I got an invite but i'm afraid to buy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrJMun
    KitKat Aug 27, 2014

DrJMun , Aug 27, 2014 :
    I've had no issues with mine (so far). No yellow screen. I am concerned about some of the problems I've been reading and OPO's POOR customer support. They're obviously too busy making them and dont have the resources to fix them. However, it seems if they just communicated more it'd go a long way.

2. IWantOneNow
    KitKat Aug 27, 2014

IWantOneNow , Aug 27, 2014 :
    In don't have a camera on me atm. The only way it will show up in a picture is if I take it in a really dark room

3. milsau19
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 27, 2014

milsau19 , Aug 27, 2014 :
    I am sorry about the problems you are facing, but to be honest, every phones have some or the other issues...its just that, either you make a decision and buy the phone or you live in the constant dilemma of the possibility of buying one...you bought the phone and were disappointed doesn't mean that others would be disappointed too..also i might have have been a little off about the figures but the ratio of people complaining to those who bought the phone is quite low!

4. jazdevi
    Froyo Aug 27, 2014

jazdevi , Aug 27, 2014 :
    No, but I'm member 193419 and I have a OPO on the way.

Member number is just that. A number. It doesn't decide when you get an invite. :)
    Keep his hope up.

5. darthliquor
    Honeycomb Aug 27, 2014

darthliquor , Aug 27, 2014 :
    Nope, some people with an august batch got it as well.

charliechrap likes this.
  6. zhang33319
    Froyo Aug 27, 2014

7. And1-2k20

8. markburns84
    Honeycomb Aug 27, 2014

markburns84 , Aug 27, 2014 :
    Total bollocks. Much more than that. I bought 2 phones, both had yellow screens.

9. ironmarley
    Cupcake Aug 27, 2014

ironmarley , Aug 27, 2014 :
    give it to me please !

10. henry535
    Gingerbread Aug 27, 2014

henry535 , Aug 27, 2014 :
    you just said "i need to buy soon before it expires". you know you want the phone. just get it!

11. ramenezes
    Froyo Aug 27, 2014

12. fishmd
    Gingerbread Aug 27, 2014

fishmd , Aug 27, 2014 :
    I decided to give OnePlus a try and bought it. Got it in less than a week from ordering with an invite. Really great shipping. I love the way the phone looks and I like Cyanogenmod.

Only bad thing is I got a phone that did not work out of the box. Lol. Volume button both up and down does nothing. So here I am complaining away.

Actually, to be honest with you it really would not be that big a deal, but I am now seeing the customer service side of things (or total lack thereof) and this is what is bothering me and slowly each day turning me off of this phone. Sigh.

I honestly think that probably a majority of the phones are good, and people are enjoying them. I just ended up being one of the unlucky ones. I just hope their customer service steps it up big time here as that would help out a lot.

13. Lindzon
    Cupcake Aug 27, 2014

Lindzon , Aug 27, 2014 :
    Pretty much every smart phone I've owned provided some sort of annoyance/something to complain about; but they never ruin the phone for me. I'm lucky I have unlimited data because the WiFi stopped working on my Samsung GS4 (even after a factory reset). Anyhow, the issues I've heard of for the One seem pretty minimal. I don't own one but a friend of mine does and it's pretty impressive in person. I'd go for it. If I get a chance at an invite I'm going to buy it. My boyfriend is waiting for one too. Like other posters have said you can always sell it if it doesn't work out. Congrats on the invite!

14. yotam_dobrin
    Jelly Bean Aug 27, 2014

yotam_dobrin , Aug 27, 2014 :
    Most new orders come from batches that don't have the yellow screen problem. If you don't want to buy the phone, make sure to give it to someone you know or share it on the forums

15. rockmerejects
    Froyo Aug 27, 2014

16. taylor_92
    Gingerbread Aug 27, 2014

17. charliechrap
    Froyo Aug 27, 2014

charliechrap , Aug 27, 2014 :
    Hey...first off I'd tell ya, I don't think they give people invites just for their birthdays :D More likely is that you probably took part in the Summer Shots contest and won an invite...apparently they sent the winning invites yesterday, at the time you got yours. In any case, congrats!

I have an OPO, using it for about a month now. Mine's not exactly free of issues though (unfortunately). Mainly, it has a yellow band (although subtle), and somehow the battery life isn't that great (as compared to what people are saying here). But it's still worth it for me, and I'm happy with it. Everyone's got their own view though, some will really expect to have a flawless phone, some are happy to overlook these issues.

If you ask me, I'd say go for it, chances are that it'll be good enough to be a keeper, even with these little issues ;) It is quite a fantastic phone. But as I mentioned, everyone has a kinda different threshold for issues so perhaps you should think about how much it might bother you...

18. Pekeltje
    Gingerbread Aug 27, 2014

Pekeltje , Aug 27, 2014 :
    You will regret it if you dont order it.
    Really, its a amazing phone and cheap for the given specs.

19. Suzmaduz

Suzmaduz , Aug 27, 2014 :
    Fact is that they sold left-over defective screens just to save costs. Short and simple those of us who got it, got the finger. Although sunlight has helped the issue a bit, it shouldn't have been there in the first place

20. n19htmare
    Jelly Bean Aug 27, 2014

n19htmare , Aug 27, 2014 :
    If this is your FIRST smartphone, you don't want it to be the Oneplus one. Get something you will have support with locally.

Lot of people here will offer bias advice and tell you to just buy it. But it's not all about specs. The software is still beta in my opinion, and service is none. So don't have the first smartphone be a bad experience.

Trust me on this one.

darthliquor and oneminus1 like this.