I am cursed by the yellow stain... :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sframsden3
    Gingerbread Jul 22, 2014

sframsden3 , Jul 22, 2014 :
    Would be awesome if it was here by the end of the week, but I won't lose any sleep over it.

2. SuperDave
    Gingerbread Jul 22, 2014

3. VillageId10t
    Honeycomb Jul 22, 2014

VillageId10t , Jul 22, 2014 :
    Your monitor is shit...there I said it :p

4. lutti
    KitKat Jul 22, 2014

lutti , Jul 22, 2014 :
    You realy need to look for it to see it at least on the picture.

5. viewer2008
    Froyo Jul 22, 2014

6. MazingerZ
    Gingerbread Jul 22, 2014

MazingerZ , Jul 22, 2014 :
    There is yellowing just very minor

7. ihardcore
    Honeycomb Jul 22, 2014

8. magnum7
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2014

magnum7 , Jul 23, 2014 :
    I think this thread conclusively demonstrates that there is absolutely no yellow staining. Here's an increased contrast image of the yellow channel only, along with an image magnifying the color saturation.

In the contrast photo, naturally, the center is the brightest part of the screen, but the top and bottom are equally dark (darkness indicates color, i.e. yellowness).

Meanwhile, in the increased saturation photo, on the left side, it looks like the upper right corner is a little darker since the brightness center is slightly to the lower left. Meanwhile, in the right photo, the phone was tilted slightly towards the bottom, causing the top to be darker, hence why you again see more red towards the top.

And as mentioned, the phone has warm colors, explaining why it's more red/yellow than blue. I think the only thing this whole ordeal has proven is that some of you need to get your eyes checked.

opo-yellow.jpg opo-saturation.jpg

9. vmk2310
    Jelly Bean Jul 23, 2014

vmk2310 , Jul 23, 2014 :
    Don't do sunlight, the heat damages the phone.

10. QuantumDot
    Jelly Bean Jul 23, 2014

QuantumDot , Jul 23, 2014 :
    I don't see it. The phone looks perfectly normal to me.

11. Nelutz
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 23, 2014

Nelutz , Jul 23, 2014 :
    ???how it damage the phone???

12. vmk2310
    Jelly Bean Jul 23, 2014

vmk2310 , Jul 23, 2014 :
    Same reasons as Overclocking (main reason: overheating)

13. Joyyy
    Jelly Bean Jul 23, 2014

Joyyy , Jul 23, 2014 :
    Try getting a refund or replacement.
    If Oneplus does not. Goto your PayPal and file a dispute! Then Oneplus will have to do it.

14. Joyyy
    Jelly Bean Jul 23, 2014

Joyyy , Jul 23, 2014 :
    Ever since the recent update where they made the screen warmer (to slightly cover up the yellow band more) that's why its more unoticable. They're trying to cover it up slyly making the whole screen bit more yellow and warmer

CCC likes this.
  15. Ruta
    Project Manager Jul 28, 2014

Ruta , Jul 28, 2014 :
    A lot of discussion about the warm calibration screen has surfaced recently, but to avoid confusion and repetition, we are consolidating responses in threads where these have been extensively discussed.

There are two issues people are referring to: a generally warm screen and a slight warm calibration at the bottom.

The warmness reflects the software adjustments made to make screen look more natural. Many of you have expressed interest in a cooler screen, so we are addressing this in the next OTA. Read more:https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/re-yellow-screen.40239/

Because of strict quality control standards, variation between different batches is very limited. All OnePlus Ones have a slight warm calibration at the bottom, but this is only visible in extreme circumstances and does not affect daily use. Read more:https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/winners-which-one-is-the-one.42475/

For those have yet to play with the phone yourself, we appreciate your patience and urge you to read the reviews of other members who have already purchased the phone. You’ll find that they are overwhelmingly positive. If you believe your device has quality issues, please contact our Customer Support for consultation and resolution.

There's a 14 day no questions asked return. This hasn't been communicated enough, and the slow response time isn't helping the situation clear up either. People who don't enjoy the device can send it back for a refund. Please contact support first to get a RMA number.