Cupcake Aug 1, 2014

3. Pak Zhou
    Froyo Aug 1, 2014

Pak Zhou , Aug 1, 2014 :
    I need one badly stuck on sony erricsson walkman

4. sixiangpoker
    Froyo Aug 1, 2014

sixiangpoker , Aug 1, 2014 :
    Hi My name is Kenny. I am looking for invite so i can get this phone. This will be my first phone so i cant wait

5. jenst
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2014

6. Brook
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2014

nem3sis likes this.
  7. nem3sis
    Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2014

8. vfortega
    Eclair Aug 1, 2014

vfortega , Aug 1, 2014 :
    i like peanuts!

9. npatelli96
    Honeycomb Aug 1, 2014

npatelli96 , Aug 1, 2014 :
    I'm from Belgium, I already have my invitation, but it's not true for my friends who's still waiting. I could be great from you if you give me the invitation, I'll give it to my friend. Thanks

10. nem3sis
    Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2014

nem3sis , Aug 1, 2014 :
    Change your avatar to a filly pony ™ xD

Brook likes this.
  11. dineshmanocha
    Donut Aug 1, 2014

12. yriver2012
    Donut Aug 1, 2014

yriver2012 , Aug 1, 2014 :
    thanks for sharing

13. Brook
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2014

Brook , Aug 1, 2014 :
    Done! Hahaha

nem3sis likes this.
  14. hazemiali
    Eclair Aug 1, 2014

hazemiali , Aug 1, 2014 :
    Hi! I would like to renew my phone because the current on is already 5 years old. I would appreciate sending me an invitation to enjoy the high performance with a reasonable cheap price. Thanks.

15. nem3sis
    Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2014

nem3sis , Aug 1, 2014 :
    I knew rainbows coming from there. :)

Brook likes this.
  16. DraconicDon
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2014

DraconicDon , Aug 1, 2014 :
    I'm a CS student with a focus in robotics using a four year old phone. I'm looking to trade up to something that I can use in the lab and in school.

17. Unfou
    Froyo Aug 1, 2014

18. hamude1996
    Eclair Aug 1, 2014

19. Jarotom
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2014

20. Spherical
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2014

Spherical , Aug 1, 2014 :
    You want to know about me? Why, that's quite flattering, although I'm afraid I'm not the most interesting of people to talk about.

Ahem.

Instead of telling you about boring details like my location, age and occupation, how about I tell you a little story of my first job I've had years ago. Yes, yes, I know, boring as well, but hear me out. It's somewhat... amusing.

So, yes. First job ever. I somehow got myself to speak to one of the big cheeses over in the media here. He runs several radio stations and was going to set up the (then) first HD news station. Of course, this meant building up an entire studio with extremely expensive studio cameras. In fact, they were actually robotic cameras (on wheels), which were programmed to move and such, but that's something for later.

In order to get accepted into the company, the guy gave me a task. Go into the cellar (where some of the tech officers were), get the big slab that was the teletext server and set it up.

Uh... okay... I mean, I was 20ish at the time and fairly technical. But a teletext server? Seriously?

Well, at that point my hopes were fairly dashed. But I persisted and decided to give it a go. Right. So, first thing's first. Booting the thing up (and connecting it to the peripherals), it seemed to boot into some kind of a DOS-like environment. All right! So we need to install an OS first, right?

Yes - off I go, happy as anything, reformatting the drive and installing Windows on it.

And then the horror... In my endless brilliance, I wanted to find more on the teletext server and its workings, so I went to the manufacturer's site and tried prying some information from them. Turns out, the DOS-like environment was indeed DOS! Not only that but it included the built-in software that powered the whole thing and the teletext.

.. and I've just WIPED it all.

Long story short, with far more luck than brains, the person who developed these servers was in the country (and I'm in a small country), was my fellow countryman and I actually got his phone number. So, he came over, reinstalled the thing and rescued me from a big embarrassment.

In the end, I figured out how to work the teletext server and run it.

I got the job. Happy end?

Not exactly. I left the job about a year later because everyone was like a catatonic zombie and I felt like jumping off a bridge (not literally, ha) every time I was going home.

There. My pathetic, grovelling attempt at getting an invite from you. ;)

wh4ts3rn4m3 likes this.