I have the OP2 for almost 24h (Belgium)

1. jtalexandre
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 22, 2015

jtalexandre , Aug 22, 2015 :
    Hi all,

So, after receiving the invite on August 19th that I won via the #WWYDFT2 contest with the 'Shoot my phone' song (staff picks), I've ordered the OP2 along with some goodies on that same day.

It was shipped from the UK on August 20th and arrived at my door via DHL Express yesterday (August 21st) shortly after 10 AM CEST, which was pretty fast in my opinion. I paid 5 extra EUR in comparison to the normal shipping offered by DHL but it paid off.

Here is what I got:

- OnePlus 2 64GB
    - OnePlus 2 Tempered Glass Screen Protector
    - OnePlus USB Type C- Adapter
    - One Plus 2 Translucent Gray Case

[​IMG]

Firing up
    I fired up the OP2 already with my SIM card on it (only one for the moment even thought I will be using 2 in the future) and the battery was at 84% if the memory doesn't fail me.

The first bump I got into was on the initial connection to my home wireless connection. The OP2 quickly detected and connected to the network but for some reason it kept showing a message stating it was still checking something. This lasted for quite a few minutes, even the OP2 started to show "Taking to long? Try a different network". I only have one connection at home so I decided to skip that step and when I got onto the home screen the connection was running with no problem, so don't know what happened there.

I am coming from an iPhone, so what I did to transfer my contacts was enter my iCloud, save all the contacts in a .vcf file (vCard) and load the file into my Google contacts. I did this one day before receiving the phone. So when I fired up the OP2 the contacts were already there. Sweet and easy.

By the way, I still haven't received the OTA update, so my OP2 is still running on Oxygen 2.0.0.

Get that screen protector on
    After installing the first apps (will go there in a minute) I installed the Tempered Glass Screen Protector. The process is quite easy. Just don't forget to remove the pre-installed screen protector and to do it slowly and in a clean place. People tend to to things to fast when they have a new toy.

Cover your baby
    Next step? Well, not so much of an installation here, but I covered the beauty with the Translucent Gray Case. Even though I like the feel of the Sandstone Black I want to get an extra protection for the OP2. I decided not to go for the flip cover since I like to have the screen at sight next to me on my desk. That way I can see the LED notifications a simple double tap to wake lets me see the sceen. Also, with the finger print scanner you are one finger away from "the world". The flip cover screws up that experience. Only my opinion of course.

One of the first things I noticed is that with the Translucent Gray Case on the acess to the alert slider is a little bit more difficult. Nothing to worry about. It is just a matter of getting used to it on how to reach it. I was using more nail at first but for me it actual works better if I go there with my thumb.

As you can see, on the alert slider side there is only a hole that lets you acess the slider. On the other side you have actual buttons on the cover that when pressed make contact with the phone buttons.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Show time!
    Getting back to play with the phone, the fingerprint configuration was pretty straight forward. Since you can add up to 5 different fingers I went with both my thumbs and index fingers. That leaves me space to add one of my toes at a later stage...

So far so good. I would say the phone recognizes the finger around 90% of the time which works fine for me. Even when it doesn't I try another of my saved fingerprints and it goes in with no problem. I came to the conclusion that for me the best is to use my right thumb slightly on the side. So here it also comes down to getting used to it. I you see it is not working I would say try to delete and save that finger again and save it in the position like you would normally unlock it. If this still doesn't work, well, go wash your hands.

I have installed a bunch of apps (social messaging bla bla, a couple of games, financial stuff, weather widget, etc.). Not going into detail there, but feel free to ask and I might answer if I am not busy just looking at my new beauty.

Cutting it short since this is already going quite long, from the morning when I received the phone until around 8PM I drained all the battery (remember it arrived with 84%). This doesn't shock me at all. I mean, I literally spent the day attached to the phone:
    - installing all of my apps or most of them
    - tried briefly the 4K video and took a couple of pictures (really briefly, no conclusions yet for the camera other than it is way better than the one I used to take the pictures for this thread)
    - played Real Racing 3 for about 5 minutes (this game is quite heavy, the performance was smooooooooooth) and Angy Birds 2 for another 5 or so
    - the screen brightness was at middle point and there is no need for that
    - I spent around 10/15 minutes on calls (only 2 calls actually)
    - what else? well, basically I gave this OP2 one hell of a day.

After draining the battery I plugged it in in to charge but I continued to use it a little bit 'cause I was chating with friends via Whatsupp and FB Messenger.

I will of course see in the upcoming days, but considering that I used the phone as I did it does not surprise me at all that the battery went down like it did. I am not going to give this kind of use to the OP2 on a daily basis otherwise my company would fire me for not working at all...

I went along with playing / using the phone after the full charge (I would say it took more than 2 hours, but I was using it at the same time and really didn't count it) and went to bed at around 1AM. This morning I wook up at 7h30AM and the battery was at 67%. No surprise for me there and on top of it I am still using Oxygen 2.0.0

Here is a picture (very bad one taken with an iPhone 4S) of the OP2 this morning after a nice sleep, well covered up with the Translucent Gray Case and the Tempered Glass Screen Protector.

Morning baby! Lets drain that battery one more time! Haha. :D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015

2. Wrighty
    Jelly Bean Aug 22, 2015

m40sur, redindian13, crist125 and 3 others like this.
  3. tk21089
    Donut Aug 22, 2015

m40sur and jtalexandre like this.
  4. suhask83
    Gingerbread Aug 22, 2015

suhask83 , Aug 22, 2015 :
    Congrats njoy u deserve it bro

5. antunDuranec
    Gingerbread Aug 22, 2015

6. Chongchiyip
    Gingerbread Aug 22, 2015

7. Steven Jennings
    Donut Aug 22, 2015

8. yorgo67
    Froyo Aug 22, 2015

9. suhask83
    Gingerbread Aug 22, 2015

suhask83 , Aug 22, 2015 :
    Please share performance and update us regularly that wud be great and thnkful:)

10. jizang
    Lollipop Aug 22, 2015

m40sur likes this.
  11. xMadingx
    Honeycomb Aug 22, 2015

xMadingx , Aug 22, 2015 :
    Nice story, habe fünf with your New device :)
    Still waiting for an invite

12. Kaven
    Honeycomb Aug 22, 2015

Kaven , Aug 22, 2015 :
    NICE ONE BRO! I am waiting to get my hands on mine very soon!

13. sleepdragonone
    KitKat Aug 22, 2015

sleepdragonone , Aug 22, 2015 :
    You missed your middle.fingers. other wise it works. Flawlessly........hehe

m40sur, pa5t1s and jtalexandre like this.
  14. upadhayaprashant
    Honeycomb Aug 22, 2015

15. Xtrme Q
    Honeycomb Aug 22, 2015

m40sur, p1lot1, GdoubleN and 2 others like this.
  16. vanengelandt
    Gingerbread Aug 22, 2015

17. sofie.teppers
    Gingerbread Aug 22, 2015

m40sur, p1lot1 and jtalexandre like this.
  18. israfild
    Gingerbread Aug 22, 2015

israfild , Aug 22, 2015 :
    Hey Congratulations!!!

Just a quick query...

anything on the heating issue???

I a waiting for my invite so doing some research in the time i have...

m40sur likes this.
  19. jultjeboy
    Gingerbread Aug 22, 2015

20. Hamade
    Honeycomb Aug 22, 2015

Hamade , Aug 22, 2015 :
    I really enjoyed reading your review, looking forward for your next future reviews for the phone, thanks for sharing your thoughts.

m40sur, pa5t1s and jtalexandre like this.