How will the OnePlus One impact the way you view smart phones?

1. turkishblood
    Eclair Apr 26, 2014

turkishblood , Apr 26, 2014 :
    Since smart phones have been introduced, I feel like we have been held back, always that missing thing, or the part that the new release does not have.... However I believe that the OnePlus One, is the one -no pun intended- that will change this view!

2. Matt7262
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 26, 2014

turkishblood likes this.
  3. Sevan
    Jelly Bean Apr 26, 2014

Sevan , Apr 26, 2014 :
    While I am excited about getting a OnePlus One, I really do not agree that it had left nothing to be desired.

Offering such amazing components at an unbelievable price paired with CyanogenMod, is revolutionary, but there are certainly still things that one wishes that OnePlus One would have; and those are different for each person.

turkishblood likes this.
  4. audscott
    Froyo Apr 26, 2014

audscott , Apr 26, 2014 :
    Give me a single review and I'll address this question. Otherwise we "know" nothing about the device and hell, it may end up vaporware.

turkishblood and Sevan like this.
  5. ziprom
    KitKat Apr 26, 2014

ziprom , Apr 26, 2014 :
    No change, I've owned over twenty five Android phones since Google introduced the platform in 2008. The OnePlus One is but another choice no matter how good it is, there's nothing revolutionary about it.

Google is the pioneer of the high value low cost model when they introduced the Nexus series of smartphones a few years ago. OnePlus is following in Google's footsteps.

turkishblood likes this.
  6. turkishblood
    Eclair Apr 26, 2014

I agree, I think that each smart phone is catered toward a specific audience, some like the simplistic desgin of the Iphone that is easy to handle and use, while others want more freedom like android tends to offer. Furthermore, it is mostly a game of prices, no matter what, once you say 350$ for 64 gig phone....... the argument ends :D.... the truth is..... for the price of an Iphone 5s 64 gig, you can buy TWO ones and have 150$ to spend as you please, :):)..... and that is what realllly packs the punch

Sevan likes this.
  7. Sevan
    Jelly Bean Apr 26, 2014

Sevan , Apr 26, 2014 :
    Well, one really cannot discount the high-end components stuffed into such a low-priced package; even the Nexus line has never had comparable specifications, particularly camera.

turkishblood likes this.
  8. matd20012001
    Gingerbread Apr 26, 2014

turkishblood likes this.
  9. turkishblood
    Eclair Apr 26, 2014

Yea but I dont see that happening, the phone companies need to make "profit" and indeed that is true, however some take this a bit too far -ahem apple- ahem.... they release each component bit by bit. iphone 3g, 3 mp camera, iphone 4 5mp, etc etc...... always throttling consumers.....

10. Sevan
    Jelly Bean Apr 26, 2014

Sevan , Apr 26, 2014 :
    Not to be mention that you could fit 4 iPhone screens in 2 OnePlus One screens, hahaha [of course, a joke.]

turkishblood likes this.
  11. turkishblood
    Eclair Apr 26, 2014

android authority on youtube has done a video, ill post link and I 100% agree with you.... for this price, I just cant be too sure, it seems like a dream...... im afraid of either the build quality, or just scared that the phone will fall apart.... well just have to wait and see..... but im hopeful.. if this phone lives up to what it is........ the world will change.. im tellin ya!

12. Sevan
    Jelly Bean Apr 26, 2014

Sevan , Apr 26, 2014 :
    It would be ludicrous to consider that Apple would even consider pricing its devices like OnePlus or Nexus; I believe @Matt7262 was referring to other Android OEMs.

turkishblood likes this.
  13. riffraff81
    KitKat Apr 26, 2014

turkishblood likes this.
  14. Sevan
    Jelly Bean Apr 26, 2014

Sevan , Apr 26, 2014 :
    They mostly offer similar devices, except at much higher prices; Therefore, I agree that other OEMs should price their phone more competitively.

On the other hand most other OEMs have large media marketing budgets, which drives their prices up.

turkishblood likes this.
  15. turkishblood
    Eclair Apr 26, 2014

I agree, and I was actually going to buy a Nexus 5 due to its sheer awesomeness... true the world of smart phones is expanding, and cheaper doesnt always mean "crap"... the nexus 5 undercut phones like iphone 5s and galaxy s4, but THIS, undercuts the nexus 5 and all the others... I dunno, you have the true experiance, iv only had a nexus g1 which was AWESOME on cyng. mod... but for the past 4 years iv been on iphone 4... and its about dead... so Im realllly excited about this phone, im throwing money to the screen for this phone!

Sevan likes this.
  16. Sevan
    Jelly Bean Apr 26, 2014

Sevan , Apr 26, 2014 :
    Because they take exorbitant media marketing budgets, except in the case of Nexus, OnePlus and some smaller manufacturers.

turkishblood likes this.
  17. Sevan
    Jelly Bean Apr 26, 2014

Sevan , Apr 26, 2014 :
    I have both a Nexus 5 and 4, but I must say that unless OnePlus One feels horrible in the hand, it is going to be far better than both of those phones.

turkishblood likes this.
  18. turkishblood
    Eclair Apr 26, 2014

Well, im no expert, but the fact that the brand name is so widely known , for example: apple, sony, samsung; these companies can put whatever price they want, and they will always have a group that will buy everything that comes out... :D whereas the Oneplus is a brand new company with no name, im guessing all this is for publicity..

19. Sevan
    Jelly Bean Apr 26, 2014

Sevan , Apr 26, 2014 :
    You are guessing very correctly. More accurately, all this is guerrilla marketing, instead of much more expensive media marketing campaigns.

ChrisTerp and turkishblood like this.
  20. turkishblood
    Eclair Apr 26, 2014

which is the reason why I am not going to buy a nexus 5 :D.. In my opinion, the smart phone market will be taking a significant hit from this new company.... Im betting the heads of other companies are not to fond of this situation.... :cool::D