4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. What the... Drugs again?

8 vote(s)
    47.1%
  1. t4ww4b
    Jelly Bean Jul 31, 2015

t4ww4b , Jul 31, 2015 :
    So lately I have been thinking about which phone to get which actually supports LTE band 20 and has at least the same specs as the OnePlus One. The only phone that I somehow liked, was the Find 7(a) but I somehow can't forget about this phone, my phone: the OnePlus One. The Find 7(a) is an upgrade and a downgrade at the same time. Just hear me out.

The OnePlus One is the best smartphone experience I have had since I laid my hands on one. I have had some devices in the past: HTC MDA Touch, HTC Desire Z, HTC HD2, Sony Ericsson Vivaz Pro, Moto G, iPhone 5s, HTC M8, and the Xperia Z but none of them gave me that feeling of what Android was about. Actually, Android is about being together but not the same; it's about a community. It may sound crazy, pathetic, nerdly, no-life etcetera but I have to say that one thing that makes OnePlus actually great is (strangely enough) not the device - it's the community! The devices are one by one great and a steal but they have an unique purpose: the device is a way to be connected with the other users. It's a way to say: hey I'm with you!

This community is something unique. It's not like Facebook and Twitter where your friends and family can stalk you. It's actually a place to be someone without showing your face or your life-story. In today's society we judge others by their face or by their history and with today's technology but in this community all that is forgotten. Here we can be ourselves, forever. I like that - keep it that way.

Before I bought my OPO I wasn't even active in the forums. It was July when I signed up to obtain an invite and I immediately asked someone on the forums how long it would take to get one. They laughed at me because I said I would probably get it by October but that doesn't matter any more because I actually did get it in September. I remember when I finally received my invite. I was at Uni, it was 4 P.M. and I had only one class to go: Calculus. I was so happy that I actually skipped my 'interesting' class, took the train back to my home town (a 1-hour trip) just for a phone. I really don't know what I was thinking when I mention it now. How stupid some may sound, these things are the memorable moments that will stay with you forever. Every time when I think about selling my phone for something of roughly the same price and the same sepcs as the OPO, these stupid memories show up and I keep delaying it. Y u do dis OnePlus?

When the OP2 was launched I was actually really disappointed: No NFC, 1080p, that back-view... Thus I decided not to buy it. Now I've changed my mind. Okay, it has no NFC, no 2K screen and a somewhat less appealing back but these cons are minor when you look at what you're getting in return. You'll take part in community and in a company that actually talks to you and tries to listens to you as much as possible. Yes you can buy far cheaper phones such as the ZUK Z1 (with no LTE band 20) or the Moto X Style (500 Euros in Europe) but why give these companies your money when they don't deserve it? We are actually funding this and when we give up on that, it's all going up in dust. We are all in this together and therefore I'm going to buy the OP2 when I have the chance to do so.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015

2. SammyNib
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2015

t4ww4b likes this.
  3. Machiavelli17
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2015

veratoloz2005 and t4ww4b like this.
  4. praviarva
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 31, 2015

Kingnking and t4ww4b like this.
  5. Kujarka
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2015

Kujarka , Jul 31, 2015 :
    What happens friend esque can not buy it. we have to wait for OnePlus want to sell it .

t4ww4b likes this.
  6. bikas
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 31, 2015

bikas , Jul 31, 2015 :
    What did Oneplus do to deserve my money any more than other companies? Nothing at all.

7. SayMyName
    Jelly Bean Jul 31, 2015

8. krazy
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2015

t4ww4b likes this.
  9. KforHorizon
    KitKat Jul 31, 2015

KforHorizon , Jul 31, 2015 :
    Good read.. Even though you are a bit too sentimental about it! But i do understand and you've made a good choice brother! :)

rphlfjrd likes this.
  10. rphlfjrd
    Lollipop Jul 31, 2015

rphlfjrd , Jul 31, 2015 :
    I'm currently watching FlipTop(Filipino Rap Battles) English Conference and somehow someway I read your story with a rap flow. XD

I am with you. I'm thinking of getting the Moto X Style but the XDA Community isn't as good as the OnePlus Community.

t4ww4b likes this.
  11. pawangoel
    Gingerbread Jul 31, 2015

pawangoel , Jul 31, 2015 :
    Thanks for some optimism.
    This forum has been reeking of whiners and moaners since the launch.
    Nice to see some one appreciating OP's attempts.

t4ww4b likes this.
  12. oojafink
    Jelly Bean Jul 31, 2015

oojafink , Jul 31, 2015 :
    I'm kinda with you, but this would be a different thread if you were one of the probable hundreds of people that had issues with their OPO and had a nightmare dealing with customer service.

13. RideBike
    Jelly Bean Jul 31, 2015

t4ww4b likes this.
  14. leemartin
    Lollipop Jul 31, 2015

t4ww4b likes this.
  15. veratoloz2005
    Lollipop Jul 31, 2015

t4ww4b likes this.
  16. theflickx
    Froyo Jul 31, 2015

theflickx , Jul 31, 2015 :
    I changed my mind.
    "ahem" How!! Has science reached at the stage of Brain Transplantation.

17. veratoloz2005
    Lollipop Jul 31, 2015

veratoloz2005 , Jul 31, 2015 :
    He changed his mind about changing his mind.:)

t4ww4b likes this.
  18. leemartin
    Lollipop Jul 31, 2015

leemartin , Jul 31, 2015 :
    That is certainly something worth changing your mind about.....:)

veratoloz2005 likes this.
  19. kamran9558
    Honeycomb Jul 31, 2015

kamran9558 , Jul 31, 2015 :
    I agree with the community part but I guess they need to manage expectations with regards to the awful invite system tbh.

t4ww4b likes this.
  20. EpicSwirly
    Lollipop Jul 31, 2015