Huge Performance Lag since last update via OnePlus 3T

1. pawankit
    Donut Jan 10, 2020

pawankit , via OnePlus 3T , Jan 10, 2020 :
    Hi,
    I am currently on version A3000_28_191104, My device has slowed down terribly since last upgrade.
    Apps open after laging for long.
    When I receive a call, it doesn't show on screen for 3-5 seconds.
    The screen says on-going call even after call is disconnected.
    Apps in general also lags.
    I formatted my phone, still the same issues.
    If this is a strategy like Apple to force customers to buy new phone by slowing down the current one then I am absolutely disappointed with OnePlus.

Oneplus Community, please help with a fix on this!

Monalkumar Solanki likes this.
  2. pawankit
    Donut Jan 10, 2020

pawankit , via OnePlus 3T , Jan 10, 2020 :
    Forgot to mention in my post that Mobile Data network disconnects frequently and doesn't reconnect automatically. Sometimes it shows that connection is there but after sometime I realize that there is no internet. All I have to do is manually touch mobile data icon and disconnect the internet and soon touch again then internet connection establishes. Above all, I have noticed that speed of mobile data network is very low however any other phone catches very good signal at same place.
    1578645758189.jpg

Monalkumar Solanki likes this.
  3. LesleySnijder
    Gingerbread Jan 10, 2020

LesleySnijder , Jan 10, 2020 :
    You know that they stopped the software support of the OP3(T)?
    Maybe it's time to upgrade to a newer OP device🤔🧐.

4. Paschfire
    KitKat Jan 10, 2020

Paschfire , via OnePlus 3T , Jan 10, 2020 :
    OnePlus haven't done anything nefarious to your device.
    After a factory resetting the device it will obviously feel sluggish for a period of time, while the system files and cache rebuild.

3/3T devices are now EOL and will not be receiving any further updates from OnePlus past OOS 9.0.6 Pie.

Is the SIM cards APN correct setup? Also signal strength has nothing to do with the update, that's a HW limitation.

5. pawankit
    Donut Jan 11, 2020

pawankit , via OnePlus 3T , Jan 11, 2020 :
    they stopped software support that is completely understandable but releasing a buggy update is absolutely pathetic. feeling sad to be part OP family [e]1f622[/e]

6. LesleySnijder
    Gingerbread Jan 11, 2020

LesleySnijder , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Jan 11, 2020 :
    Even Samsung and iPhone phones hasn't the great slick software experience. It is a big community, my mother used my old OnePlus 3 without laggy experience. Unfortunately you are feeling sad to be part of the OP family. If you had an OP6 you experience was 10 times better.

7. pawankit
    Donut Jan 11, 2020

pawankit , via OnePlus 3T , Jan 11, 2020 :
    well in that case one has to keep upgrading his/her smartphones every year (sometimes twice a year) to experience better performance 😛😛.. unfortunately I won't be able to upgrade due to poor financial condition.

8. srknkrt
    Cupcake Jan 12, 2020 at 7:30 AM

srknkrt , via OnePlus 3T , Jan 12, 2020 at 7:30 AM :
    I have same observations in my op3t as Pawankit. I am also thinking it is done intentionally to force buying a new phone. Buying new phone will be better solution for a conformable experience for the user but I can compansate this slowing effect for not spending money but the issues on the topic as call is not visible for a while is not a slowing effect, it is a bug (intentionally). What a shame for OP.
    I quit buying Samsung for these kind of issues. Should I quit from OP as well?

pawankit likes this.
  9. pawankit
    Donut Jan 12, 2020 at 9:43 AM

pawankit , via OnePlus 3T , Jan 12, 2020 at 9:43 AM :
    sorry but I differ on few of your observations.factory reset will never make a phone sluggish. not sure of your experience but at least I have never faced such thing in past.

coming to 3/3T is EOL and will never receive any update. completely agree but at the same time they should not release any buggy patch updates either. call issues which we (3T users) are facing, they should immediately rectify that.

mobile data network: I completely agree with you that it's HW driven issue. my problem is that I trusted this brand and purchased it while I was in USA. now I m suffering since I came back to my home country (India).

10. pawankit
    Donut Jan 12, 2020 at 9:47 AM

pawankit , via OnePlus 3T , Jan 12, 2020 at 9:47 AM :
    unfortunately none of the mobile phone brands are reliable n loyal now a days. it has become trend to release multiple version of a series in 6 months of time span and stop supporting 2-3 year older phone. even I switched from Samsung n now I feel like going back to Samsung 🙄

srknkrt likes this.
  11. Paschfire
    KitKat Jan 12, 2020 at 1:20 PM

Paschfire , via OnePlus 3T , Jan 12, 2020 at 1:20 PM :
    The device is nearly 4yrs old, it won't last forever. Blaming OnePlus on the quality of their products after 4yrd of usage because now you reside within India is ludicrous

Also regarding their statement, "sorry but I differ on few of your observations.factory reset will never make a phone sluggish"

You're simply wrong.

12. pawankit
    Donut Jan 12, 2020 at 1:26 PM

pawankit , via OnePlus 3T , Jan 12, 2020 at 1:26 PM :
    the phone will complete 3yrs on Jan 19th. [e]1f60a[/e] anyways I am not expecting phone to work life forever. I am just expecting OP to fix few bugs which is affecting thousands of users across globe. hope that make sense. right?

srknkrt likes this.
  13. Paschfire
    KitKat Jan 12, 2020 at 1:36 PM

Paschfire , via OnePlus 3T , Jan 12, 2020 at 1:36 PM :
    And that's fine.

Though this is the community forums filled with users such as yourself no one from OnePlus here.
    If you're expecting anyone from the OnePlus Dev/Bug Hunters team to ever read this, you'd do yourself a favour reporting the issue within the correct place. Otherwise they're likely to never read this.

Bug/issue reports go here;
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/