Icon packs OxygenOS 12 via OnePlus 9 Pro

1. EyeGiveZeroFox , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Oct 17, 2021 :
    To anyone testing the OxygenOS 12, does it still support icon packs? Like candycons etc?

I love the hydrogen and oxygen icon packs but I know that ColorOS has an icon modifier that has been ported to the new OxygenOS. However sadly, ColorOS doesn't support icon packs (for now), hint hint.

I like to alternate between the native Oxygen/Hydrogen icons, as well as CandyCons, Mixed icon pack and also Whicons.

Will I still be able to do this when I move to OxygenOS 12?

Thank you

2. rhyd1am
    KitKat Community Expert Oct 17, 2021

rhyd1am , Oct 17, 2021 :
    Hi, I'm typing this on my OPPO find X2 pro, and I can assure you that ColorOS does indeed support icon packs.

Obviously I can't personally speak about OxygenOS 12 as 8 haven't used it, but ColorOS definitely sports icon packs, as do older versions of OOS so I would find it very strange if they were removed from OOS12 🙂

3. Shailender Sharma
    Nougat Oct 17, 2021

Shailender Sharma , Oct 17, 2021 :
    Explore more here -
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/explore-more-on-oxygenos-12.1500773/

EyeGiveZeroFox and rhyd1am like this.
  4. EyeGiveZeroFox
    Froyo Oct 22, 2021

EyeGiveZeroFox , via OnePlus 6T , Oct 22, 2021 :
    Oh yes?

So you can use icon packs without a third party launcher on ColorOS (Oppo)? I didn't know it!

I was in a phone shop here in Spain and had a little play with an Oppo Find X3 Pro (I decided to buy OnePlus 9 pro in the end) and I also have a friend who has the Find X2 Pro like you: I couldn't find an option to use third party icon packs ANYWHERE.

This is something very important for me.

Yes I agree, it would be strange to remove it from OxygenOS 12 but it seems more and more apparent every time I investigate this subject that "Oxygen" OS12 is basically ColorOS12 ported to OnePlus phones, in every aspect except the name.

So, just to confirm, you can use third party icon packs on Oppo Find X2 Pro without third party launchers?

Thanks bro :)

Shailender Sharma and rhyd1am like this.
  5. rhyd1am
    KitKat Community Expert Oct 22, 2021

rhyd1am , Oct 22, 2021 :
    Yes, I can use any icon pack I like with the stock ColorOS launcher on my Find X2 Pro 🙂👍

rhyd1am and Shailender Sharma like this.
  7. rhyd1am
    KitKat Community Expert Oct 23, 2021

rhyd1am , Oct 23, 2021 :
    No problem at all mate 👍

EyeGiveZeroFox likes this.
  8. EyeGiveZeroFox , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Oct 30, 2021 :
    Hey sorry to bother you again but how exactly do I use icon packs on colorOS? I literally cannot find the option to do it ANYWHERE. All I keep finding is the panel to change the shape of the native icons. (I'm testing an Oppo in the supermarket).

Thanks again man

9. rhyd1am
    KitKat Community Expert Oct 30, 2021

rhyd1am , Oct 30, 2021 :
    Hi, that would depend on the version of ColorOS. On my Find X2 pro, I either long press the home screen and click icons (and there's a list of installed icon packs), or in settings>personalisations>icons 🙂

10. EyeGiveZeroFox , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Oct 30, 2021 :
    Ah so it could be because there are no icon packs installed on the phone. That makes more sense.

I hope OnePlus keeps most of the simplicity of OxygenOS rather than the unnecessary complications and steps needed to do things on ColorOS.

Anyway, thank you again for your help.

rhyd1am likes this.
  11. rhyd1am
    KitKat Community Expert Oct 30, 2021

rhyd1am , Oct 30, 2021 :
    No problem at all buddy 👍🙂