I can't use my phone after the new Update.

1. ahmed2142
    Cupcake Nov 7, 2015

ahmed2142 , Nov 7, 2015 :
    Last night I got the notification for the new update, I begin the installation, and that is where it all went wrong.

It is almost done, [Android is starting, optimizing apps # of #], finishes that, [Android is starting, Starting apps], finishes with that, and it starts to boot, i get the Cyanogen glowing thing before boot, it takes around 30-60 seconds, then it goes back to [Android is starting, Starting apps] again, Cyanogen boot screen again, [Android is starting, Starting apps] again, then it goes back to Optimizing apps. And it stays in this loop.

I was giving up on it and left it in that cycle, but after about 3 hours I see that it finally booted up but I keep getting a popup saying [unfortunately, the process android.process.acore has stopped], I press ok, and it comes up again. It keeps coming every second, making my phone unusable.

I cleared contact and contact storage Cache, I cleared Dialer Cache, I cleared calendar cache. I read online that it might be from the facebook app but I don't have the facebook app. I tried to wipe data/Factory reset. But it went back to the first issue and the whole thing started again, i'm now looking at my phone with that popup on. I have no Idea what to do and I can't do anything with my phone.

i don't know much about Cyanogen or about phones much in general but i'd say that there might be an issue with the new update if it was ccorrupted or didn't download properly, if that is the case, how can I just format the whole phone and try to manually cleanly install it? (and from where can I get the right OS?)

Please help and thanks in advance.

2. Hiraeth
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 7, 2015

3. Gonzo01
    Lollipop Nov 7, 2015

Gonzo01 , Nov 7, 2015 :
    turn off phone(long press power button).boot to recovery (volume down +power). wipe cache. then do factory reset.

Linanc7 likes this.
  4. ahmed2142
    Cupcake Nov 8, 2015

ahmed2142 , Nov 8, 2015 :
    I just did that, the same problem happened. Didn't work. Using factory reset isn't working with me. Any other suggestions?

5. RedBaron616
    Gingerbread Nov 8, 2015

RedBaron616 , Nov 8, 2015 :
    I am getting a slightly different error after the Cyanogen update failure. Mine says that "Trebuchet" failed to load and allowed me to report it. Afterwards, it gave me multiple lines of things that had failed.

6. agoinfly
    Marshmallow Nov 8, 2015

7. agoinfly
    Marshmallow Nov 8, 2015

8. Gonzo01
    Lollipop Nov 8, 2015

Gonzo01 , Nov 8, 2015 :
    flash official signed rom via fastboot