I can't use the phone with the notch

1. Wadman
    Cupcake Oct 21, 2019

Wadman , Oct 21, 2019 :
    oneplus employees,

I beginning regretting buying this phone
    first you take off the engineering mode, without consulting anybody, like if you were apple, and that's a shame to treat us like if we are bunch of immatures, but as far as I know a large section of your users are engineers, so please give us the product and not what we could do with the product
    and now, me, how was wondering that the oxygenOs will be better, I cannot even get ride of the stupid NOTCH!
    that's a shame how you treats your costumers, you don't even take a look on your own forum, you're just following apple's doing

congrats for pissing off your customers
    I really miss Htc, they are the masters of UIX

2. Liehjan
    Lollipop Oct 21, 2019

Liehjan , Oct 21, 2019 :
    Is engineering mode developer options? If so that's still there...

3. Wadman
    Cupcake Oct 21, 2019

Wadman , Oct 21, 2019 :
    no, when you tap *#808# in the dialer, an engineering menu pops up, all phones had it except apple and now oneplus

4. Horsault
    Marshmallow Moderator Oct 21, 2019

Horsault , Oct 21, 2019 :
    This is a users forum, there are no employees here, on OnePlus team or whatever.

5. Wadman
    Cupcake Oct 21, 2019

Wadman , Oct 21, 2019 :
    really, why do you focus on the insignificant matters? instead of the reel problems, this why they don't even care of the existance of this forum
    and just for your knowledge, they have representers, who report to oneplus staff

6. Horsault
    Marshmallow Moderator Oct 21, 2019

Horsault , Oct 21, 2019 :
    Those are called moderators, and aren't employees nor representers either, just other users like you. I can't remember when I last saw one online... :D:D:D

Anyway, if you're a mature user, root your device, you'll have full access and you'll be able to to absolutely whatever you want with your device (at your own risk of course if you damage your phone).
    Seeing the number of users who think a beta test ROM is "just an upgrade" and don't know what to do when they see a bug other than complain, there's no surprise OnePlus chose to remove from too easy access settings which might alter your device.

7. Wadman
    Cupcake Oct 21, 2019

Wadman , Oct 21, 2019 :

Horsault

Those are called moderators, and aren't employees nor representers either, just other users like you. I can't remember when I last saw one online...

Anyway, if you're a mature user, root your device, you'll have full access and you'll be able to to absolutely whatever you want with your device (at your own risk of course if you damage your phone).
    Seeing the number of users who think a beta test ROM is "just an upgrade" and don't know what to do when they see a bug other than complain, there's no surprise OnePlus chose to remove from too easy access settings which might alter your device.​

I'm not talking about moderators, they have people who report back to staff, I dont know how they work or if they still even exist but at the time oneplus thought that it would wise to listen to customers

I already rooted my phone, don't worry, I am aware of what I say
    and I chose to keep the OTA ROM instead of custom one

I didn't get your third point, but it is not a beta ROM, I got the official ROM, and speaking about reporting bugs and suggestions, I already did that multiple times, any interaction from oneplus? No

so please guys, let's focus on the problems not fanboys quarrels

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019