I dont want to be mean here

1. slushee Eclair Jun 26, 2014

slushee, Jun 26, 2014 :
    but i really wanted to let you guys know at OPO that you lost a customer.

I waited. I really did. I've followed your progress for months as i suffered with my Galaxy S II which i've had to unlock and flash with unofficial CM 10.2. It works good but its laggy and the battery lasts 2 hours. And it is prone to overheating.

So I waited.

Welp, the Google I/O came and went. No new nexus. quite alternatively they used the Nexus 5 as a sort of benchmark for the proceedings. And, then they announced Nexus mirroring to TV via the Chromecast.

That was it. The nexus 5 was available and in stock last night (32 gig). The chromecast was available and in stock (with $25 extra play store credit). So i couldn't wait anymore.

I would have used your device happily for a number of years, as I can be quite the loyal customer. But you waited too long. And I know all about being a fledgling company and all of the other reasons why. I just wanted you to know that regardless of what happened on your end. You lost a customer.

I dont know if you need to find a different way to release phones, or maybe find someone within the industry that can better predict stock levels. But, well. Had you released an invite to me before the Google I/O i would have gone with you. But you didn't. I think that ultimately releaseing your phone to the general public after the Google I/O will end up loosing more customers.

Good luck. And I hope your product does shake up the industry.

I'll check you guys out in another two years when i'm ready to upgrade.

-Flame Suit On-

o2c, Lunatico, Marianape and 16 others like this.
  2. shangyilim Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 26, 2014

shangyilim, Jun 26, 2014 :
    its okay. sad to see you leave. keep in touch with the forums and always keep a watchful eye on your emails. you might get an invite

3. theacer Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 26, 2014

Axara, Azulwerx, StessT and 5 others like this.
  4. Milad Lollipop Jun 26, 2014

Milad, Jun 26, 2014 :
    Most People also feel like this. But then again they feel like they have already spend too much time on this forum to throw it all away.

Intertidal, kerryman, rmontes and 4 others like this.
  5. Hanson Lee Marshmallow Community Expert Jun 26, 2014

Dexter Morgan and dabadin like this.
  6. warrior_scholar Honeycomb Jun 26, 2014

warrior_scholar, Jun 26, 2014 :
    Agreed on all acounts - sorry to hear but if I wasn't off contract and in more desperate need of a phone I'd have jump ship long ago. You gotta do what you gotta do - take it easy and like folks said, keep an eye on your emails, you never know when hell will finally freeze over.

dabadin likes this.
  7. MrFingerIII Lollipop Jun 26, 2014

MrFingerIII, Jun 26, 2014 :
    Exactly I am too involved to stop now

I had someone tell me if i spent as much time flipping burgers then being on this forum I could buy both phones (IDIOT) why do people make statements with no proof and just say random dumbness

Anyway I wanted to laugh so hard I work as a Nurse Nightshift I don't have to explain my social status to anyone people need to get a fking clue on here I could spend a whole day on here that's my business at the end of the day what you eat don't make me shit so why even say anything lol

@Milad You understand though when you put time into something don't be a ***** and quit follow it through lol

8. jeff_dunn Honeycomb Jun 26, 2014

jeff_dunn, Jun 26, 2014 :
    Waiting is really hard and I have considered jumping to the Nexus 5 a few times already. I really think that there will be a Nexus 6 this year though so I am waiting for that.

keithnyc likes this.
  9. hunter0389 Honeycomb Jun 26, 2014

10. phillipreece Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 26, 2014

phillipreece, Jun 26, 2014 :
    Your flame suit is no good here. Go be a dick elsewhere! lol :D

11. peggman Gingerbread Jun 26, 2014

12. hhumas Donut Jun 26, 2014

13. furyland Honeycomb Jun 26, 2014

14. ardian Gingerbread Jun 26, 2014

ardian, Jun 26, 2014 :
    When u get an invite don't give it away because when u will want to upgrade in 2 years from now u will need that invite. Just a little advice ^o^

CyberKnet likes this.
  15. brolaire Honeycomb Jun 26, 2014

16. K.P. Smith Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 26, 2014

K.P. Smith, Jun 26, 2014 :
    The N5 is amazing. The chromecast is equally amazing. win/win for you. Enjoy the new toys.

hunter0389 likes this.
  17. slayerking Honeycomb Jun 26, 2014

slayerking, Jun 26, 2014 :
    Good post, I feel many people will execute a similar path to yourself. I myself will more than likely be going the same route, I just have a little bit more time to wait. I NEED a new phone by the end of July. If no invite comes my way in time to get one by then, it will more than likely be a Nexus 5 I go with.
    Enjoy your phone.

18. mattc Jelly Bean Jun 26, 2014

mattc, Jun 26, 2014 :
    Definitely not being a dick there, there is some much time you can wait for based on needs. Enjoy the Nexus 5, good phone to have!

19. yaltis Jelly Bean Jun 26, 2014

yaltis, Jun 26, 2014 :
    Hanson love, why you are always ungry?
    [​IMG]

Dexter Morgan likes this.
  20. sumanth94 Froyo Jun 26, 2014

sumanth94, Jun 26, 2014 :
    Congrats on your new phone. My girlfriend has that phone and she loves it. Can't go wrong with the Nexus 5