake Sep 22, 2014

nooble123 , Sep 22, 2014 :

11. krash2k77
    Donut Sep 22, 2014

krash2k77 , Sep 22, 2014 :
    I love the business model, but I do feel that putting out a little more invites would get you where you want to go a little faster, then again i'm not a business person. I do want to say thank you for opening up a USA market with the gsm and lte bands that is the best!

12. shakeeb1234
    Donut Sep 22, 2014

13. ben044
    Cupcake Sep 22, 2014

14. beany
    Jelly Bean Sep 22, 2014

beany , Sep 22, 2014 :
    Hopefully they have figured out their alternative strategy before just stopping StyleSwap.
    I'm also curious why it is so difficult to get the quality right for the StyleSwap covers, after all every phone ships with a cover that can presumably be swapped.

15. haidzir84
    Eclair Sep 22, 2014

haidzir84 , Sep 22, 2014 :
    i am starting to spread a word about OPO to all my friend now...even i still don't have my own OPO in hand yet..

16. mãdã25
    Cupcake Sep 22, 2014

17. mãdã25
    Cupcake Sep 22, 2014

18. pepe280
    Eclair Sep 22, 2014

pepe280 , Sep 22, 2014 :
    i simply love the post :) i sure Will spead the word , i just cant wait to have mine

19. Zhen Yu Phua
    Cupcake Sep 23, 2014

Zhen Yu Phua , Sep 23, 2014 :
    I applaud the bold move to decline donations and still be able to assure existing and future fans of your products and continued tech support. I agree with you that the first few years might not even breakeven and that it will take economies of scale to help cover your fixed costs.

Keep doing what you do, pitching a reasonably affordable price for a great product is not easy, but yes, I'm sure zealous fans will keep the you guys afloat! Totally agree on the Silicon Valley model too, it's a bottom up approach from consumers and user experience as priority.

And Yes, I think your current marketing approach is radical. I particularly like how you are making it exclusive and that itself generates appeal and intrigues people to pop by and be smitten by it much like how a stunning lady attracts a guy by playing hard to get, haha!

It's funny how people work this way, the more elusive things are, the more sought after it becomes.

This way, you guys have also rid the need for retail channels, while also eliminating the potential issue of being unable to meet demands.

Being this elusive and exclusive also creates another effect from my point of view. When we look at tech giants like Apple or Samsung, they build up anticipation on revelations and keynote, but the moment the product is materialise and within consumer hands, the anticipation, the excitement and hoohah just dissappears in weeks until everyone gets their hands on one. Your approach, although possibly not your intentions, has the ability to draw continued anticipation and appeal for the OnePlus One.

I must say your strategies are charming and witty. It must have taken alot of planning and foresight to properly float a boat this small, as a new startup.

Well, I guess like what my old friend as a seasoned seaman and navigator always puts it, a well charted and smooth journey requires 80% planning and 20% intricate and careful execution.

I have learned much from the short time that I have learned of your team and the OnePlus One.
    I look forward to try your products soon, and wish you guys continued success in your future endeavours!

'Rafe'
    Zhen Yu

20. RamezRihani00
    Cupcake Sep 23, 2014

RamezRihani00 , Sep 23, 2014 :
    thats a great way!