Icon packs on OxygenOS 2.0

1. absalehs
    Gingerbread Aug 1, 2015

absalehs , Aug 1, 2015 :
    Hey, I've seen all reviews on the OnePlus 2 and I've noticed that whenever the reviewer goes to settings I can't see 'Icon Packs' as an option nor in customization. Why is that?

2. LifelessLewis
    Jelly Bean Aug 1, 2015

LifelessLewis , Aug 1, 2015 :
    Pre release software, more than likely it isn't in the ROM yet. Or it could be somewhere else in the phone, like a launcher settings app or something.

eitesh and rphlfjrd like this.
  3. aaron.hossain75
    Lollipop Aug 1, 2015

4. bsumanthp
    Honeycomb Aug 1, 2015

bsumanthp , Aug 1, 2015 :
    Since it is not the cyanogen....there will be no icon packs to download... Maybe we have to wait for some time for the updates

DKaempf94 likes this.
  5. arvindautar
    Eclair Aug 2, 2015

arvindautar , Aug 2, 2015 :
    Icon packs are not nessearily depended upon the cm theme engine. Most of the time they are when they are integrated with the cm theme itself. However when icon packs are independed available in e.g google playstore one can install them and use them withouth cm theme engine.

Applying such icon packs is done through launcher settings.

6. zeetle
    Froyo Aug 3, 2015

zeetle , Aug 3, 2015 :
    OxygenOS2.0 will allow you to install custom iconpacks from the play store (that work with the rom). I saw Pei mention it in the Launch. Out of the box the +2 will let you select from 4 different icon packs. I also noticed this on one of the hands on videos. Cyanogen has absolutely nothing to do with icon packs or themes. They weren't the first to incorporate "in settings" theaming and wont be the last. In future updates Oxygen OS will most likely allow us to customize Layers via settings.

Out of the Box we will be able to choose Icon packs and Accent Colors.

Its important to understand that conventional Android roms require you to "flash" Icon packs and various other modules if you want to change the look and feel.

Where as more popular and "higher end" (made by pro developers) Roms have these functions built right into the system so everyday users may take advantage of Androids full potential.
    EX. HTC Sense, MIUI, Cyanogen, OxygenOS 2, TouchWiz

Currently within the dev community Layers is a huge deal and will most likely be incorporated into Oxygen OS in the future.

tranemonk and absalehs like this.
  7. zeetle
    Froyo Aug 3, 2015

zeetle , Aug 3, 2015 :
    I made a mistake, it comes with 3 packs for you to choose from initially

PM42 likes this.
  8. absalehs
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2015

absalehs , Aug 3, 2015 :
    Thanks alot!

9. renejr902
    Donut Aug 4, 2015

renejr902 , Aug 4, 2015 :
    i have a question. maybe its stupid but i want to be sure. with a lg g3 i installed custom roms and i figured that you cant connect your google play account and use google play. i bought SEVERAL games. With the One Plus 2 , oxygen os can i connect to my google play account and use google play? Thanks for answer.

10. SalmonPieEater91
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2015

11. tranemonk
    Froyo Aug 4, 2015

12. absalehs
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2015

absalehs , Aug 4, 2015 :
    That's a really good question, even TouchWiz users are able to change fonts.

13. zeetle
    Froyo Aug 4, 2015

zeetle , Aug 4, 2015 :
    Absolutely yes, Oxygen OS is Google Play Services Compliant. Once you get your new +2 and log into your google account associated with the Play Store. You can open the app and go to "My Apps" and download all your apps that you have purchased (or gotten for free) from other devices.

Hope this was helpful.

renejr902 likes this.
  14. zeetle
    Froyo Aug 4, 2015

zeetle , Aug 4, 2015 :
    I cant seem to find the thread that breaks down Oxygen OS by the Mods but if the ability to change system wide fonts isnt available from the start then it most certainly will in a later update.

Its important to understand that with the falling out with CM being so sudden 1+ has a lot of work to do not only to make a compelling custom rom but to incorporate all the customization options their fans are used to in a easy to use manner and on top of that adding their own flair to the rom.

So in a way they "have to" have such basic functions like changing font. As not having it would be the equivalent of attempting to swim backwards.

Example:
    - Icon Pack friendly <------this is very much a nod to the CM days and their fans who enjoy changing the look and feel.
    - Custom app drawer icon <------ this would be categorized as adding their own "dna"

15. tranemonk
    Froyo Aug 5, 2015

tranemonk , Aug 5, 2015 :
    I would think given the new OPT they will be torn between "adding" new features and simply issuing timely updates to fix patches and glitches, not to mention catching up to the OPT demand. I'm sadly feeling like this will be a feature they won't get to for a long time. :(

16. renejr902
    Donut Aug 5, 2015

renejr902 , Aug 5, 2015 :
    Thanks so much for answer. its really appreciated !

17. DeepanGulati
    Eclair Sep 12, 2015

18. Rishiraj Kalita
    Cupcake Sep 14, 2015

Rishiraj Kalita , Sep 14, 2015 :
    Where exactly can we find the icon pack selection in OP2?

19. sickwitit
    Eclair Sep 14, 2015

sickwitit , Sep 14, 2015 :
    All you have to do is download icon packs from the play store and then:
    1. Install icon pack from play store.
    2. Hold down on home screen.
    3. Select settings.
    4. Select the installed icon pack under Visual

pampurio97, 9dcy and Rishiraj Kalita like this.
  20. Dimitris911
    Gingerbread Sep 25, 2015

Dimitris911 , Sep 25, 2015 :
    where are these 3 icon packs? can you navigate me through?

PM42 likes this.