I am returning my OP2. Here is why...

1. jack_frost
    Honeycomb Aug 22, 2015

jack_frost , Aug 22, 2015 :
    Ive looked over at XDA and In our Dev section. No ROMs yet. But thats the point, Even If a Rom was to improve the performance, I still dont see how its going to be anything more than marginally better in terms of function compared to the OPO. Its lagging behind the OPO when it comes the basics right now.

I dont care about benchmarks and games, thats not what I use my phone for everyday.

2. Scoobems
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 22, 2015

Scoobems , Aug 22, 2015 :
    Spoken like a true fanboy...

3. Ian_P
    Jelly Bean Aug 22, 2015

Ian_P , Aug 22, 2015 :
    That's quite true, but I think everyone has different expectations 'out of the box'. I'm not sure it makes it right though having what is in essence a beta version of software on a supposed production ready device. I accept every manufacturer has this at some point and some are worse than others, but there is a final release position and polished, in which all the bells and whistles are added or minor bugs are fixed. I can also in earnest allow a little latitude on the fact it's a new OS.

By all accounts if the OP doesn't feel it's even at final release then it's his choice to return it.

I think its' actually a really good position to paint for the rest of the community, because neither is he one of these fanboys that cant look at things objectively and put the OP2 on a pedestal quoting 'flasgship' or 'it's better than sliced bread' but also neither is he a new customer whos just out to bash OP's products.

Personally, this (as a customer) is exactly the type of feedback I want to hear.

sarvesh77, Koko30, hellness and 8 others like this.
  4. ppod
    Jelly Bean Aug 22, 2015

ppod , Aug 22, 2015 :
    #Vomit

5. Chinda
    Jelly Bean Aug 22, 2015

Chinda , Aug 22, 2015 :
    OnePlus 2 isn't the ultimate flagship killer! But for the price it is a very good phone, build quality is greatly improved over the OnePlus One. No major issues for me. Fingerprint sensor/home button works but isn't as responsive as it could be, future software update should fix that.

Takendown, Boricua, SoniaB and 3 others like this.
  6. OALEXANDER
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Aug 22, 2015

OALEXANDER , Aug 22, 2015 :
    Our ROM geek @Funk Wizard got his OP2 and rooted few days back. I would recommend you wait or new ROMS to come out and try flashing it. However its your call whether you really want to return or keep it :)

jack_frost and Harshrmittal89 like this.
  7. M4ENY
    KitKat Aug 22, 2015

M4ENY , Aug 22, 2015 :
    This was a very nice insight into how the OPT is like in the real world and not just in an imaginary world where it is the best and flawless device.

sarvesh77, jack_frost and Skf123 like this.
  8. Skf123
    Marshmallow Aug 22, 2015

Skf123 , Aug 22, 2015 :
    Are you implying that OnePlus will sell off his used device as new to another customer? Lol.

gmo8492, dhaugru and Dougrunge like this.
  9. dineshr
    Eclair Aug 22, 2015

dineshr , Aug 22, 2015 :
    One respite that, i dont need to scavenge for the invites. Let it comes, when it comes. Thanks for the honest review Bhai!

jack_frost and p51d007 like this.
  10. p51d007
    KitKat Aug 22, 2015

p51d007 , Aug 22, 2015 :
    I think that is going to be the opinion of a LOT of people IF they can get their hands on one (not that I would want to waste my money). It's almost as if the 2 was RUSHED out before all the bugs were sorted out (gee, go figure!).
    Of course, the apologist will say to #1, it will be fixed in a software update.
    #2, LOL, they will try the "you are holding it wrong" approach like last year.
    #3 but that will be addressed in a future software update.
    #4 It doesn't get any hotter than any other phone with an 810 processor.
    Those IDIOTS, that processor has a HISTORY of overheat problems, but they went with it anyway. Wouldn't surprise me if Qualcomm made em a deal and dumped them CHEAP just to get rid of that chip.
    OnePlus, with their connection to Oppo, in my opinion is nothing more than a beta tester for Oppo. Oppo builds something, has OnePlus sell it and sees how it works out, before Oppo releases an improved and more feature rich version, under the Find brand, in the case of the 2, the Find9.

msw1478 and disabledcyclist like this.
  11. Skf123
    Marshmallow Aug 22, 2015

Skf123 , Aug 22, 2015 :
    I wouldn't believe the views of anyone that claims it's flawless, no phone is flawless so i like to hear/read the cons just as much as the pros so i have a better idea of what I'm getting.

Koko30, Chinda and M4ENY like this.
  12. p51d007
    KitKat Aug 22, 2015

p51d007 , Aug 22, 2015 :
    How long have you worked for Oppo/OnePlus?
    [​IMG]

13. Harshrmittal89
    Honeycomb Aug 22, 2015

Harshrmittal89 , Aug 22, 2015 :
    Your replies are like tldr. And then the posts are closed

Nevabackdown likes this.
  14. imabhilash
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 22, 2015

imabhilash , Aug 22, 2015 :
    I respect whatever you have mentioned ....

jack_frost likes this.
  15. Adyb1975
    Gingerbread Aug 22, 2015

Adyb1975 , Aug 22, 2015 :
    What ever happens to the returns? I didn't see oneplus selling refurbs... I hope they don't refurb them and sell them as new...

16. Sunny
    Honeycomb Aug 22, 2015

Sunny , Aug 22, 2015 :
    Not sure about the OnePlus ideology though..
    While releasing OnePlus One they mocked other companies about dishonest design with respect to speaker grills..
    Now seems like OP2 has dishonest design - only one side is a speaker grill..

17. M4ENY
    KitKat Aug 22, 2015

M4ENY , Aug 22, 2015 :
    Exactly how everyone should be thinking when they are making a purchase. Cool headed decision rather than plain fanboyism / hype

Skf123 likes this.
  18. gyanr
    Eclair Aug 22, 2015

gyanr , Aug 22, 2015 :
    They'll surely improve on the OS part. Whatever they have touched has turned gold. This too shall not get spared. Amen!!

19. jack_frost
    Honeycomb Aug 22, 2015

jack_frost , Aug 22, 2015 :
    Regardless of what their Marketing team claims - I find the Ideology for Oneplus is to Give you cutting edge hardware with flagship level performance at the lowest price. This was true for the OnePlus One

msw1478 and tushar.kakkar22 like this.
  20. malidan
    Nougat Aug 22, 2015

malidan , Aug 22, 2015 :
    I am not too sure where this culture of buying a phone and then changing the rom to cure the devices problems, no wonder OP encourages rooting, and has the easiest bootloader to unlock.
    You change the rom to get more features and freedom not to fixes the flaws that the devices was sold with. If you don't return the thing why would they improve their product.

valdemarian and Methiri like this.