I ain't buyin' the 1+2

1. bjoernbertelsen
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2015

bjoernbertelsen , Aug 7, 2015 :
    Good for you, what is your purpose of telling us? Usually a thread asks some sort of question to get a discussion going?

2. geraldcortez
    Jelly Bean Aug 7, 2015

geraldcortez , Aug 7, 2015 :
    I have a yearly budget that goes into gadgets... the Oneplus One was pretty impressive when I got it, but the Nexus 6's screen was more appealing for me which is why I ended up using the Nexus 6 as my daily driver.

I was hoping that Oneplus 2 will come up with mind blowing specs, but it just disappointed me... There are things missing... so I would agree that the Oneplus One was awesome, but the Oneplus 2 just seems not charming enough..

Need invites?.. sign up! :)
    Twitter: @geraldcortez | Click here to read my OPO issues, Paypal dispute (CASE RESOLVED)

3. Spliffman
    KitKat Aug 7, 2015

Spliffman , Aug 7, 2015 :
    I agree, my One is still a beast and gets compliments too. I have run many of the benchmarks and my One scores respectably high still. I just love it. I am going to get the Two though as soon as I can, and my friends are lining up to buy my One. I'm not even sure if I'm going to sell it. I'm torn but I can't pass up the Two either.

Razzlesama likes this.
  4. rafiihaji
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2015

rafiihaji , Aug 7, 2015 :
    Your comments make me want a OPO. Don't know how I missed that boat after all the research I thought I did before buying my last phone (and only at the beginning of this year too!). I almost want to buy it instead of the OPT. Saw a kid in front of me in the queue for the London Eye the other day. He was playing a game on a beautiful phone. After several sneaky (and probably creepy) looks over his shoulder to try figure out what it was I realised it was the OPO. First time to see it in real life. Truely beautiful! I just hope the OPT will have the same affect.

Spliffman likes this.
  5. jflcn2
    Froyo Aug 7, 2015

jflcn2 , Aug 7, 2015 :
    The One just works and does everything just right. I have had a series of so called flagship phones from the top manufacturers and and all though good have had one or another fatal flaw be it poor battery life, overheating, constant crashes, or problems with connecting and tethering. My One is just a stock phone with latest updates and is flawless in daily use for most of its functions.I want to support Oneplus but I think the One is something special in the cellphone world while the 2 looks a bit like a cost cut phone compared to the latest mainstream offerings. I am unsure about changing to the 2 only because the One is still a great phone.

6. Nyco30
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 7, 2015

Nyco30 , Aug 7, 2015 :
    Naah, I'm sure OnePlus might realize that they setlled too fast and should have waited Nov/Dec 2015 to release a true flagship killer. According to phoneandroid, they're already working on OP3 design:
    http://www.phonandroid.com/oneplus-3-oneplus-travaille-deja-design-successeur-oneplus-2.html

Careful though: I can't find the source they're quoting, supposedly last AMA on reddit but as far as I searched, didn't find it.

Anyway, my point remains valid: I trust they'll learn from their mistake on OP2, go forward and deliver a good OP3 next year.

pa5t1s likes this.
  7. umirza85
    Froyo Aug 7, 2015

Spliffman, Lunatasian and gringoboy like this.
  8. opfanforever
    Cupcake Aug 7, 2015

9. SoniaB
    Nougat Head Moderator Aug 7, 2015

SoniaB , Aug 7, 2015 :
    He already said that the OP2 specs are just 'meh' so not worthwhile changing from the One

pa5t1s likes this.
  10. sayantan.roy
    Froyo Aug 7, 2015

11. zaphod-beeblebrox
    KitKat Aug 7, 2015

zaphod-beeblebrox , Aug 7, 2015 :
    [​IMG]
    Another Oneplus 2 inspired revelation. What a great phone.​

Last edited: Aug 7, 2015

lostLambda and dsmonteiro like this.
  12. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Aug 7, 2015

dsmonteiro , Aug 7, 2015 :
    I understand those feelz but that metal frame on the OP2 looks amazing. Must. Have. It.

SoniaB, pa5t1s and lostLambda like this.
  13. marksgii
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2015

marksgii , Aug 7, 2015 :
    I love my OPO with it's bamboo back and have never covered it with a case, I've never dropped it either. My daughters both have OPO's one with the sandstone back and one decided to put the white back on. They are beautiful phones and I will continue to use mine... until I get the OP2!!!!! I actually think the OP2 looks very nice and mine will have a bamboo back as well a Kevlar back because they're both sexy! I'm different than most people though because I upgrade my phone usually every year, I don't mind this at all. I always know it seem like there are only a few upgrades that will happen but that's how every phone is. I feel that the overall upgrade to the OP2 is worth it for ME. I'm more excited about addition of more LTE bands than anything else so the improved camera, nice build, more RAM, bigger battery, slightly improved screen and other small improvements are bonuses to me :) Enjoy what you have, what you'll get and in the words of OnePlus, "Never Settle" for what YOU want!

pa5t1s likes this.
  14. pa5t1s
    User of the Year 2014 Aug 7, 2015

pa5t1s , Aug 7, 2015 :
    I agree.

Nyco30 likes this.
  15. aap001
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2015

aap001 , Aug 7, 2015 :
    I think you are in LOVE ;)

lostLambda likes this.
  16. lostLambda
    Lollipop Aug 7, 2015

Leon69 and aap001 like this.
  17. aap001
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2015

18. run_dkc
    Gingerbread Aug 7, 2015

run_dkc , Aug 7, 2015 :
    Did you note any differences in performance with the new OxygenOS with the new chipset?

lostLambda likes this.
  19. lostLambda
    Lollipop Aug 7, 2015

lostLambda , Aug 7, 2015 :
    I have Paranoid Android ROM on my 1+1. 'Tis buttery smooth :)

Lunatasian and run_dkc like this.
  20. Arsh21
    Honeycomb Aug 7, 2015

Arsh21 , Aug 7, 2015 :
    And you wanted to create a thread for it....??????

lostLambda likes this.