I jsut want to play UHD 4K Files in my 4K TV, why is that so hard?

1. smit.shah027
    Froyo Dec 9, 2019

smit.shah027 , Dec 9, 2019 :
    I really wanna thank the staff for bringing in the Update which solved quite a few issues and brought in Netflix as well.

My main issue with the TV is that i am unable to play downloaded UHD 4K .mkv Files on the TV (50+ Gigs), the default player is quite useless, VLC and MX Pro are not able to play such files without stuttering quite healvily.

I also have Kodi with real debrid premium account and serene, and 100mbps connection, but even then i cannot play 40+ Gig files, but i guess thats not entirely the TV's fault as it could be the server limitation from where i am streaming the files.

The Main issue is with my external hard disk (i have tried with 2 different one), USB 3.0, but no matter what i've tried, i cannot play the files on any media player without constant stuttering (I have tried multiple files, X264, X265, Remux Versions) nothing works.

So to recap, i cannot stream 4K UHD Files, and i cannot play them through the HDD, so what other options do i have? I am willing to try anything at this point.

Again, i want to make it clear, i am only talking about UHD 4K (HDR and Non HDR) 50+ Gig movie files and/or 5+ Gig Files Per Episode.

Venky61 and Starcommander like this.
  2. Angela C.
    OnePlus TV Multimedia Leader Staff Member Dec 9, 2019

Angela C. , Dec 9, 2019 :
    Thank you very much for your feedback! Could you help to capture a video about this problem. This will be helpful for us to analyze this problem.And how many video files in the directory where you can't play the videos?

Starcommander likes this.
  3. smit.shah027
    Froyo Dec 10, 2019

smit.shah027 , Dec 10, 2019 :
    Hey, i am not sure what you mean by "How many video files in the directory where you can't play the videos?"

And about capturing the problems about stuttering on video, i am uploading 3 Files here:-
    1. Video 1 Shows the audio stuttering constantly and delayed subtitles in the default media player.
    2. Video 2 Shows the video stuttering like crazy and some sections have no sound at all due to the stuttering.
    3. Video 3 Shows the same video being played in VLC with no such problem.

Now there are few videos that don't even play in VLC and stutter non stop.

Do let me know if you need any further details from my side, will be happy to help however i can to resolve the issue, or find some alternative.

Video 1:- https://drive.google.com/open?id=117-TZkN7RxMLX9N4zPnrDiBFF2oVfYNX
    Video 2:- https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fcX_Z88wPDvjsDXeEHzL1uPuKQdRAi-R
    Video 3:- https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hKYYGQ09BqHwvCQnl1CcrhRjjN88xtVP

4. Angela C.
    OnePlus TV Multimedia Leader Staff Member Dec 11, 2019

Angela C. , Dec 11, 2019 :
    Thank you so much for your information.Could you help to provide the video source about this problem?And we reproduce it in our lab.

5. smit.shah027
    Froyo Dec 11, 2019

smit.shah027 , Dec 11, 2019 :
    Hey I am not sure what you mean by video source, but these are downloaded .mkv files I played through my external hdd.

6. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Dec 11, 2019

luigimario , Dec 11, 2019 :
    Hi, I guess you want to play the videos on the OPTV so my suggestion is kind of pointless. I would think the Nvidia shield would be able to play those files, but I don't know since I don't have one. Hopefully they can sort out the issues with the TV.

7. op3t_u
    Donut Dec 12, 2019

op3t_u , Dec 12, 2019 :
    Hi,
    I also see stutter 4k@30 fps and also frame loss for 4k@60 while streaming 4k videos on Prime and Youtube. And it seems a common issue on OnePlus TV, processor are not capable enough!

But What I have observed VLC can stream 4k@25 fps very well just make sure to turn off subtitles as otherwise vlc stutter with subtitles.

I had not tried playing using usb storage, as its really difficult to insert usb in wall mounted tv. So, what I did is I created a smb share on my laptop and stream it via vlc. you should also try it.

8. smit.shah027
    Froyo Dec 12, 2019

smit.shah027 , Dec 12, 2019 :
    Hey, i have already considered that option, but the Shield TV is crazy expensive here, and i simply don't understand why i need to shell out 400$ more for something the One Plus TV should be able to do natively.

I have this sinking feeling the more i use the One Plus TV that the buyers of the 1st Gen One Plus TV have ended up being unwitting beta testers for an unfinished product.

9. smit.shah027
    Froyo Dec 12, 2019

Thanks for the details, but my point is, Playing through the 3.0 HDD should be BETTER than streaming, playing 4K UHD/HDR High Quality videos through a 3.0 HDD should not be an issue on a 2019 TV which costs 70000 and has the one plus brand.

10. op3t_u
    Donut Dec 12, 2019

op3t_u , Dec 12, 2019 :
    I understand your point, playing through 3.0 hdd should work better but that's not working for you. So you must try streaming using vlc over local http or smb share and see if it works. If it does not work, there might be some issue with your tv and you should open support ticket for it.

11. smit.shah027
    Froyo Dec 12, 2019

Thanks for the help, but if you ask me not being able to play thorugh HDD is already grounds of great annoyance for me and should warrant some kind of return of replacement, TBH i love the TV, i love the Look, the size, the Interface, but if i could, i would return the TV in an instant and go something like Samsung or Sony, even if i have to shell a bit extra.

On another note, how do i open a support ticket?

12. Angela C.
    OnePlus TV Multimedia Leader Staff Member Dec 13, 2019

Angela C. , Dec 13, 2019 :
    smit.shah027 Thank you very much for your information.
    ==>This video show 2 problem:audio stuttering and subtitle not sync.
    Audio stuttering:Could you tell me the audio codec?Is it ac3,eac3,or other? Or you can send me the link of your source,we reproduce it in our lab and analyze this problem.
    Subtitle not sync:We have resolved this problem and release it in the next version.

==> Did you occur this problem always? Could you restart the TV to recover when this problem occurred?If it alway,can you provide the link of your Video Source?

At last , thank you very much again and looking forward to your reply.

Venky61 likes this.
  13. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Dec 18, 2019

Venky61 , Dec 18, 2019 :
    True that...Playing 4K files from local storage is a pain. Many file formats are not supported well. Kodi is the only Player I could find playing large files smoothly without an issue but it doesn't support Dolby Audio or Vision which is again kind of why many users want to play those large 4K files on the TV.

Catherine W. likes this.
  14. Angela C.
    OnePlus TV Multimedia Leader Staff Member Dec 23, 2019

Angela C. , Dec 23, 2019 :
    smit.shah027 Thank you very much for your information.
    ==>This video show 2 problem:audio stuttering and subtitle not sync.
    (1)Audio stuttering:Your audio codec is DD+.We have resolved this problem and release it in the next version.
    (2)Subtitle not sync:We have resolved this problem and release it in the next version.

==> We are analyzing this problem. When you meeting this problem,restart the tv can resolve it .

At last , thank you very much again.