How's it going Malaysia?

1. Steven W
    Froyo Oct 23, 2015

Steven W , Oct 23, 2015 :
    Hey Guys,

OnePlus is built on the foundation of the community so I'm posting here to gauge the current situation in Malaysia. To keep it brief,

How is your current customer experience with Maxis?
    What can we do to better serve our Malaysia fans?
    Feel free to give any other feedback or ideas for Malaysia.

I'll try my best to implement the good and reasonable suggestions so please keep it civil and serious.

Thanks,

Steven

2. inderiotz
    Froyo Oct 23, 2015

inderiotz , Oct 23, 2015 :

Hi Steven.

I'm a nearly-1-month OP2 user. Got my OP2 via MOS using invite code from a dear OP forum friend.

How is your current customer experience with Maxis?
    I am not a Maxis user. Though I am thankful to Maxis & Adrian Lee for making it possible to purchase OP2 phone without plan. And even better now since invites are not needed anymore.

What can we do to better serve our Malaysia fans?
    So far so good. But I'll be sure to drop any feedback/ideas if I have any.

finaldentiny and sykez like this.
  3. sykez
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 23, 2015

sykez , Oct 23, 2015 :
    Pretty much everyone here got their Oneplus 2 and overall we're happy with it :D

Currently we no longer require invites to purchase from Maxis. However there have been a few cases where some Maxis stores still have tried to force some fans to switch to Maxis in order to purchase. There have been a lot of misinformation from Maxis since the beginning. I'm not sure if you're aware of the previous situation. We went through a lot of trouble before finally getting the OP2. When it was released on Sep 22nd, Maxis said it's only available through contract and only purchasable after Sep 28th. The terms in the online order without zerolution contract option was unclear. I got to the bottom to find out about it and so we got device purchase with 1 month postpaid plan. I switched from DiGi to Maxis with zerolution contract just for the OP2 :) Then finally on Oct 2nd we were able to purchase just the device without contract/plan through Maxis stores and online (thanks to Adrian for making that happen). Yet still some Maxis stores weren't informed about the update while some Maxis stores didn't require the invite at all. I try to keep updated information about the options available much as I could in this thread to avoid any misinformation.

I'm sure you guys have your reasons to go with Maxis. But I wish you guys went with Lazada instead (just my opinion :)). It sure would've been easier considering Lazada is being used for Singapore as well. Also, getting the accessories would've been easier too. There's a very limited stock with Maxis and we've to search all the stores to find what we need.

For future releases, I hope to see announcements with detailed information regarding the purchase rather than interrogating Maxis :p Also hoping to see more software updates to OP2 soon with new features and bug fixes (I've already reported some minor bugs to support :)).

Cheers

ik1, finaldentiny, hkgoh and 4 others like this.
  4. kampuamee
    Lollipop Oct 23, 2015

kampuamee , Oct 23, 2015 :
    hi Steven,
    what is the chances of getting OPX without tying with maxis and without invite? ;)

5. Jevoly
    Marshmallow Oct 23, 2015

Jevoly , Oct 23, 2015 :
    Glad to see you here Steven, welcome to Malaysia forum.

IMHO, even though I understand that OP has reasons for choosing Maxis, partnering with any telecommunication company is never a good option in the first place. Most of the people want to be able to choose their own favorite telco. @sykez mentioned a few valid points above to show how Maxis is infamous among Malaysians. In this case, I'll vote for Lazada too as OP main partner.

6. 43789
    Honeycomb Oct 24, 2015

43789 , Oct 24, 2015 :
    Need oneplus store @ Malaysia

wafisa likes this.
  7. icecreamevents
    Cupcake Oct 25, 2015

sykez likes this.
  8. stevenchow
    Gingerbread Oct 25, 2015

stevenchow , Oct 25, 2015 :
    need more oneplus accessories in maxis store

9. threesixty
    Froyo Oct 26, 2015

threesixty , Oct 26, 2015 :
    The hassle we had to get to buy a OP2 was not needed. To ask users to signup to Maxis (reknowned here in Malaysia for not being good) and then signup to an extortionate plan (RM98 for 1GB - when we can get 3GB for RM38...) was crazy.

Even when @Adrian Lee did get it all sorted for us to buy outright, they still tried to make me switch to Maxis and after a 1hr wait (They went through 3 store staff...) I was finally able to purchase it, but it made the whole experience make me feel like it wasnt worth it

I am still having trouble finding accessories - it took me 2 weeks of visiting every Maxis store to find the bamboo cover and have yet to find a new data cable and tempered glass

I even ask in Maxis store for "OnePlus accessories" and they look at me blankly...

I am very happy with the phone, but the experience really let me down. The community here is great and we have been together to make Maxis change their outright purchase and we work together to find where the accessories are... but to be honest, we shouldn't have to do this. It should be right from the start

sykez and stevenchow90 like this.
  10. inderiotz
    Froyo Oct 26, 2015

inderiotz , Oct 26, 2015 :
    With light to our main issue "purchasing OnePlus 2 phones", it's either OP appoint non-telco organization as their distribution partner (in this case, Lazada or DirectD; warranty from OP pls),

or, u guys open 1 store in central and at the same time offer nation-wide delivery for online purchase.

Less hassle, no need rage for changing telco provider, you open 1 store only and ALL accessories are there, you got your online store and can send to anywhere in Malaysia.

Just my 2cent.

sykez likes this.
  11. cybreed
    Honeycomb Oct 26, 2015

cybreed , Oct 26, 2015 :
    for me the purchase experience was below average. It has NOTHING to do with the sales consultant at Maxis (actually 1st one was too bored to talk w me about OP2 only during my 2nd trip another SC bothered) as they preach what they were told. And there was too much terms and conditions.

I drove the the maxis store 4 days. each time going thru the busiest part of my home town looking for parking etc etc.
    Day 1 check out the phone. slept on it over the weekend, decide to buy but was not clear on TnC as there were many info to be shifted thru to understand what was needed to purchase.
    Day 2 went back to reconfirm what was said online was similar to their understanding. Found out that for East Malaysians, our data plans come with 2GB of extra data, Which roughly is similar to what my existing plans was. GReat! (yes I could ported then but i need to work and I only had free time during my lunch hr)
    Day 3 printed my statements ported my number to Maxis. but couldnt get the phone as they wanted to verify that my number was able to be ported before releasing the phone to me. annoyed
    Day 4 finally .. finalize all the paperwork AND receive the phone. No accessories in sight.

Would I recommend it to my friends ? NOPE. but since now ppl can buy w/o contract etcetc probably YES.

sykez likes this.
  12. hkgoh
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 26, 2015

hkgoh , Oct 26, 2015 :
    Any Buy 1 free 1? :p

13. kampuamee
    Lollipop Oct 26, 2015

14. ace-user
    Honeycomb Oct 26, 2015

15. 10071985
    Froyo Oct 27, 2015

10071985 , Oct 27, 2015 :
    i think since OP used Maxis as a platform to sell their phones and accessories, the least they can do is expand their accessories to more Maxis outlets and replenish their stock.

16. sykez
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 27, 2015

sykez , Oct 27, 2015 :
    I see that pretty much everyone has mentioned the limited accessories available and the trouble we went through with Maxis. So basically, "IF" Lazada was the exclusive partner instead of Maxis, we wouldn't have had any issues purchasing right on the launch day itself (I waited for almost a week before figuring out how to buy from Maxis). No second thoughts and no one would've switched to Maxis either (including me, and I know a few turned around right away when Maxis announced it was available contract only). Also, we'd have gotten the accessories we wanted through Lazada alone.

Those who bought OP2 through Maxis Online Store (MOS) couldn't get the accessories since the online store doesn't offer those. I can't imagine how those out of Kuala Lumpur area are going to get their accessories. I've been even asked about posting accessories to those out of KL area.

The funny part is, in the end, Brightstar puts the Oneplus 2 on Lazada.

hkgoh and inderiotz like this.
  17. inderiotz
    Froyo Oct 28, 2015

inderiotz , Oct 28, 2015 :
    Now that u mention it, I'm currently browsing for OP2 accessories on Lazada. Really hope that I can purchase accessories from OP2MY website same as Mi Malaysia's

18. shannywanna
    Cupcake Oct 28, 2015

19. sykez
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 28, 2015

sykez , Oct 28, 2015 :
    I don't think Lazada got official OP2 accessories yet. There are aftermarket accessories though.

Which store? You might want to check the available stock here. Or just order online. They still have stock.

inderiotz likes this.
  20. inderiotz
    Froyo Oct 29, 2015

inderiotz , Oct 29, 2015 :
    Yea. There's no official accessories just yet. Only aftermarkets one. =(

Hope OP can provide the OEM accessories to be sold by Lazada/Groupon. It would be great for all OP users in MAS/SG :D:D:D

sykez likes this.