I Got My One (thousandth post)!

1. applepiezz25
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 23, 2014

applepiezz25 , Jul 23, 2014 :
    (9/1/14): WHO WANTS INVITES? I'll probs choose from a commenter or whatever so chyea. It'd also be nice if you read my review too. Many tanks.

Hey guys, today marks exactly 2 months since I joined the forum (May 23, 2014).
    This post also marks my 1,000th post on the forum.
    Most importantly, today marks the day I got my OPO!

I would like to thank @pawv , my family, my friends, and most importantly: the fans.

lol but no really thank so you so much @pawv for the invite I don't know when I would have got this phone otherwise.

I will update this with a more indepth review soon, but just some basic information and most importants:

OnePlus One Sandstone Black 64 GB - $349.00
    Charger US - $0.00
    Flip Cover (White) - $14.99

Shipping & Handling (Standard - only choice, but it turned out to be 2-day Priority so I'm not complaining)- $11.99

Total - $375.98

Invite Received: 7/17/14 ~2:50pm EST
    Phone Purchased: 7/17/14 ~3:10pm EST
    Pending Shipment 7/17/14 ~3:10pm EST
    Processing 7/18/14 ~10:10am EST (not even 24 hours!!!!!)
    Completed 7/21/14 ~7:40am EST
    USPS Processed through facility (City of Industry, CA) 7/21/14 ~8:20pm EST
    USPS Package received (Maryland) 7/23/14 ~3:28pm EST

No yellow screen, 50% battery when I turned it on, OTA update when connected to wifi and made my accounts, 4G and LTE after I restarted the phone, nothing has crashed so far. The packaging, the phone, the case, everything is gorgeous.

Update (7/23/14 a couple hours after using the phone a bit):

This is my first review-type thing, so any suggestions other than suggesting me to give you an invite are gladly accepted. :)

For reference:
    Network: T-Mobile
    Experience: mostly iOS, but used Android (minimally) on a Nexus 7 (2012) which drew me into getting an Android phone

Packaging: Excellent. Again, there are endless unboxing's, but there really is nothing like getting it and opening it yourself.

Build: Excellent. The sandstone black is really indescribable. The closest way I've heard it described was like a "very fine sandpaper". Very solid, nice firm buttons, eh not much to say.

Software: Cannot comment on much, as it is my first time using Cyanogenmod, but so far I have not encountered any errors, glitches, or bugs.
    Two things I would like to point out are about the capacitive keys and the knock on/off feature.
    I read a lot about how the capacitive keys weren't bright enough, but there really isn't a point for them to be brighter than they are now. They are bright enough so that you can see where they are in light and at night, but not too bright to distract you. I mean in my opinion, as long as you know where they are and know what they do, do they really need to be that bright (if that makes sense)?
    Regarding the knock on/off feature, I thought I'd also be bothered by how you can only double tap the status bar to turn off, but it makes sense and it really isn't that hard to adjust to.

Vibration: This is probably my only issue with this phone. The vibration (for texts and calls) is so soft that I usually miss my all of them when it is in my pocket, but the only way I am able to reply to them in a timely manner is because I cannot get enough of the gorgeous screen.

Accessories: Be aware that the cord is a little difficult to plug into both the phone and the AC adapter, but, as other people noted, these things, like many other things in life, get looser and easier to plug in with time.
    In my opinion, the flip case I ordered is amazing. It looks sort of like a faux leather, but it is fairly smooth. It's not so smooth that you will drop it, but like a perfect in-between. It is very minimal, with the only marking of any sort being a OP logo at the bottom right hand corner of the front. There is no magnet on the case, but it shuts when you need it to and opens when you need it to. When I put on and removed the case a couple times, it did not damage or scratch the phone in any way. There are pictures attached of the case below (taken from an iPhone 4s so sorry about the quality).

Battery: I received the OPO with exactly 50% battery and used it till it was about 40% before I plugged it in. After it got to 100%, I pulled it out and so far I am at 2hr 40m with 1hr 25m screen on time with 85% battery. In my world, I think that's pretty awesome.

RhinoShield (8/1/14):
    Why buy: OPO parts will be hard to come by. If your screen is cracked you'll be in for another ride. Very strong, thin, no affect on touch.

Why not: $25 bucks (without shipping cost) for a screen protector, two dust removers, and a microfiber cloth. The protector fits like perfectly on the screen, so if you miss by likes millimeter and that type of stuff bothers you... Uh have fun

Worth noting (8/1/14): Battery lasts the whole day everyday, but I'm getting inconsistent results day by day.

Updates (8/22/14): Battery is not holding up great in the past two OTA updates... Lasts a day but it cuts it really close. I used to be able to push it to last 2 whole days

Updates (9/1/14): The battery has been pretty ugly.. maybe getting like 2 hours of on screen time and 20 hours of total(?) time. I have reset the phone and I shall see how that goes. On a brighter note, I have invites to give out!!

This phone was most definitely worth the wait.

um well that is all for now. if anyone has any questions, concerns, suggestions, hate mail, all that, reply to this thread or PM me if that's your thing.

If you've made it this far, here's a sticker to put on your name tag.

@pawv is the best

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014

2. Dexter Morgan
    Lollipop Community Expert Jul 23, 2014

ampbell88, tmand6, Jeffr0 and 3 others like this.
  3. Vaxine
    Gingerbread Jul 23, 2014

ampbell88 and applepiezz25 like this.
  4. brittonraya
    Lollipop Jul 23, 2014

5. domi39
    KitKat Jul 23, 2014

domi39 , Jul 23, 2014 :
    i ordered on the 21 and on the 22 they shipped it

6. JDM
    Honeycomb Jul 23, 2014

7. garrickchan

garrickchan , Jul 23, 2014 :
    Congrats on getting the phone! I'm sure you will enjoy it very much. Congrats on your 1000th post too! Hopefully, one day I will be as lucky as you!

ampbell88, faten9 and applepiezz25 like this.
  8. Zarin1480
    Honeycomb Jul 23, 2014

Zarin1480 , Jul 23, 2014 :
    Awesome. Enjoy the phone. Would love to hear your opinion on the case, as I've never really been a case fan, but have considered it...

9. TakeMyMoney
    KitKat Jul 23, 2014

TakeMyMoney , Jul 23, 2014 :
    lOl

Nice one. And congrats.

ampbell88, YKK and applepiezz25 like this.
  10. mmelbs
    Donut Jul 23, 2014

mmelbs , Jul 23, 2014 :
    So... I only have 983 posts to go until I get my invite?

Now accepting applicants to post in this forum in my behalf.

11. Shabalaboloo
    Gingerbread Jul 23, 2014

12. Sherwadoor
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2014

13. PDbPP
    Gingerbread Jul 23, 2014

PDbPP , Jul 23, 2014 :
    grats! thanks for putting the timeline up too, it gives other users a baseline to reference their order against.

14. Roxim5
    Eclair Jul 23, 2014

15. misfit7
    Gingerbread Jul 23, 2014

16. Vishwa HM
    Gingerbread Jul 23, 2014

17. epricho8585
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2014

ampbell88 likes this.
  18. Jerzyk
    Honeycomb Jul 23, 2014

Jerzyk , Jul 23, 2014 :
    I'm proud of you.

19. applepiezz25

ampbell88 likes this.
  20. applepiezz25
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 24, 2014

applepiezz25 , Jul 24, 2014 :
    Um I didn't want to put the case on it either but if the screen breaks or anything I'm blown so the case is slick, minimal, and perfectly matches the whole one plus look but again I should have pictures up later for you to judge for yourself

ampbell88 likes this.