I shouldn’t have done it , But I did it ..And I am NOT Sorry !

1. rahul1984
    Donut Aug 21, 2015

rahul1984 , Aug 21, 2015 :
    I purchased an invite from eBay and I bought my OP2. And I am NOT sorry !
    The reason I bought Invite includes my frustration and the time bound I was to purchase this phone . I had a good offer on my old phone and he was not going to wait forever.
    I know that I can be banned to post a thread like this but this is not my real account so I don’t care.
    For the past 1 year , I have given my uncountable hours to this forum. I am close to KitKat level , my reservation list number is below 4600 and I was a loyal costumer of OPO too. Then why don’t I have an Invite ???
    The people who attended popup event are not loyal costumers and are selling invites on various websites , just because they live in the metro cities where the popup event are arranged .
    Its all about the #HYPE for OnePlus , The list of 40 Million users in 10 days .. wow ... that's all bulls#it.
    More than 80 % of the list includes fake email address created by users just to bump up the number in the reservation list .
    Now here’s what I am going to do ... I purchased an invite for a certain amount and when I receive mine I am going to sell it .. fair enough OnePlus ?
    My intensions are not to criticize anyone , nor I am giving my advice to users to do such type of thing , I am just showing my frustration against this INVITE system and I think I have the right to do that ..

2. biswas1986
    Gingerbread Aug 21, 2015

3. rahul1984
    Donut Aug 21, 2015

111.saahil and Nevabackdown like this.
  4. Nidhin Raj
    KitKat Aug 21, 2015

Nidhin Raj , Aug 21, 2015 :
    why did you do it in the first place, when you see the invites going rolling out in the coming weeks you'll regret it,

Selling is not allowed, and against, the forum rules, bhai.

that's a long way to, you're still at cupcake, but that doesn't decide whether you'll get the invite or not, the level ups are just based on the activity, and even old members who remained inactive in the forum remains at cupcake

edit : just noticed that you're using a different account, my mistake

anyway feel sorry for you with the bad experience

Last edited: Aug 21, 2015

5. sonicoindia
    Gingerbread Aug 21, 2015

sonicoindia , Aug 21, 2015 :
    that's something ...
    i agree that Invite system should be more transparent ...
    and i also agree than One Plus should have sent Physical invites to their old and loyal customers first instead of giving away invites to random persons in popup events ...

hansenvas, shoeb14, Chetzjain and 3 others like this.
  6. Dheeraj.exe
    Honeycomb Aug 21, 2015

7. rahul1984
    Donut Aug 21, 2015

rahul1984 , Aug 21, 2015 :
    Did u get invite till now ?
    Coz if u didn't i can understand the amount of ur time spend on this forum to be at Kitkat level..

111.saahil likes this.
  8. prankytoons123
    Eclair Aug 21, 2015

9. Tobikage
    Nougat Aug 21, 2015

Tobikage , Aug 21, 2015 :
    Nobody but the seller cares if you buy an invite. You just bought something that costs zero...It's your money...you should be the one to decide how you waster it.

Past one year ?? seriously ?? If you have another account , you should have posted this thread from that.[​IMG]

What you decide with your invite is your call.....sell it or whatever...nobody care's and nobodys gonna blame you if you did either.

10. biswas1986
    Gingerbread Aug 21, 2015

biswas1986 , Aug 21, 2015 :
    Aah.... so you got the card? Its a blasphemy that these guys have started illegal commercialization.
    But in the end yes its not the best system but an ideal one. You are happy at the end. Thats what matters!!! Congrats Bro!!! Enjoy the 2!!!! Cheers :)

............... shit happens .............

championspike and sonicoindia like this.
  11. skumar.mastermind
    Cupcake Aug 21, 2015

skumar.mastermind , Aug 21, 2015 :
    Guys look at Meizu MX5, looks like we will not be needed to wait in an dead loop without any updates. At least OP should have sent some updates like when we can expect invites, but looks like they are just kidding with us. Never mind but I will consider options, what is your opinion?

12. praviarva
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 21, 2015

praviarva , Aug 21, 2015 :
    I need one too. let me know if any available at similar price plz.

zahoor80 and rahul1984 like this.
  13. batranikhil
    Cupcake Aug 21, 2015

batranikhil , Aug 21, 2015 :
    Wow.. !! Seems like you got a good deal. I see on Ebay - Invites are going for as much as 6-10k ..

You got a good deal in that respect bro..!! :D:D:D

rahul1984 likes this.
  14. sandeep_khopade

sandeep_khopade , Aug 21, 2015 :
    I think you did nothing wrong. If you sell your invite then also it is fair. If somebody is to be blamed, it is OnePlus for such a non-sense system. I have seen People like you spend their hell lot of time. Is it really worth to invest your time for a phone manufacturing company? or people like you don't have anything good to do and hence spend lot of time on this forum? OnePlus needs people like you and your time to get their phone marketed free of cost. Now it is up to every individual to decide how much time they want to invest just to get a phone.

Nevabackdown, ramli7 and rahul1984 like this.
  15. prasathvishnu
    Honeycomb Aug 21, 2015

prasathvishnu , Aug 21, 2015 :
    There might be many who did this earlier, who are going to do this now, but they might be doing this silently :)

So, it is as good or bad as buying an unlocked phone from ebay India or eBay US. If it is right or wrong, it is up to you.

And, OnePlus, you are going to retain the hype by rolling out the invites as slowly as possible. That's good for your business in short run.

Your original reason for Invite System had a meaning.
    Because, as a new player sitting less on cash, you were not sure whether your inventory will get sold. So, invite system helped you ramp up the inventory gradually based on demand.

But, now, this reason does not have a point now. Because, you are no more a small player. You have sold million devices and you know the expectations on your new device.

And, obviously you know your inventory is not going to lie idle. So, this slow rolling of invites is a reason only to retain the hype.

16. theholykiller
    Cupcake Aug 21, 2015

17. rahul1984
    Donut Aug 21, 2015

18. anandyesudian

anandyesudian , Aug 21, 2015 :
    your member number is 469992 in forums.

19. rohitvylen
    Gingerbread Aug 21, 2015

rohitvylen , Aug 21, 2015 :
    I am in a point of questioning the invite system..as per the algorithm thingy it states early supporters, people purchased OPO and what not..

If you look at most of the Posts the maximum people who have just joined the forum are the ones getting the invite..so is the invite algrithim intact?

prasathvishnu likes this.
  20. fireboy
    Froyo Aug 21, 2015