I miss my OP5T-Backside-Fingerprint-Sensor!

1. jsm
    Gingerbread Oct 25, 2019

jsm , Oct 25, 2019 :
    Not for the fingerprint, but for the gesture-function!
    On my OnePlus 5T I was able to activate the notification-slider any time, from every app, simply by sliding over the fingerprint-sensor on the backside.

This was comfortable AF!!!

Now on my OnePlus 7T Pro I have to slide it down from the top of the screen with my other hand. (when I'm not on the homescreeen, what is mostly the case)

Has anybody a better solution?

I think it would be very interesting and comfort-increasing for most users if OP would add a touch-sensitive area on the backside of the phones, especially on the bigger models.
    You could slide down for the notifications, slide to the side to switch apps...and so on.

What do you think? Am I too special or do you agree on that?

2. Budruel
    KitKat Oct 25, 2019

Budruel , Oct 25, 2019 :
    That already has it in the front

Q1588840742947 likes this.
  3. jsm
    Gingerbread Oct 25, 2019

jsm , Oct 25, 2019 :
    I made about 4 Threads in the last week and you answered on every one and not one single answer was even rudimentaly helpful!

Whats wrong with you? Do you just want to collect forum-points?

4. suku_patel_22
    Eclair Oct 25, 2019

jsm likes this.
  5. Madnezz4Ever
    Jelly Bean Oct 25, 2019

Madnezz4Ever , Oct 25, 2019 :
    That's one of the reasons I haven't upgraded from a 5T as I like having the sensor on the back. I don't use gestures.

jsm likes this.
  6. Liehjan
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus Buds Pro Community Expert Oct 25, 2019

Liehjan , Oct 25, 2019 :
    Different taste for different people, a rear mounted fingerprint is a no go for me.

Q1588840742947 and ssagheer like this.
  7. BeingIncog
    Nougat Oct 25, 2019

BeingIncog , Oct 25, 2019 :
    Same... My hand are tiny... XD

Liehjan likes this.
  8. ssagheer
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 25, 2019

ssagheer , Oct 25, 2019 :
    Same for me. I don't want to pick up my phone everytime I want to unlock it.

Q1588840742947 and Liehjan like this.
  9. jsm
    Gingerbread Oct 25, 2019

jsm , Oct 25, 2019 :
    Guys, have you read what I wrote? I didn't say I want the fingerprint sensor on the back, I said I want an additional touch sensitive surface on the back! Only for gestures!
    Especially people with small hands should benefit from that...

xnutzii and ssagheer like this.
  10. jsm
    Gingerbread Oct 25, 2019

jsm , Oct 25, 2019 :
    You didn't read or understood what I wrote...

11. jsm
    Gingerbread Oct 25, 2019

jsm , Oct 25, 2019 :
    Why? Have you read what I said? Its not about the fingerprint, its about the gestures!

12. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 Oct 25, 2019

B.I.T.S. , Oct 25, 2019 :
    I think I saw an app that allows you to slide from the bottom but you can't use the navigation gestures. Hmm I'll try to find it again and I'll let you know in case it's helpful for your use.

jsm likes this.
  13. ssagheer
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 25, 2019

ssagheer , Oct 25, 2019 :
    Yeah that would be a nice addition, but I don't think OnePlus would add a new hardware for a single feature. Additional use cases of the touch surface might convince them to do it, though.

jsm likes this.
  14. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 Oct 25, 2019

B.I.T.S. , Oct 25, 2019 :
    Found it @jsm, this one. Not sure how it works or if its any good, just saw it long ago in a YouTube video (here), and after reading your thread I recalled it. I hope it helps you :)

jsm likes this.
  15. Liehjan

Liehjan , Oct 25, 2019 :
    Some would say you get used to it, but I don't... Have been using my work phone with a fingerprint sensor on the ba
    The op6 had it on the back, but they still killed the gestures due to the size of the sensor... And I have read what you said, but I still don't have to agree that a sensor on the back is a good thing:)

16. jsm
    Gingerbread Oct 25, 2019

jsm , Oct 25, 2019 :
    So you don't want a touch-sensitive surface because the fingerprint-sensor of the OP6 is too small...

Sure, you don't have to agree, but your arguments have nothing to do with my post or my arguments for a touch-sensitive surface on the backside.
    Even if I read it off-topic, I see no connection between the size of the OP6 sensor and the notification-gesture.

17. Liehjan

Liehjan , Oct 25, 2019 :
    A touch sensitive area that isn't a fingerprint reader would be something that I could live with... But then there is the problem with cases and protection, how big would the area be?

Your idea isn't bad, a bigger touch sensitive area on the back could also be used for game input

jsm likes this.
  18. jsm
    Gingerbread Oct 25, 2019

jsm , Oct 25, 2019 :
    I think for a big premium-phone it is really a realistic thing to think about for OP.
    Its like the Alert-Slider. Exclusive and extremely useful. If the gestures would be customizable I see countless possibilitys.
    You can controll you media thats playing in the background with out switching apps, you have access to the notifications and option any time, from any place, you could use it as additional button in games, maybe scrolling in videos...
    I see it as more than just one single feature, but I understand your point and I also think it will never exist. But who knows! :)
    Maybe the could make the whole backside touch-sensitive. I think it would't be that expensive. Toch-funktion don't need big and expensive hardware.

Edit:
    F. ex. Google uses the squeeze-gesture on their Pixel Phones only to activate the assistent...they definitly need some extra hardware to do that. And its one single feature thats also redundant.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2019

ssagheer likes this.
  19. jsm
    Gingerbread Oct 25, 2019

jsm , Oct 25, 2019 :
    Good Point!
    I didn't think about that, but a area thats about 1,5x3 cm would work great for most gestures and cases could spare that out. This would also help to "find" the area with your finger without seeing it. Personal I would be satisfied with an area in the size of a fingerprint-sensor. (Like OP 5 or 6) I just want so slide up, down, left and right. This alone (maybe plus tapping) would add countless of possibilitys.

Liehjan likes this.
  20. Budruel
    KitKat Oct 25, 2019

Budruel , Oct 25, 2019 :
    I do not remember you. But if as you say I have responded in a similar way to this it would be because your threads were the same as this one.

Absurd. As I told you, what you ask for is on the screen. You ask for a touch zone in the back, so great is the nonsense you ask, that people don't even understand it.

The problem is not in me, it is in you.

9345891.gif

ApexRL and Q1588840742947 like this.