How to clean oneplus 9 storage and best clean apps
Wipe Cache Partition
Cache Partition stores temporary data for speeding up your android system. But some times you may need to clear this partition without erasing all other data.
It only clears the Cache, your data is safe, just follow the steps :-
1. Power off the phone.
2. Wait until the device is completely off.
3. Then press and hold the Power and Volume Down (-) buttons at the same time.
4. Continue holding these two buttons during the initial OnePlus splash screen.
5. When the OnePlus logo goes away, you can let go of these two buttons.
6. And then wait until the phone boots into Recovery Mode.
7. If you have a password set, you will have to enter the pin to decrypt(basically unlock access to storage) here.
8. Tap on the language of your choice.
9. Tap on the Wipe Data and Cache option.
10. Tap on the Wipe Cache option.
11. Tap the Yes option when asked to confirm.
12. Wait for the phone to clear the cache partition.
13. Then tap on the Reboot option to restart the phone.
Best clean apps are bloatware, you don't need them.
Good apps manage their own storage usage and a cache wipe would only be required when having a problem with them.
If being low on space I don't feel like wiping caches over and over is the solution.
For example some are heavy users of Telegram. Default is keeping files forever. But you can easilly set the app to store files only for a certain time. 1 month is better than forever.
I only wipe cache and/or data on a specific app if haing a problem.
Use a good storage analyzer to get a view of what is taking your storage space.
SD Maid has a storage analyzer, duplicate finder and more.
You can try clearing cache or storage (as well if it suits or required) for most used or regular used Apps as they tend to create unnecessary junks over the time.
You can check all the installed apps by size and then decide if only cache or storage should be cleared as well.
Settings - Storage - Other apps
P.S.- apps are by default sorted here by higher size(on top)
Files by google is enough to clean up the storage
Know more about the OnePlus 9RT 5G and the OnePlus Buds Z2
by utsavgokani, 2022-01-14