Huawei Health app incompatibility with OnePlus 7 pro

1. athanathan
    Donut Dec 12, 2019

athanathan , Dec 12, 2019 :
    So i bought today the brand new Huawei GT 2 Smartwatch and i download the Huawei health app in order to connect my phone with my watch. As soon as i install Huawei Health app it ask me to download and install the Huawei services app as a requirement to work. So i did download also this app and when i install it i couldn't use it due to a permission grant issue. SO i gave to Huawei services app all the permissions i could and surprisingly it didn't work at all. And because of that neither Huawei Health could work. As result of this is that i cannot make me brand new smartwatch functional.
    I really do not know what to do. I install and uninstall both apps several times without any result at all.
    I have also notice that since i upgrade my phone from android 9 to android 10 lots of different issues came up, and i wonder if this is just one more issue.
    If there is anyone else who facing the same problem with me please do not hesitate to post a reply.
    Thank you.

P.S Not to mention that i love OnePlus and i have bought all these years, 3 mobile devices (Oneplus 3T, OnePlus 6 and OnePlys 7 pro) and i am really frustrated right now cause it is unacceptable to being unable to work my smartwatch because of these reasons.

G_plusone likes this.
  2. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Dec 12, 2019

G_plusone , Dec 12, 2019 :
    Clear cache Data and uninstall both Huawer health App and Huawei Mobile Services App.

Then Install Huawei Mobile Services App
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/huawe...ces/huawei-mobile-services-3-0-2-301-release/

From this help thread

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...ed-for-huawei-watch-gt.1149530/#post-21122206

and then Install Huawei Health App.
    This combination should work .
    Let me know how it goes

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019

athanathan likes this.
  3. Liehjan
    Lollipop Dec 12, 2019

Liehjan , Dec 12, 2019 :
    Uninstall it, go to apkmirror and download a older version of the app... It works!
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/connection-to-huawei-mobile-services.1149607/

athanathan likes this.
  4. athanathan
    Donut Dec 12, 2019

athanathan , Dec 12, 2019 :
    Thanks so much for fast respond and for the solution. I follow these steps and i solved my problem. I am very happy about this. Much respect for this community. I really appreciate your help.
    P.S A little advice from me cause links didn't work and not all previous versions of Huawei Services work just use this Version to do the job ------>> v.3.0.2.301

5. nidhin_abraham
    Cupcake May 23, 2020

nidhin_abraham , via OnePlus 7T , May 23, 2020 :
    Hey guys,

I got the Huawei GT 2e watch today and I am unable to get the app to work.

I downloaded and installed the older version of the HMS that's on this thread and then downloaded the health app. But I get the error message that the health app requires a more recent version of the HMS (4.0 or more recent). I tried to install the new version as well from playstore, but the same error appears.

Please help how to solve this issue[e]1f64f[/e]
    1590218307163.jpg

6. Artemus.
    Nougat May 23, 2020

Artemus. , May 23, 2020 :
    It literally tells you how to get the new version.

7. nidhin_abraham
    Cupcake May 23, 2020

The Huawei App gallery, is the Huawei mobile service app that we have to install, correct?

I have done that, but still get this message. I installed the older version that is mentioned in the thread as well, but didn't have any luck.

Have you tried any other apps/methods to get this to work?

8. Artemus.
    Nougat May 23, 2020

Nope, two completely different apps.

9. nidhin_abraham
    Cupcake May 23, 2020

I installed Huawei Wear, but the GT 2e is not supported in that app.

I searched for the Huawei app gallery in the playstore and couldn't find it...
    1590220492362.jpg

10. Artemus.
    Nougat May 23, 2020

The AppGallery isn't in the Play Store due to the conflict between Huawei and the US. You have to download it manually.

G_plusone likes this.
  11. nidhin_abraham
    Cupcake May 23, 2020

Thanks for the help :)

I read a few other online pages and found the link there to the App and after a lot of tries, got the health app to work.

Artemus. and G_plusone like this.
  12. Artemus.
    Nougat May 23, 2020

[​IMG]

drl431 likes this.