How will OnePlus make money?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyPhoneJustDied
    Honeycomb May 19, 2014

MyPhoneJustDied , May 19, 2014 :
    and a horde of 1+ fanboys until then .... but so far it seems they actually earned them (in contrast to this rotten apple society) ;-)

2. cdaly985
    Gingerbread May 19, 2014

3. glider1234
    Donut May 19, 2014

glider1234 , May 19, 2014 :
    Nice to see this aggressive approach that defies the competitors but remenber you cannot go on and on just with financing because Samsung, LG and others can play (some are) the same game for much longer. You have an amazing product that frees users from tradional limitations. Follow the users they will give you their money if the product maybe not perfect but right for their needs :)

4. Tuamtuam
    Gingerbread May 19, 2014

Tuamtuam , May 19, 2014 :
    Impressive, refreshing openness. I hope you are able to keep this up and make it work and benefit us all - you innovators who are doing it and us who want the best from a smartphone in an efficient package, without the bull**** marketing etc. of other manufacturers.

5. elago
    Honeycomb May 19, 2014

6. numan
    Froyo May 19, 2014

numan , May 19, 2014 :
    That's very informative! and now that I think about it, it sounds like a good way to start. I only hope you can keep going with the same motivation and the same motto.

Keep it up!

7. nlotic
    Cupcake May 19, 2014

nlotic , May 19, 2014 :
    I love the idea of the changable backs. Looking forward to seeing what other accessories Oneplus comes up with. Customization is king!:)

8. Mark Joseph
    Jelly Bean May 19, 2014

Mark Joseph , May 19, 2014 :
    they forgot to add the factor of people getting tired, the hype won't last forever and smarphone battle field is quite scary.

contestwinnerbaby likes this.
  9. Solix
    Cupcake May 19, 2014

Solix , May 19, 2014 :
    Right

10. runeazn
    Froyo May 19, 2014

runeazn , May 19, 2014 :
    If you read the posts about OPO they kinda said this themselves

Fother Mucker likes this.
  11. warren
    Donut May 19, 2014

warren , May 19, 2014 :
    Making a GOOD product is more important than thinking how to earn money. Oneplus should focus on how to make the best product in the market, money will go to the company which can produce the best production with the best price.

12. wasapp
    Honeycomb May 19, 2014

wasapp , May 19, 2014 :
    Carl I have outside issue if you can contact me...

13. ali_albrahim
    Donut May 19, 2014

14. patateetdragon51
    Honeycomb May 19, 2014

15. evilster
    Froyo May 19, 2014

16. chrisjdclark
    Cupcake May 19, 2014

chrisjdclark , May 19, 2014 :
    I worry less about their profitability - I think there's probably good demand for a device like this and it seems as though they're able to scale production and marketing effectively. I worry about when/if the big boys will start to litigate to slow things down. Its one thing for Moto/Samsung to battle with Apple about patent infringements. I imagine it would be another thing entirely for one of those giants to square off against Oneplus.

17. Diogenes
    Gingerbread May 19, 2014

Diogenes , May 19, 2014 :
    Nice! I must say I like the transparency. Although other companies also tend to be rather transparent on this subject... 700€ smartphone... Think I know how they want to make money^^
    Still, it's really appreciated. Fresh approach, openness, awesome smartphone, ... Seems too good to be true o_O
    Am I dead? Is this heaven? Or will I never get an invite, so hell?

18. IndieJosh
    Cupcake May 19, 2014

IndieJosh , May 19, 2014 :
    Awesome, I hope everything works out. Hopefully I can get my hands on the OnePlus One and other devices from OnePlus in the future

19. Mei Lin
    Eclair May 19, 2014

Mei Lin , May 19, 2014 :
    As an ex-entrepreneur I understand the approach. Doing business differently, looking at things from another perspective, try and change/do things one step at a time, have a mission besides profit... Above all, this information comforts me in my choice never to have settled, until now :) Even if there are quite some really good and cool products on the market, there hasn't been any that was worth buying (in my opinion). I have the distinct impression my wait has almost come to and end. For the first time I have the feeling that this is indeed "the one". High quality product, extremely fair price, company vision and strategy I can adhere to. If support is also what I expect it to be (read > NOT the support bigger companies "provide") you'll have one extra loyal faithful customer for life! Eager to buy, hope it'll be an early Christmas this year :p Keep it up OnePlus

shigure and bcsb.ancora like this.
  20. bcsb.ancora
    Eclair May 19, 2014

bcsb.ancora , May 19, 2014 :
    I see that people here have a vision of things to come. :) this is good. I like it. I truly hope to see OnePlus become a success story.