I miss my OP5T-Backside-Fingerprint-Sensor!

1. svvenn
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 25, 2019

svvenn , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Oct 25, 2019 :
    I have a rear fingerprint reader on my Galaxy work phone. I never use it to bring down the notification area. Seems useless to add this feature and increase the price for a little group of people.

Q1588840742947 and Budruel like this.

jsm likes this.
  3. jsm
    Gingerbread Oct 28, 2019

jsm , Oct 28, 2019 :
    Dude, that may be your opinion, but your personal opinion doesn't count and is completely uninteresting as long as you don't argue appropriate, what you don't. To tell people they talk nonsense is more like a poor insult...look at the other posts in this tread...you are just a troll with too much time to find a matching gif four your worthless posts.
    If you have noting better to do than react to "nonsense" Threads feel free to do so, but maybe you should think about doing something more meaningful with your lifetime.

4. StopItRawr
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 28, 2019

StopItRawr , Oct 28, 2019 :
    Agreed.

Using the gestures on the rear fingerprint scanner was quite a revelation. And there's times where I find it easier to pick up the phone and use the scanner on the back when it's in a natural position.

Ah well, the price of progress I suppose.

jsm likes this.
  5. jsm
    Gingerbread Aug 16, 2020

jsm , Aug 16, 2020 :
    FYI
    My solution for this is to set my the long press start button in the button options to my notification bar.
    Now I can swipe up my navigation bar and then long press the start/home button and see my notification/options bar.
    This is a bit more fingerwork, but this may be the best solution for me because I don't have to reach to the top of the phone. I havn't used the long press option before, so I don't have to sacrifice anything.
    I must say I'm a bit disappointet that nobody here thought of this. If this shows to be not a good solution, I will let you know.

ssagheer likes this.
  6. ssagheer
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 16, 2020

ssagheer , Aug 16, 2020 :
    It took me a while to realise which long press you are talking about.
    I think most people use gestures now and so the on-screen buttons are not an option. And that would be the reason nobody thought of it.
    But it's a nice alternate and if it works for you, that's great.

jsm likes this.
  7. VB1
    Gingerbread Aug 16, 2020

VB1 , via OnePlus 7T , Aug 16, 2020 :
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/an...p-tap-double-tap-device-gesture-t4140573/amp/
    You can use this app to use the gestures. I use double tap just for the notification panel to be accessed. It works very well. It can be configured for few more things but i use it just to access the notification panel.

jsm likes this.
  8. jsm
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2020

jsm , Aug 17, 2020 :
    Wow, that sounds like a very good solution!
    Thank you for the reply, I will check that asap!
    Theis could really be a solution able to make the touch-surface on the back obsolete for me.

VB1 likes this.
  9. jsm
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2020

jsm , Aug 17, 2020 :
    Hey thank you for the reply.
    That makes sense, at the moment I only use devices with physical buttons and Android 9 or lower, so the gestures-thing from Android 10 is something I havn't used for a while. (I sent my 7T Pro back after a few days because of a defect and stayed with my 5T)
    When my 7T Pro arrives I plan to use the gestures, as anybody does. I will have to check then if I can use my Home-Button-Method combined with gestures, but at the moment I think the solution from @VB1 is my favourite, if it will work.

10. VB1
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2020

VB1 , via OnePlus 7T , Aug 17, 2020 :
    Just give it a try(When you get your device back). The app is in alpha stage, it is what the developer says but it works very well.

jsm likes this.
  11. jsm
    Gingerbread Aug 17, 2020

jsm , Aug 17, 2020 :
    So how do you know its only a small goup who is using it? Only because you never used it is not a reason.
    With the TapTap-Feature of Android 11 there will be something similar, so I think you are completely wrong with your opinion, even if it is not relevant for you. And if you don't want to pay for sth. like that, you shouldn't buy a high-end-device at all. What do you think this feature would cost us? Maybe 2 or 5 $ more?

12. jsm
    Gingerbread Aug 19, 2020

jsm , Aug 19, 2020 :
    Hey I got my OP7T Pro yesterday and everything is already working perfect!
    After rooting I installed TapTap and it worked immediately.
    It feels extremly accurate, until now I had not one false detected tap and every single real tap worked.
    Thank you for the suggestion, I think now my device is "perfect" for me and I can use it exactly like I want.
    Now I can send my good old OP5T in retirement, without ANY drawbacks.

Thank You!

ssagheer likes this.