OxygenOS I want those new clock styles!

1. MTakashi
    Cupcake May 30, 2020

MTakashi , May 30, 2020 :
    Hey guys!
    So my beloved OP 7T is currently updated to OxygenOS 10.0.11.HD65AA. But I just read this Android Police article (URL: https://www.androidpolice.com/2020/...betas-with-snazzy-new-ambient-display-clocks/) that has me ooh-ing and aah-ing at the awesome clock styles! My question is: since the official build version is 10.0.7.HD65 (see picture), won't this be a step back from what I have (assuming chronological order indicates progression)?
    I'm not very familiar with these things, so the differences between the MD5, for instance -- whatever that is! -- between the official and beta builds are some things I don't quite understand.
    Any input would be appreciated. :grin: Capture.png

2. ngydat
    Lollipop May 30, 2020

ngydat , May 30, 2020 :
    With the beta build, you can test features before the usual users who only use the stable build. But in return, you use a build which could not be as stable as the stable one (obviously!). That's why the testers are welcomed to submit their feedback (https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/) in order to improve the beta build.

Eventually, those features will be available in the stable build. As for when, no one here could tell you since you're in a users' forum.

In other words, either you use the stable build or the beta build. If you want more information, you can read this thread (https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/faq-oneplus-7t-oxygenos-beta-stable-update-guide.1229015/). But in your case, it won't be possible to use the beta build (for now) :

The latest stable build version is currently 10.0.11 (10.3.3 for the Indian users) which you have. For the beta build, we're at the 4th iteration currently. You can only flash an update that is newer than the one you're using. You're currently on OxygenOS 10.0.11, which was released AFTER the 4th Open Beta.
    In other words, if you wish to use the beta build, you'll have to wait for the release of the 5th Open Beta.

3. MTakashi
    Cupcake May 30, 2020

MTakashi , May 30, 2020 :
    Dammit! So that's a negative on the clock styles, huh?
    Thanks @ngydat .
    So to confirm: I couldn't flash the Open Beta 4 even if I wanted to?

4. Tobikage
    Nougat May 30, 2020

Tobikage , May 30, 2020 :
    This should be simple enough to understand,

The MD5 value is to verify the integrity of the file you have downloaded with reference to the source file for which the MD5 is provided at the source.

So as long as the values for the MD5 generated by your downloaded file match the source = Your download is good.

5. Horsault
    Nougat Moderator May 30, 2020

Horsault , May 30, 2020 :
    You can flash any ROM as long as it's a complete ROM archive and you're using a computer. And as long as you know and understand what you're doing.
    But of course, if some apps require a newer ROM than the one you flash, they may not run properly. And if some of your data require a newer app than the version running for your ROM, they may be unaccessible, or even destroyed (in worst scenario).
    As @ngydat stated, beta test ROM program is for advanced users ready to look for and detect bugs and malfunctions. Reaching beta test ROM program just for a design which has most chances of coming to future stable updates isn't necessarily a good choice.

MTakashi likes this.
  6. Udit2508
    Froyo May 30, 2020

Udit2508 , May 30, 2020 :
    very clearly explained brother. keep up the good work.

7. MTakashi
    Cupcake May 31, 2020

MTakashi , May 31, 2020 :

Merci beaucoup @Horsault . Très bien dit.