I want to buy a European OP3 in the USA - why won't you let me?

1. gid.cto Eclair Jul 27, 2016

gid.cto, Jul 27, 2016 :
    Dear OnePlus,

I live in a country you chose not to ship to, let's say I'm fine with that. Fortunately for me, I got an opportunity to purchase a phone in the USA. Unfortunately for me, the NA version of the phone doesn't have an important LTE band, so it's no good. I contacted live support to ask whether I can choose which version of the phone I want to buy, but the answer I received was that it is determined automatically by the shipping address.

Huh?!

Do you presume to know what's best for me??

All I want is to buy a phone that would work well in my country without being ripped off by local suppliers or international shipping companies. Just so it is clear - the 300$ OP2 is sold here by one of your "sanctioned" suppliers for 520$, a 73% (!) increase in price (only half of which are taxes) - so I dare not think what the OP3 would cost.

Let me ask you something - does the NA version have cheaper components, or is the ~40USD (399$ vs 399€) difference due to some bureaucratic differences? If the NA version is just a cheaper model, then ok, I can understand why it sells for that price. Otherwise, how logistically difficult would it be to keep some other version in stock on the same continent and give customers some choice?

I'm not even talking about choosing chargers (which even got its own section in the FAQ).....

Do you, Oneplus, in all honesty, consider this "SCM-fail" acceptable?

It's a shame that OnePlus seems to always stand in the way of people wanting to buy their phones.

I'm sorry for the somewhat aggressive tone, but this situation is completely frustrating.

2. stephenboyo KitKat Jul 27, 2016

3. aldimoto Gingerbread Jul 27, 2016

aldimoto, Jul 27, 2016 :
    So much whining for nothing. You don't even sound too smart. Europeans get paid with € so of course they will pay in €. If they get paid €8/hour vs $8/hour that you get paid then price is the same, no difference for them. If they want to buy cheaper let them come to USA.

TrippyZ likes this.
  4. gid.cto Eclair Jul 27, 2016

gid.cto, Jul 27, 2016 :
    Troll much?

You obviously haven't read half my post. It's not a question of "purchasing power". The whole point is you can't buy the model you want directly from OnePlus, going to a different continent won't change that.

I can also buy it in a multitude of online shops. As I said - that's not the {main} issue, imagine you go to a car dealership and ask for a blue car but the company tells you - no, you will get the white one. ?!

5. Professorchaos1 Honeycomb Jul 27, 2016

Professorchaos1, Jul 27, 2016 :
    Make some friends in an EU country?

Yes, their supply chain is based on the location of the shipping address. It's the same with a certain Fruit manufacturer but on a much smaller scale.

6. Smoose91 Cupcake Jul 27, 2016

7. sfomin Nougat Jul 27, 2016

sfomin, Jul 27, 2016 :
    thats very different from your situation... yours would be like going to a VW dealership and trying to buy a European spec car (for example, 4 door VW R32). Of course they will say that it cant be done!

srlawren and Professorchaos1 like this.
  8. aldimoto Gingerbread Jul 27, 2016

aldimoto, Jul 27, 2016 :
    Then just use a forward shipping service and stop pmsing. Or change your carrier. Whining hear won't help.