I lost photos and videos

1. Helga63
    Eclair Oct 24, 2021

Helga63 , Oct 24, 2021 :
    Last week I had to say goodbye to my dearest dog. I made many photos and videos in his last days and after his death.

But much to my shock on day later I didn't see my photos and videos anymore on my phone.

I am certain and convinced that I did not delete them. They were on my phone, I've seen them in the gallery. And deleting approx 40 photos and videos, made on two different days, is not something you do easily without noticing, by mistake.

Thankfully I had them uploaded to Google, but ofcourse not in the original resolution.

Does anybody know what could have happened and have any tips where I could find photos and videos next time whenever this might occur again?

Because I want to prevent this horror in the future if ever I have photos or videos that are very important to me.

Thanks for any help.

2. hbk1402
    KitKat Oct 24, 2021

hbk1402 , Oct 24, 2021 :
    Do you have kids in home? By any chance they have accidentally deleted it?

Though if it is accidentally deleted, you can find it under recently deleted foldet

Also, better to take regular backup on the disk/laptop, cloud. So you can restore them back.

Also, better to have photos archived to Google photos so they stay in your Google account.

Tokolozi likes this.
  3. Helga63
    Eclair Oct 24, 2021

Helga63 , Oct 24, 2021 :

4. Swejuggalo
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Oct 24, 2021

Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 9 Pro Morning Mist , Oct 24, 2021 :
    Have you checked with a other gallery app? Stock Gallery app has been glitchy for some with temporary lost photos. So there is a good chance they are not really lost.
    Tried a reboot?
    Personally I use Onedrive. 1TB of media and photos and some important files.
    Only downside... All the crap I delete and don't want anymore I need to delete twice 🤪

Tokolozi and Caomhin like this.
  5. G_plusone
    Nougat Oct 24, 2021

G_plusone , Oct 24, 2021 :
    could be the Google photos free storage option

6. hbk1402
    KitKat Oct 25, 2021

7. DileepMuvvala
    Honeycomb Oct 26, 2021