I got RCS/Chat for like a second

1. itsmichaelmurphy
    Donut Oct 22, 2019

itsmichaelmurphy , Oct 22, 2019 :
    I have the T-Mobile variant which I converted to the International ROM using the method that does not require the bootloader to be unlocked. I am running the open beta of 9.0.17. I went to check if I have Chat features yet and it worked for like a second! I turned the toggle on, went back, clicked chat features again and now it says it's not available for my device. Maybe it was just a glitch, but look at the screenshot I attached! My hopes were so high and now I'm just upset again. Will I ever get Chat features? Who am I waiting on? Google? OnePlus? T-Mobile?

Attached Files:

2. ironass
    Lollipop Oct 22, 2019

ironass , Oct 22, 2019 :
    RCS/Chat features are working great for the last 3+ months on Google Messages in the U.K. and France thanks to Google bypassing the carriers. However, the worldwide roll out does appear to have stalled slightly. A Google SVP has openly blamed some U.S. carriers for holding up a U.S. roll out. For more info see... RCS messaging rolling out worldwide'

It looks as though the roll out has begun in the U.S. judging from this thread... RCS finally available for Global variant in the US :D

Bilalazeem54 and Kytharsis like this.