Huge Applause! First round of IDEAS is out!

1. Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Marshmallow Moderator Mar 28, 2020

Maximus Decimus Meridius , Mar 28, 2020 :
    Instead of "computer" i think the submitted idea was about connecting OnePlus device to a "MONITOR".
    Missed chance but still a good idea. Altho right now there is already an Android Desktop Mode available.

If you have Android 10, for example, with OnePlus 7t, you are able to HDMI a deskop environment on a PC-monitor. Altho it is STILL in BETA version.
    @prakashm88

2. cozzmat
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 28, 2020

3. S1562222730657
    Eclair Mar 28, 2020

popxunga likes this.
  4. FusionBomber
    Gingerbread Mar 28, 2020

FusionBomber , via OnePlus 5T , Mar 28, 2020 :
    Uhh, are ideas being adopted based on the number of likes they received?
    Because there is a flurry of ideas and those ideas which came in first prevailed on the top whilst the ones which came in late got stuck low in the pile.
    And there are really some great ideas down the pile which won't never make it to the top, because the ideas which came in first have gained a huge number of likes (even dumb ideas too).

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020

5. MKT_IRFAN3735
    Jelly Bean Mar 28, 2020

6. Sparker0i
    Donut Mar 28, 2020

Sparker0i , via OnePlus 7T , Mar 28, 2020 :
    unable to add an idea on the website. it just keeps redirecting back to the login page whenever trying to post an idea, saying you need to be logged in

Atanu Maji likes this.
  7. Flying Jesus , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Mar 28, 2020 :
    @Gary C.

Implementing new ideas is a great thing. However, choosing the dumbest ideas to implement is a wrong step. If OnePlus is truly reading this, and cares about the community.. then, it will at least give people a choice to opt for that feature. Sure, 999+ people liked the idea, but what about the X-999+ who didn't? Saying this knowing for a fact that the community is far larger than 999+ and OnePlus cares about their users unconditionally.

Why must I fill my ROM with a "feature" that was never a part of the original software? I'm sure people are all like "Woah, man AOD!! My life will change!! OMG OMG!" That feeling, however is temporary....people are all blinded by the notion: "I don't want to touch my phone to look at a notification." Care to explain, how ambient display is not helping you?

If OnePlus finally decided to implement it in the existing devices, then, they must either replace it with the already existing ambient display, or introduce a method to not bloat up the limited storage space of every user.

oryanol, FusionBomber and Pavans444 like this.
  8. Pavans444 , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Mar 28, 2020 :
    I vote for Oneplus Dex...since i'm working from home, i got to know the value of good software that seamlessly connect my mobile to PC, where i can manage my notification without touching my mobile.

Hope this is implemented...!!!

9. shawonche12
    Donut Mar 28, 2020

10. bigalcy
    Gingerbread Mar 28, 2020

11. popxunga
    Cupcake Mar 28, 2020

popxunga , Mar 28, 2020 :
    Hi...
    I see no relation at all between AOD and Edge lighting, Horizon Lights, Notch Lights, etc,. They are just different things with different purposes. And that's why the adoption of the AOD idea cannot be a justification to hold-on or not implement one simple Light notification function.
    I do not use Ambient Display and I'll not use AOD either as I have more to do than keeping my nose over the phone.
    However I would like to know when there's some notification without having to wake up my phone, and I can't because my 6T doesn't have the basic: - a simple notification LED !
    So the implementation of a whatever Light notification system is something that OnePlus should have offered to their clients since the moment the LED removal decision was taken.
    Regards.

12. kalpesh24
    Eclair Mar 28, 2020

14. haziqsunan
    Cupcake Mar 28, 2020

Garry-Lewis likes this.
  15. G_Fauzaan_Ahamed
    Froyo Mar 28, 2020

G_Fauzaan_Ahamed , via OnePlus 7T , Mar 28, 2020 :
    Please add the option to swap the shelf for google feed like on pixel devices, i used to use pixel launcher for that but it affected the gesture navigation and was buggy

17. fedevalladares
    Eclair Mar 28, 2020

fedevalladares , via OnePlus 7 , Mar 28, 2020 :
    yes, agree.
    I understand that should work with screens, no with computers. The ideal Is travel justo with the phone.

18. bbkbhattarai
    Cupcake Mar 28, 2020

bbkbhattarai , via OnePlus 5 , Mar 28, 2020 :
    I apologize if I'm cross posting here but want to raise this issue that I've faced. I'm not sure if this issue has been raised here before or not. But I've faced difficulty with screen recorder on oneplus five. Though it records video, it lacks the audio that is broadcasted. It will be handful if it was sorted with added features as doodle, text etc that can make recording better.

Thank you in advance.

19. 666Syco
    Eclair Mar 29, 2020

666Syco , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 29, 2020 :
    OnePlus phone should be able to phone share our numbers with LTE smart watches. all the carriers offer it and all big brand names phones have it but OnePlus doesn't. it would be great to share my cell number with my watch so I don't have to pay for a 2nd line. my wife has it with her Pixel 2 XL and Samsung Galaxy watch I'd love it on my Galaxy watch with my OnePlus 6T soon to be OnePlus 8 Pro [e]1f609[/e].

20. Q1584198870929
    Eclair Mar 29, 2020