I can't watch prime videos in one plus 6t through casting only audio comes no video

1. Priyanshu Sharma Jelly Bean Jul 31, 2019

Priyanshu Sharma, Jul 31, 2019 :
    See, DRM (Digital Rights Management) is a tool/software which is used to prevent the unauthorized use or redistribute or just how users use a copyright content... Netflix, Prime Video etc. uses DRM to prevent all that misuse of their contents... DRM is used in almost every paid services.. Otherwise people may misuse it... For e.g. People may use one account and screen record the movie when they are watching and then share with other person or just download and share it with someone... So, it'll be not good for company...

Now a days almost every phone has DRM... It's not a hardware, it's embedded into your phone's software to prevent unauthorized use of the content... You're talking about K4 Note etc. which a cheaper and older phone and it may not have such strict policy about DRM so that's why you're able to cast it to your TV...

You can try capturing screenshot in Netflix app... If you can do it in your Lenovo K4 then your phone doesn't gives a damn about DRM... You can't do the same thing in your 6T, it'll not allow you to do so!! This is what it'll show you when you try to take screenshot...
    1564564653999.jpg
    You can cast YouTube content because it doesn't have such restriction but you can't do that with a paid app/services...

Screen Mirroring and Chromecast both are different things... Screen Mirroring as the name suggests, it is used to mirror your phone's display to TV whereas Chromecast is mainly used to stream shows, movies etc. to your TV...

And Chromecast doesn't need to be in your phone... It should be present in your TV to cast all that copyrighted content or otherwise you can purchase Chromecast/Firestick if your TV doesn't have Chromecast built in and then you'll be able to stream on to your TV!!

Your Phone has nothing to do with it...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019

2. tide1109 Honeycomb Jul 31, 2019

tide1109, Jul 31, 2019 :
    The story about the Lenovo K4 should be about the Widevine level. The OnePlus 6T supports L1 for HD Streaming and the cheap K4 probably only supports L3. So you can only Watch DRM Content a basic resolution. At Netflix it is 560p instead of 720p or 1080p.

The less resolution means that there is less data to protect and it seems that screen mirroring is working.

I don't tested it, but when unlock your bootloader (don't do it, if you don't need it), the Widevine certification goes down to L3. DRM Reason. The mirroring may work now, but without HD resolution.

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S4 (premium tablet) and the Netflix screen mirroring is not working - DRM. The playback on a TV/monitor worked while using video out with an type-c to hdmi adapter.

Kislay55_2 likes this.
  3. Kislay55_2 Gingerbread Jul 31, 2019

Kislay55_2, Jul 31, 2019 :
    I knw this. Thank you

4. Kislay55_2 Gingerbread Jul 31, 2019

Kislay55_2, Jul 31, 2019 :
    Ohk. Thank you.

5. Kislay55_2 Gingerbread Jul 31, 2019

6. F_Deepak_Arasu_Kuruba_oL Donut Aug 1, 2019

F_Deepak_Arasu_Kuruba_oL, Aug 1, 2019 :
    exactly brother u are correct ... ppl won't look for mistakes done in one plus 6t they just bother on others... we both are trying to share our problems but no one is with us they are pointing towards us in a wrong way... hope they understand

7. Priyanshu Sharma Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2019

Priyanshu Sharma, Aug 1, 2019 :
    Is this explanation not enough to you?

8. F_Deepak_Arasu_Kuruba_oL Donut Aug 1, 2019

what abt 2018 model Samsung A8 star it works well with jio tv , prime videos it has smart view in it....

Kislay55_2 likes this.
  9. Kislay55_2 Gingerbread Aug 1, 2019

Kislay55_2, Aug 1, 2019 :
    Thnq Deepak. Wat u guyz wanna say on this point.

10. F_Deepak_Arasu_Kuruba_oL Donut Aug 1, 2019

yes I came to know ... now suggest which Chromecast should I buy for OnePlus6t

11. Priyanshu Sharma Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2019

Again you don't need to have Chromecast cast in your phone... "No phone has Chromecast!! Your TV needs Chromecast not phone" Your phone only needs WiFi to work...

YourTV should have Chromecast built in or if it doesn't have then purchase a external Chromecast... Chromecast needs to be plugged into you TV's HDMI port and then you will be able to stream anything from your phone, tablet, Laptop etc. which has WiFi ... It looks something like this..

1564682197624.jpg
    You can purchase this one from Flipkart... It's cost around 3000 Indian rupees... Here is the link-

http://dl.flipkart.com/dl/google-ch...5?pid=SELF9FC9RFFF7JTC&cmpid=product.share.pp

You can just plug into your TV HDMI port and you're good to go... You'll be able to stream songs on Spotify, videos or shows on Prime Video/Netflix etc...

12. tide1109 Honeycomb Aug 1, 2019

tide1109, Aug 1, 2019 :
    Take the nornal Chromecast (3rd Gen.) for 1080p playback or the Chromecast Ultra for 4k/UHD playback.

Chromecast (3rd gen): https://store.google.com/product/chromecast
    Chromecast Ultra: https://store.google.com/product/chromecast_ultra
    Also available on other stores.

Screen mirroring is not intended for video playback. Chromecast also shows a black video while playing Netflix or Prime Video. For this you use the cast option at the Chromecast. Your phone is the remote to choose the content and then Chromecast streams it to the connected TV.

I tested this on my Moto G2 and my Chromecast (2nd Gen) and the screen mirroring works fine with Prime Video. The reason is the non-HD playback.

13. F_Deepak_Arasu_Kuruba_oL Donut Aug 1, 2019

can u suggest which is less cost than that of yours... if there is, otherwise it's k

14. F_Deepak_Arasu_Kuruba_oL Donut Aug 1, 2019

ok thanks

15. Priyanshu Sharma Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2019

I don't think there is any which is cheaper... Anyways keep in mind, it requires internet... You should have wifi or hotspot in your home to work otherwise it'll not work... BTW which Sony Bravia model are you using?

16. Kislay55_2 Gingerbread Aug 1, 2019

Kislay55_2, Aug 1, 2019 :
    But when my tv is connected on screen mirroring to other phones it doesn't needs any chromecast can you tell me why?. Accept it it's nothing but the concept of DRM that oneplus 6t uses which restricts to cast streaming apps. Few other phones allow to use without stress of connecting an external chromecast. It's not the fault of a TV but the phone's DRM.

17. Priyanshu Sharma Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2019

See you didn't got my point... You can try this on other phones which costs around or more than 30K... It'll not work but if you use it with a cheaper phone then it may work because they don't have strict DRM protection... They don't focus much on it... It'll not work on any flagship device but it may work on cheaper device...

Screen Mirroring main purpose is to mirror your phone screen on to your TV while Chromecast main purpose is to steam services on to your TV not your phone's screen... If your TV has Chromecast built in (which most of the new TV has) then you don't have to purchase a external Chromecast...

18. Neddard Lollipop Aug 1, 2019

Kytharsis likes this.
  19. F_Deepak_Arasu_Kuruba_oL Donut Aug 13, 2019

F_Deepak_Arasu_Kuruba_oL, Aug 13, 2019 :
    can u tell me the port c adapter .... or send me link of it to buy

20. F_Deepak_Arasu_Kuruba_oL Donut Aug 13, 2019

F_Deepak_Arasu_Kuruba_oL, Aug 13, 2019 :
    MY SONY TV MODEL IS - BRAVIA KD-55X8500B 2014
    it has only one touch screen mirroring.... can I watch prime videos in this tv model through one plus 6t....???