How would the Oneplus 3 be sold?

1. jhummun
    Honeycomb May 25, 2016

jhummun , May 25, 2016 :
    Hi guys,
    I'm asking the question about how Oneplus would be selling the Oneplus 3. Same invite system?
    I've been a fan of Oneplus since January 2014. But I've never got an invite in time to buy either the Oneplus One or the Oneplus 2.
    For the Oneplus One invite , my phone got damaged. So I waited for 6 months to have an invite. Desperately, I bought a Moto G. Then 2 days later I received an invite. But it was too late. The same happened with the Oneplus 2.
    Now that I want to replace my Samsung Galaxy Note 3, I wonder about how Oneplus willing be selling the OP3.

nilrb likes this.
  2. Chris_Brix
    Honeycomb May 25, 2016

jhummun likes this.
  3. mingchin
    Honeycomb May 25, 2016

mingchin , May 25, 2016 :
    OP will almost certainly use the invites for the first few months.
    However, with each new product release, the invite window shortened... so if the OP3 product starts shipping in June, I imagine that they will go to "invite-less sales one day a week" by September, and "end of invites" for the OP3 would happen in October or November.

4. mingchin
    Honeycomb May 25, 2016

mingchin , May 25, 2016 :
    It's also worth noting, with each new OP product, the "world" versions of OP phones have always used invites, but the "made for china" versions did not, they were available for immediate sale.

So if you're really jonesing for an OP3, the chinese model will probably be available through 3rd party resellers immediately... just be careful that it's compatible with your network of choice.

5. iPusak Gaoq™
    Jelly Bean May 25, 2016

iPusak Gaoq™ , May 25, 2016 :
    Global release will have invites system while China release will have flash sales....if you want to buy Op3 then i suggested you wait for at least 3-4 month after official release...don't buy the 1st batch release cause you might gonna regret it...

jhummun likes this.
  6. HollowBear
    Gingerbread May 25, 2016

HollowBear , May 25, 2016 :
    To my understanding @jhummun , it will be started with the invite system, those who got the 30k VR headsets getting one invitation.

I'm not entirely against the invite system, at least in my head it makes me feel like i have something special.

jhummun, d1beats and nilrb like this.
  7. Jitesh Saitawadekar
    KitKat May 25, 2016

Jitesh Saitawadekar , May 25, 2016 :
    If it's invite system and you want one so keep your self updated on forum, social networks , contests , invite give away and so on. I am sure you will be able to get one easily out of this.

jhummun likes this.
  8. Andre Nguyen
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 25, 2016

Andre Nguyen , May 25, 2016 :
    I just hope I get the phone by June 17 to take with me for vacation to Cuba. Get them nice photos and videos! :rolleyes: Wishful thinking?

nilrb likes this.
  9. Joyyy
    Jelly Bean May 25, 2016

Joyyy , May 25, 2016 :
    Oneplus can't give that same excuse
    "We're a new company, therefore invite only!"
    Bullsh*t don't give me that crap again. No invite or nothing.

10. nilrb
    Jelly Bean May 25, 2016

nilrb , May 25, 2016 :
    Asking for invite? Buy a new phone from anybody else n get an invite free!!;)o_O
    History repeats itself!!:rolleyes:
    Kidding....:p
    You would be able to order during launch:D:D:D

jhummun likes this.
  11. luxuskamel
    Lollipop May 25, 2016

12. HollowBear
    Gingerbread May 25, 2016

HollowBear , May 25, 2016 :
    First time visiting Cuba? If so, you'll love it!

13. riffraff81
    KitKat May 25, 2016

14. hollap
    Froyo May 25, 2016

hollap , May 25, 2016 :
    Are invites REALLY all that different from pre-orders? I mean either way, you end up waiting until stock is available. Pre-order or invite, it just gives the company an idea of how many devices to make, or am I missing something here?

15. OPFanBoyTillEnd
    Honeycomb May 25, 2016

OPFanBoyTillEnd , May 25, 2016 :
    People usually don't like to give money in advance. Also, if you sell pre-orders, if you're going to screw up something and not being able to respect the deadline, it's going to be really bad. You're supposed to control it better with invites.

16. kaghedo
    Jelly Bean May 25, 2016

kaghedo , May 25, 2016 :
    There will always be OPEN SALES along the line if you don't get an invite,am only assuming though ;)

17. tiger80g
    Honeycomb May 25, 2016

18. Stefs
    Gingerbread May 25, 2016

Stefs , May 25, 2016 :
    no more invites, please! it would have been so much easier just to log on to one plus website and purchase online! deal done, hassle free, wait for your device and all!

19. Dukkied
    Honeycomb May 25, 2016

Dukkied , May 25, 2016 :
    How 3 should be sold?
    First OnePlus deliveres a flagshipkiller like the One. No software issues and state of the art hardware and features.
    Second they sell it to me. No hassle with waiting with invités. No they sell it directly to me!
    Is this asking to much? I dont think so.
    This should be bottom line for evry company

20. dmooney7291
    Eclair May 25, 2016

dmooney7291 , May 25, 2016 :
    Hopefully if we order within 24 hours of announcement we won't need invite. Otherwise the VR is a bit pointless...